a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not inappropriate...this question came up on the radio show tonite. It's complicated I think because they are all in CA and this is all happening here. There were some bells rung in to that community last week to see how they might offer assistance. I think people assume needs are being met until they hear otherwise. I've been the voice of "otherwise" lately. :seeya:

Just wanted to pop in and say the talk show was great tonight. Now I'm off to take my son to the emergency room.

I also noticed he starts rapid blinking.

I noticed that, too. My ex-husband used to do that whenever he lied, which was often. It was like watching a slightly slowed down hummingbird. I couldn't believe he was never aware he was doing that, because to the degree that he did it, it MUST have impaired his vision. That kind of thing always makes me wonder if *I* have any tells that I'm unaware of.

Just wanted to pop in and say the talk show was great tonight. Now I'm off to take my son to the emergency room.

So sorry Tsun. I hope it's not too long of a wait and you get the help you need asap there. Hugs :hug:

Thank you for making this clear explanation! :tyou:

Does borderline mean bordering on sociopathy (psychopathy)? Or on the border between two "-pathies"? :smile:

:doh:

It referred to the 'borderline' between neurosis and psychosis, at least back in the day. Folks who are borderline can get paranoid (etc) enough to nearly be psychotic.

It's not psychotic enough to be considered full psychosis, though, as it's still a personality disorder and those are not on the same axis as disorders with psychoses (like schizophrenia, bipolar sometimes, depression sometimes, etc). She's not sick; she just has a really sucky personality, in other words!

I think JA is a psychopath who also has Borderline PD, or at least many features of it. The psychopathy is her big, big problem, imho.

Maybe I missed the answer to this question but I am curious. Also, what is a consensus of when this trial will be wrapped up? I am worried that this judge is perhaps notkeeping this case on a time track. I understand it is a death penalty case thus every detail is important, but it also appears that the brutal murder of Travis by this psychopath who is Jodi has taken over & it's the "Jodi" show & she is loving it while the Alexander family is subjected to sitting there daily listening to her garbage DT. The judge needs to keep this concise and focused. She is looking a little "Judge Ito"ish to me. The goal is to prove premeditation now, a lot of Dr. Samuels' testimony is pure speculation at this point. While I do think JA will be convicted of 1st degree premeditated murder, this trial is being manipulated by JA & the judge needs to rein it back in & focus on Travis' horrendous murder in cold blood. I get nauseous when I hear reruns of JA saying she knows how shallow it sounds, but can she "clean herself up" before her booking shot. I mean, who does that? That disgusts me.

Yup no cameras in Peterson. I think some cameras might have been in there on some hearings early on but the actual trial, no.

When I think of the Peterson trial, I always remember it as though I'd seen it, then I remember the fantastic coverage by Court TV and of course, our dear Beth Karas bringing us the news from her Blackberry.

i have been watching the auctions and most are won by fake bidders, ppl willing to run the feedback to wim and refuse to pay so hardly anything ever gets sold
All you have to have is an email addy to join and bid on ebay. You could make up a fictatious identity and bid. You don't have to use your real info until you join paypal or one of the other pay sites. So no-one has to risk bad feedback on their real ebay acct.

So sorry Tsun. I hope it's not too long of a wait and you get the help you need asap there. Hugs :hug:

Was there until 5AM EST. Liver enzymes elevated but they couldn't find why he was in pain. But at least we put to rest his worry that he had cancer with a CT scan of his abdomen. Geez dealing with someone who doesn't think "normally" can be draining.

This link was posted on the main thread. It is an awesome read about what Dr. Samuels did and not do re testing.

Also along side is another great article re an angle about Jodi's childhood.

Worth the time to read.

http://kristinarandle.com/blog/jodi-arias-trial-how-expert-was-dr-samuels-expert-testimony/[/quote

Very good; especially the article re JA as a youth. This gives some insight into the taped interrogation videos when Detective Flores told Jodi that he had spoken to her parents and they believed that she had “something to do with Travis’s murder.”

This is a fascinating blog, SCSam. Thank you so much for providing a link. I wish Juan would have taken this approach to x-exam Samuels. As much as I love Juan, I don't think his cross was very effective for this witness.

He focused so much on Samuel's 'treatment' vs. 'evaluation' approach, that IMO he missed some other crucial problems with Samuel's evaluation, which Dr. KR makes easily understood for laymen.

Yikes, I saw myself coming out of the courthouse. LOL! That's the same time I got the pic of Katie DDJ and Juan on the courthouse steps. Posted in this thread.

Thanks for the link.

I saw you, too!! It's so exciting to see my WS friends there at the courthouse--I feel like I know everyone!

That's the issue I'm getting signed by the author and gonna auction off on ebay for proceeds for the Alexander family. :rocker:

KCL - Thanks for sharing this picture with us back a few weeks ago. We don't see much about the trial up here in Minnesota :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Little boston