a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't be sorry...you were so, so helpful to me! Wish I could have thanked you in person, but I totally understand.

All of you WSers should know just how wonderful PASA is.

:yourock:

Awww, thanks! You're too kind. I'm glad you got there ok and were able to get in.

Hi guys ,

Obviously brief notes today.

I got there after the first hearing (messed up the times) so visited in the hall for awhile with KatieDDJ and others.

BlueLady and I went in the courtroom and a sentencing hearing was going on on another what appeared to be murder. There was another family sitting on the family side in the courtroom so we just sat behind JA's family (which was weird) waiting .

I looked over and saw both Martinez and Flores sitting in the row I normally sit in on the family side watching this hearing. Travis' family was sitting behind and clearly emotional. It had to be just heartbreaking seeing another family dealing with this sentencing and their own Victim Advocate (well one of them) supporting this family. It was like a fast forward to the future for them. :(

So that hearing ends and everyone sort of assumes their correct seating.

Samantha approaches me with tears in her eyes thanking me for all the support coming in and tells me to pass along her sincere thanks and how she can't possibly send thank you notes to everyone but how much she deeply appreciates it all. She says she always used to be a positive person before all this happened and all the love and support coming their way is restoring her positivity. This warms my heart to hear.

So I'm passing it along. I also had a card/donation to hand the family today. That makes 100% this week I had something to give them. Boy does that make me feel good.

Juan Martinez has left then walks in and smiles directly at me..that also warmed my heart, of course. :)

SO we're waiting and waiting...I run out to go to the bathroom quickly. On my way back in there is a congregation in front of the courtroom door so I'm basically walking through it to get in..it's all the defense team plus ALV plus Maria. I hear Nurmi say something about "if she gets dizzy...if she's nauseous...". I didn't know what it was about but I had a hunch.

Shortly after getting back in there, the asst. bailiff announces court is out for the day.

I do believe it's from a "migraine".

I think it's more "Notgettingenoughattentionyesterdayitis". I think she's punishing her DT and LaViolette in her stellar passive aggressive way for not having her name uttered in court yesterday.

So..........we leave, hang around, talk to the family about some private matters (still on the housing hunt) and head out to a long leisurely lunch.

On our way to the parking lot I saw this weird bunny in a pot outside the courthouse...texted it to Bill at Dr. Drew and he called me asking my permission to use it on Dr. Drew...I had to go through all kinds of "licensing " and release for the photo...of course they can use it. I asked my name not be attached to it so....enjoy.

It is a woman in the costume who said something weird like "buy a bunny for charity for homeless teens" yet when we asked where was the bunny to buy she said "buyabunny.com" and pointed to her T shirt which actually said "Positive Bunny". As I said, the nuts are coming out in full force now.

I am watching Nancy Grace right now and see the bunny person right over Jean C shoulder...she positioned herself carefully to be in the background...see for yourself. :what:

Cuh razy!!!

I'll be back for the short session the am........hopefully something of value will be testified to.

Thanks Katie. So glad you are there for the family.

:cheer:
This news made my day! I had been hearing from court watchers that the DV expert seemed to be really connecting with the jurors, and I was starting to feel discouraged... :facepalm: Knowing JM has 15 witnesses ready for rebuttal gives me renewed confidence that Travis will get the justice he and his family deserve.

:scale:

Actually, it wasn't 15 witnesses ready for rebuttal - it was JM's 15th witness addendum - so he's added witnesses 15 times. No telling how many witnesses he has lined up.

Hi guys ,

Obviously brief notes today.

I got there after the first hearing (messed up the times) so visited in the hall for awhile with KatieDDJ and others.

BlueLady and I went in the courtroom and a sentencing hearing was going on on another what appeared to be murder. There was another family sitting on the family side in the courtroom so we just sat behind JA's family (which was weird) waiting .

I looked over and saw both Martinez and Flores sitting in the row I normally sit in on the family side watching this hearing. Travis' family was sitting behind and clearly emotional. It had to be just heartbreaking seeing another family dealing with this sentencing and their own Victim Advocate (well one of them) supporting this family. It was like a fast forward to the future for them. :(

So that hearing ends and everyone sort of assumes their correct seating.

Samantha approaches me with tears in her eyes thanking me for all the support coming in and tells me to pass along her sincere thanks and how she can't possibly send thank you notes to everyone but how much she deeply appreciates it all. She says she always used to be a positive person before all this happened and all the love and support coming their way is restoring her positivity. This warms my heart to hear.

So I'm passing it along. I also had a card/donation to hand the family today. That makes 100% this week I had something to give them. Boy does that make me feel good.

Juan Martinez has left then walks in and smiles directly at me..that also warmed my heart, of course. :)

SO we're waiting and waiting...I run out to go to the bathroom quickly. On my way back in there is a congregation in front of the courtroom door so I'm basically walking through it to get in..it's all the defense team plus ALV plus Maria. I hear Nurmi say something about "if she gets dizzy...if she's nauseous...". I didn't know what it was about but I had a hunch.

Shortly after getting back in there, the asst. bailiff announces court is out for the day.

I do believe it's from a "migraine".

I think it's more "Notgettingenoughattentionyesterdayitis". I think she's punishing her DT and LaViolette in her stellar passive aggressive way for not having her name uttered in court yesterday.

So..........we leave, hang around, talk to the family about some private matters (still on the housing hunt) and head out to a long leisurely lunch.

On our way to the parking lot I saw this weird bunny in a pot outside the courthouse...texted it to Bill at Dr. Drew and he called me asking my permission to use it on Dr. Drew...I had to go through all kinds of "licensing " and release for the photo...of course they can use it. I asked my name not be attached to it so....enjoy.

It is a woman in the costume who said something weird like "buy a bunny for charity for homeless teens" yet when we asked where was the bunny to buy she said "buyabunny.com" and pointed to her T shirt which actually said "Positive Bunny". As I said, the nuts are coming out in full force now.

I am watching Nancy Grace right now and see the bunny person right over Jean C shoulder...she positioned herself carefully to be in the background...see for yourself. :what:

Cuh razy!!!

I'll be back for the short session the am........hopefully something of value will be testified to.

Thank you so much for the breakdown of today's events, you rock Kathy!:great:

The one from last night?

Oh gosh MeeBee, I'm so sorry, I thought you were talking about tonight's. Have you tried the HLN website? I don't know if they have that kind of thing but it might be worth a try to look and see.

I saw on Dr. Drew that KatieDDJ said that she saw some jurors leaving this morning and they did not look happy - did anyone else see that too? I can't imagine how frustrated they must be at how long this is dragging out! It sounded like Paul R was sick this week and HE didn't call in sick. JS

Still at a long leisurely lunch w Katie DDj and others - home in a bit

KatieDDj was a bit giggly tonight on DD...thought about this long lunch!

Hope that your brother is doing much, much better and that he's back on track soon.

Please give Travis's family our love and comfort. These past two days must have been very hard for them. I can picture Travis looking over them with love and trying to find a way to make them laugh and wipe their tears away. His love will be with them always, as will theirs for him. Nothing can take that away. Family forever.

EVERYONE is saying that Skip! It's awesome. I can't wait to see that cross...he's gonna flip her like a teflon coated pancake in a teflon pan with a teflon flipper. :rocker:

I always try to look at the bright side of things, so I'm really glad you got to have a nice long fun lunch with KatieDDJ and Co. You deserved it! Hope your brother is doing better! ;)

I read on another thread that there are only half days next week. Is that true??? This getting nerve wracking.:what::banghead::banghead::banghead::twocents::twocents:

Looks like Tuesday and Wednesday trial for ja is scheduled. The other days have other cases going on.

I don't know if they will be full or half days tho'.

Thank you!!! A little birdie told me you were gonna be on Dr. Drew so I watched you...excellent job!! So sorry I didn't get to meet you yesterday....I was just flat out exhausted. And good thing you didn't go today right?

If you get a chance to come back next week then......HH is on! :seeya:

Thanks for your great notes!!

You're so welcome and don't be sorry. I imagine you needed the down time!! Do you know that when you said you weren't up to going and then PASA said she was sick I almost decided to just wait until today to go so I could catch up with the two of you? So glad I didn't. I really wish I could have met you and PASA in person...but now I have a reason to come back, right?!

My biggest regret of the day is not being able to personally express my condolences to the family. My heart just bleeds for them. This trial, to me, is not about sex or abuse or self-defense or Jodi. It's about Travis and the injustice done to the world that he is no longer with us. I pray that this jury will bring justice to him and his family. After seeing them yesterday, I am convinced that they will.

Hey websleuthers in AZ. I just flew in to AZ from WI today and found out that my folks second car here has a bad tranny. Is there anyone out near Queen Creek who could possibly bring me to the courthouse on Tuesday, I am dying to see the trial in person!!! I would pay you!!!!

Our own My3Sons was in court yesterday. Here are some photos she is sharing. Thanks M3S!

2ivh3dd.jpg

My3Sons and Beth Karas
1ph2f6.jpg

Katie DDJ and My3Sons (in the mobile studio for Dr. Drew show).

2hgy248.jpg

Katie DDJ and My3Sons at HH. *No ID for other trial attendees*

Our own My3Sons was in court yesterday. Here are some photos she is sharing. Thanks M3S!

2ivh3dd.jpg

Beth and My3Sons

1ph2f6.jpg

Katie DDJ and My3Sons (in the mobile studio for Dr. Drew show.

2hgy248.jpg

Katie DDJ and My3Sons at HH. *No ID for other trial attendees*

You're beautiful! Just like both of our Katies!

BTW, who are the rest of the ladies, in the photo?

KCL - I have a question.

In the other thread, a poster said that she saw JA stamp her hooves and exclaim "What is this, what is this?" at a piece of paper laying on the defense table at the end of day yesterday looking very angry at Nurmi. I was reading in this thread above that Juan has added people to his witness list 15 times. I am wondering if that is what she saw? An addition to the rebuttal witness list. Could it be MM? Just wondering. That would certainly cause the reaction as described IMO. Any thoughts?

Actually, it wasn't 15 witnesses ready for rebuttal - it was JM's 15th witness addendum - so he's added witnesses 15 times. No telling how many witnesses he has lined up.

THANK YOU for this clarification! At lunch we were making our fantasy list of who might be those 15. ;) I do wonder how many he has though.

The one we were most discussing was the possibility of Matt McCartney. Thoughts?

I saw on Dr. Drew that KatieDDJ said that she saw some jurors leaving this morning and they did not look happy - did anyone else see that too? I can't imagine how frustrated they must be at how long this is dragging out! It sounded like Paul R was sick this week and HE didn't call in sick. JS

KatieDDJ told me she'd seen one of them slam an exit door on his way out of the courthouse or something? I can imagine this does NOT make them happy.

KatieDDJ told me she'd seen one of them slam an exit door on his way out of the courthouse or something? I can imagine this does NOT make them happy.

I'm sure they are ready to get on with their lives. It would be so hard trying to avoid all tv and internet reports about the trial. Like TA's family, their lives are on hold and stress levels are high.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor