a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Give her no credence. She's not "right" on a lot of levels. I'm not worried about this jury or this verdict. AT ALL.

I'm nuts in my own ways but I have a lot more clarity on this than she does. I invite you in to my confidence.

I am going to ask her which juror she thinks will be the hold out. She likes to talk, as you well know. :)

I don't see any indication of a hung jury other than they'd like to hang ja.

On another note...personally I think the jurors were interested in what she was "lecturing" about today because some of them like a lot of us have experienced these abusive relationships and its so intriguing to hear an expert pinpoint what some of us have been through and the perp behaviors and tendencies to gain control in a relationship over the other person. I used to think that in all relationships one person has the control, but not both. I know better now but can't help think others have been there too.

JA is NOT one though, she's had the control I think.

Dr. Lillian Glass on the radio show last Sunday called it an "adhesive personality" (worth a listen imo).

Thanks for that reference, katie. "Adhesive personality," huh? There's a new one for me....

It reminds me of the joke that is about someone trying to learn the English language -- and when asked why it was so difficult, he said, "They've got a new word for everything." Ennyhowww, the new word I have now learned, adhesive personality, makes me think that the pyschs seem to have a word for every type of personality -- thereby making every one of us somehow "not normal." I could list a few even for moi :what:...

None of us is normal anymore.
icon9.gif

lol, kind of

Who would want that INfamy. No it's not even accurate. There are no "lone wolfs" on this jury that demonstrate that kind of thing. Maybe SHE would be a person like that but no, none of them. That comment, I'll say it, was just ignorant.

EXACTLY! ..and THAT is what I was thinking as she was being interviewed...

After she said what she said, I thought to myself, wow she must have really pushed and prodded to finally get herself a piece of the limelight in this trial..

I say that not to be mean, but the other people they pull out of the crowd have a certain, ummm...how should I say..SANE look! No, not really...but...she just didn't come across as polished and well put together as the rest of the people they've interviewed..and her thinking was very concerning..

ALV said on the stand, $250/hr for research and $300/hr for court appearances

"Surprisingly, less experienced experts generally charge more than experienced experts. The median hourly rate for all experts for in court testimony was $300."

I heard early this evening on HLN she is being paid $300/hr. I'll see if I can find the info to back it up.

The circumstantial evidence of it would be how FREAKING long she's been on the stand but YET to say one word about Jodi or Travis.

I think she put JM, our pitbull to sleep for a while. Then he suddenly woke up with a groggy, "Objection....."

Was this a different one than TA's family was wearing? It looks very small, but that could just be because she is further from the camera.

View attachment 31231

I don't know all the players in court, but a lady behind TA's family was wearing a ribbon. Is she a member of the family too?

View attachment 31232

I always wonder who that sweet lady is too...

My thoughts are that yesterday was a game changer.

JA went from potential "pacifist" to an adult woman, who's own "compassionate" Psychologist champion, admits she gratuitously kicked her own mother without provocation.

The kicking the dog thing , to the rest of us, was just icing on the cake (wonder if it will come in though somewhere...JM has a lot more to present in rebuttal, remember).

She kicks chairs, dogs and her mother.

She is a violent, evil sociopath who will get what she deserves: the Death Penalty.

PS, Ironically , I JUST saw the front side of this demon's face as that "kicking the mother for no reason" testimony came in and she SMILES. Did you guys see this? Her duping delight? OMG...demon, demon demon.

bbm
First, katiecoo, let me say once more, Thanks for all your amazing effort, eloquence, and patience in doing all that you do for us WSer's, for Travis and his faithful & hurting family, and for jurisprudence. It's a debt that will never be repaid -- there's just no way to do that.

Please notice my bbm. I am still gun-shy, disillusioned, and I still worry, worry, worry about the outcome of this trial. Even to the extent that I am almost too superstitious and too afraid to "Thanks-button" anyone who is confident of a 1st Degree Murder -- Guilty verdict.

Are you that confident that this trial will end the way you say: G of 1st Deg Murder and Death? And, briefly for your sake, Why? What has convinced you? Make me feel better (all about me), please. Thank you, you wonderful human being.

xxoo

My thoughts are that yesterday was a game changer.

JA went from potential "pacifist" to an adult woman, who's own "compassionate" Psychologist champion, admits she gratuitously kicked her own mother without provocation.

The kicking the dog thing , to the rest of us, was just icing on the cake (wonder if it will come in though somewhere...JM has a lot more to present in rebuttal, remember).

She kicks chairs, dogs and her mother.

She is a violent, evil sociopath who will get what she deserves: the Death Penalty.

PS, Ironically , I JUST saw the front side of this demon's face as that "kicking the mother for no reason" testimony came in and she SMILES. Did you guys see this? Her duping delight? OMG...demon, demon demon.
:wave:
Oh yes the dog, the cat, her mother, it's all very familiar. I've got a sister who's a sociopath but I didn't know it until a couple years ago. I finally realized I'm not the crazy one! Well, y'all know what I mean! :giggle:

bbm
First, katiecoo, let me say once more, Thanks for all your amazing effort, eloquence, and patience in doing all that you do for us WSer's, for Travis and his faithful & hurting family, and for jurisprudence. It's a debt that will never be repaid -- there's just no way to do that.

Please notice my bbm. I am still gun-shy, disillusioned, and I still worry, worry, worry about the outcome of this trial. Even to the extent that I am almost too superstitious and too afraid to "Thanks-button" anyone who is confident of a 1st Degree Murder -- Guilty verdict.

Are you that confident that this trial will end the way you say: G of 1st Deg Murder and Death? And, briefly for your sake, Why? What has convinced you? Make me feel better (all about me), please. Thank you, you wonderful human being.

xxoo

Ok, I'm gonna make a list so bear with me ok? Then I'm gonna hit the hay for a long court day tomorrow.

1. I'm actually astounded this case ever went to trial as the evidence against this murderer is SO STRONG (heck she admitted she did it firstly). She killed him, she's trying to save her life and costing MY tax dollars (and the jury's) by telling yet another series of lies.

2. The evidence for first degree murder is OVERWHELMING.

3. I watch this jury and NONE that I can see are showing any signs of sympathy for her.

4. She destroyed her own credibility on the stand.

5. Her second plea, Dr. Samuels also destroyed all credibility on the stand.

6. Her third and final plea doesn't realize that she's actually tesifying for the state. Juan will tie that all up for them though.

7. I sat through not one but TWO death penalty trials in this State both resulting in conviction and death. Neither was as strong as this case.

8. If this jury finds her guilty, which imo they will easily, they would have to think outside the box to find this crime does not qualify for the death penalty based on instructions and definitions.

9. This is a "death qualified" jury...they've all already said they'd have no problem handing down a death sentence. If any crime qualified for death it's this one. It's not subjective...it is a formula they are to find: if you find this crime for which you've convicted her, meets this a, b c criteria, then the appropriate sentence to hand down is death. Again they'd have to step OUTSIDE those definitions to not go with death.

10. This is a completely unsympathetic defendant. No matter how her team tries to sell sympathy for her, it just seems to make matters worse. Again there is not one juror who concerns me in terms of overt sympathy for her.

Far far more cases that go to trial result in conviction than not. We had a couple of high profile ones that didn't have that result but they are unicorns in the grand scheme of things.

As far as I'm concerned there is nothing to lose by fervently throwing all of my belief and wholeheartedness in to this prosecution team's competence, fighting spirit and being on the side of RIGHT.

NO ONE wants Jodi Arias out on the street again.

Finally, this case I've said all along will be decided for guilt in the rebuttal phase. Just wait for that. I think you will be able to exhale by the end of that. if not, we'll talk again. :seeya:

Now...I bid you a goodnight!

I know I've been eating (and drinking) way too much during this trial...I guess it shows....:blushing:

lol just playin with ya Martin.

Lol,,no not at all ,,you look great,,big high 5s to brothercoolman on the progress

After taking a full day off and getting some rest and things accomplished I've decided I'm gonna go for the FULL day tomorrow. I was gonna go for the pm but I need to go support my girl Beth K in that hearing in the am which I hope they let us in for. I'll be rested and ready to crank out my notes tomorrow. :)

What time is the hearing at?

KCL,

Were you there when JM threw his pen? If so, what was the jury reaction? Thank you for all you have done.

I saw that and wondered if he was ever going to pick it up after it lazily rolled off the table onto the floor. He certainly wasn't about to interrupt his dramatic moment to do THAT. Since I never saw him pick it up, now I'm wondering if it was driving people with OCD NUTS that he appeared to have ignored it. :biggrin:

I thought JW asked her today and she said $350hr for research, and $300hr for speaking... Does anyone else remember hearing that?

I thought I heard $250.00 research & 300$ testimony?
(Hope Im doing this correctly..... first reply on this site since Jon Benet Ramsey days lol.....)

A question for any of the courtroom observers:

Something about JA's mother wearing the "#1 mother" necklace has been bothering me for a while, but I couldn't put my finger on it.

Then I started to wonder, was she actually wearing it as a message to JA to not pull a Jose Baez on her and throw her under the bus as being responsible for what happened like JB did to George Anthony? To subtly tell her "I was a good mother - you were a horrible child"?

Any thoughts, oh mighty courtroom observers? :seeya:

i'm not a courtroom observer, but i was wondering if it was a gift from one of her other children, knowing what a monster jodi is i would think her mom must feel somewhat guilty of her method of upbringing and is blaming herself. the necklace is comfort to her.

sorry if i spoke out of line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member