a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have been reading here for awhile and want to thank Katiecoolady, Pasa, and the other court observers that have so generously shared their notes and insights with the forum. I appreciate your observations and the sacrifices you endure. I also enjoy the other forum posters thoughts and opinions. I have not watched a trial since the FCA debacle.

Sending thoughts and prayers to Travis' family and Katie's brother.

Poor Jodi. Average looks, average artwork no one is purchasing and her parents didn't compliment her about, below standard student, but brilliant psychopath!

No, not brilliant psychopath. If she was brilliant, she wouldn't have left a trail a mile wide behind her (car rental, gas cans, gun theft etc). Cunning perhaps, but then again, animals are cunning. Brilliant, not even close.

I can't imagine she'd be giving one of her TWO supporters the bird (as Nancy called it lol). But then again she did tell MM (we believe) he "f*cked up" so...she might. It sure did seem intentional though didn't it?

I think it was for the camera. Didn't someone who was convicted just recently do that in the courtroom when he was sentenced? Could it be she is feeling the heat and assumes she's not doing too well and why not just do it for her own self satisfaction? I noticed she was rubbing her chin before doing it as if she was trying to decide if she should or not (with that blank stare, I might add). If the camera can see it there is a good chance one of the jurors caught it too.

Oh I'm sure this is fun for her. Breaks up the monotony of her life in jail. And she's probably confident that like CA and OJ she'll walk. The funny thing is, I think she hasn't hated being in jail. I think she's adapted to her new world, and actually enjoys the infamy and knowing she'll forever be famous. The fact that she's "famous" for a heinous crime doesn't bother her. She's a celebrity now.

I agree - she's also making more money as an incarcerated admitted killer then she ever did on the outside - at least for now - once she's convicted that gravy train will come to a screeching halt.

BBM.....that's something I wondered about. Are there actual CAMERAMEN in the courtroom, or are they automatic cameras on the walls?

Inquiring mind wants to know.

Sorry to quote myself, but can SOMEONE answer this for me??

TIA.

Poor Jodi. Average looks, average artwork no one is purchasing and her parents didn't compliment her about, below standard student, but brilliant psychopath!

BBM :floorlaugh: Your post just gave me a chuckle.

BBM.....that's something I wondered about. Are there actual CAMERAMEN in the courtroom, or are they automatic cameras on the walls?

Inquiring mind wants to know.

Both. The automatic cameras are in the courtrooms all the time, and they provide extremely poor quality video.

Or attempt to keep JM from discovering more fix/cover-ups not already identified.

His entire suitcase looks like the aftermath of an F-5 tornado from which he has not been able to produce numerous requested documents.

But Thursday afternoon with JM.. He suddenly -- conveniently-- comes up with "his copy" stating it was in his notebook "all along"

Doc should have shut his trap re: "his conveniently found copy".
IMO He never thought producing "his" "copy" would be a red flag in JM's mind.

Then the judge told him he has to speak with the DT re: getting his "exhibit" back... to study..
Yes.... Doc seemed petrified.

The DT is no doubt ripping the good doctor a new orifice this weekend.
and.....
He is no doubt one of those people who believe no one can see him:
picking his nose, in his car, in slow - heavy traffic.....
Because the windows r rolled up. :floorlaugh:
Oh you had me choking on my donut lol I needed a good laugh. Your on a roll lol

I think it's hilarious that! Jodi's pillpopping! And document stealing was caught on camera! Even her flipping the birdie.

Both. The automatic cameras are in the courtrooms all the time, and they provide extremely poor quality video.

Thank you, and my apologies in advance for my other, semi-snarky post about no one answering me, ha ha. Sorrrryyyyy!

So then people KNOW that a cameraman is all up in their space?? That would feel very awkward I'd think.

In the past few weeks I have seen 2 old AZ cases with Martinez on 48 Hours on ID channel.

Was JM actually on the show or did you just know the cases were ones he handled?

Any chance you remember which ones they were?

BBM that's wild as there are strict rules saying you can only bring in water.

I tell you this, it's not nearly as tightly managed as the Scott Peterson trial where you could get thrown out for life for chewing gum and that Judge I swear could spot a gum chewer in the back row, in fact I saw him do it once. This one is not nearly as strict. I was surprised i could even bring in water.

There have been times we've been told we can bring only water (closed container). Other times we've been told as long as it's in close container soft drinks are ok. I stick to water just to be safe.

Heres my question, has anything come of the Pill Popping and the hiding of the folder under her pathetic butt? Someone please tell me YES!!!

Yes I've seen it! And funny Hln showed the video of her popping pills! Sneaking documents under her seat and flipping the bird. It's been shown on dr drew ng JVM lol

I just found this web site when searching for the trial, had NO idea such a forum existed! Thank you, thank you to all of the court watchers, your posts are both fascinating and informative.

Welcome to Websleuths! Glad you joined the conversation.

:welcome6:

I believe laviolette?? (can never remember how to spell her name) is about to follow in the foot steps of Dick Samuels.

I am wondering about ALV. Does she really believe JA was abused? Is she so caught up in her cause that she is disregarding the evidence and believing JA? I would think that this woman would be against abuse, regardless of which way it flows (man to woman or the reverse) If so, then why is she testifying in this trial. Surely it is not for $$$$$.

Pasa will you be in court when she is on the stand? Will any of our other observers? I will be very interested in your impressions of this woman.

Just a quick question for our court observers...

On the DT side of the court, are those people all JA supporters or are the spectators just given available seats regardless of who they are there to support?

The sad reality now,in our courts, is that as soon as someone is dead they cease being the victim and the killer takes over that role. :banghead:

The Alexander family side consists of their family/friends and media.
The ja side consists of her mother, aunt, and one or two others. The rest of the seats are the public. That's the side I always sit on. We are also told where to sit, we can't go in and sit where we like. It's pretty controlled. I've not talked to anyone who is a supporter of ja. I suspect one person who was there a few days may have, but she never revealed it. It was just a gut feeling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bands0408