a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tomorrow alyce will be in juanderland! Hope her hippocampus does freak out on her.

LOL...I'm just going for pm session. I need to take the morning off but I'll be there in the afternoon and watching on the feed in the am!

Was my fawning that obvious?

LOL I sit at home nodding and high fiving the air and saying YES when I see her for those little soundbites on the shows and now we had her for an entire hour. I was in HEAVEN! :rocker:

I posted in the radio show thread, but have to say.....I'm listening to it for a 3rd time now......all 3 of you were fantastic!!! I would have been in heaven too! lol.

I have a a bit of a comment/question.....just a brief comment from Wendy Murphy regarding amount of money ALV is making off this trial. With a rough calculation just her appearance in the court room at $300/hr....she will receive close to $20,000 and more by the time she is finished testifying (based on two weeks and not including any accomodation/travel/per diems). However, I would love to see how many hours she spent consulting with Arias lawyers, etc etc....and she will have billed to them these past couple years at $250 an hour. Its safe to say from where I sit,,,I bet this woman has made well over $50,000 off this trial to date (and I'm being conservative)

I posted in the radio show thread, but have to say.....I'm listening to it for a 3rd time now......all 3 of you were fantastic!!! I would have been in heaven too! lol.

I have a a bit of a comment/question.....just a brief comment from Wendy Murphy regarding amount of money ALV is making off this trial. With a rough calculation just her appearance in the court room at $300/hr....she will receive close to $20,000 and more by the time she is finished testifying. However, I would love to see how many hours she spent consulting with Arias lawyers, etc etc....and she will have billed to them these past couple years at $250 an hour. Its safe to say from where I sit,,,I bet this woman has made well over $50,000 off this trial to date (and I'm being conservative)

That would make sense but that's not a fortune, not enough to retire on, not even a good year's salary. Seems she won't have much of a career after so...was it worth it?

Where's the radio show thread??

I felt like a kid who somehow snuck up to the adult's table and no one noticed.

You held your own and were very good too. :) Your questions and comments were right on the money.

Good job sista!

A question for Katie or PASA - Do you Ladies think maybe HW is taking more notes to "fill in the gap" from Tri getting kicked off? I wondered if maybe somebody would step in and be the "record keeper" now that she's gone. I hope so! I also wonder if you Ladies see the jury almost binding together more or becoming more of a unified front?

I don't know if this is possible to even see if this is happening, but both of you are so keyed in and intuitive about people. When Tri was let go, my hubby and I talked about it possibly misfiring on the DT and making them more protective and bonded. Probably the last thing the DT wants in this case. I think they want jurors to be split. They, the DT, can't possibly think or hope that all jurors will give her 2nd degree. It'll never happen, so I think they just want that one. Cohesion is bad in their eyes, but they might have just handed it to them by kicking 5 off.

BBM

I'm as puzzled by that as you are.

It seems as though Sandy has accepted that her daughter is going to spend the rest of her life in prison. I think she is relieved about that. It's not easy having a psychopath for a daughter. Sandy did mention that her relationship with Arias is the best it has ever been. I suspect she's pretty content focusing on having a decent relationship with Arias. I don't think she allows herself to feel any sympathy for Travis and family.

RE: Juan Martinez dealing with Alyce.

Juan knew exactly where he was going to start with Alyce in his cross-exam. He has had days and days of watching her. And I think he deliberately stayed on the Snow White story this past Thursday. He knew how much time he had. And he knew what he wanted the jury to ponder over the weekend.

Now, did someone write that Alyce says she has not been watching the trial? So she does not know what is coming from Juan Martinez in the remainder of her cross examination? Well, well, Alyce is going to have a surprise, isn't she?

Just based on her reaction to him in the short time he questioned her on Thursday, she was already beginning to stress out. Her asking him "Are you mad at me?" is a technique she has likely used in counseling many times. It did not work with Juan. I would imagine the next time she asks such a question Juan will educate her as to who gets to ask the questions.

Juan Martinez is an extremely experienced, successful, and high energy prosecutor in a high stakes case. He knows exactly what he is doing.

Alyce is basically rather poorly-educated for being an expert, which Juan oh-so-easily pointed out within about 5 minutes. She has held herself out as an expert to this court and presumably will be accepting that $300/hour for her testimony. (Higher that Doc Samuels, who at least had the degrees. Betcha he's mad!)

I fully expect Juan Martinez to cross-examine Alyce with the same vigor that he has questioned every other Defense witness. And his questioning, his energy, his style, won't be anything new to that jury or to us, will it?

Thanks sweetie. My brother is still pretty iffy but he may come home tomorrow or the next day. I think at this point the hospital itself is making him loony (for lack of a better word). Meeting w/ the Dr. and Social Worker tomorrow so.......we'll see. It's been a rough month (nearly) for all of us.

Thanks for your nice words. :)

I've had a friend spend some time in hospital for similar reasons. That is what I said when I visited. You could take the sanest person, leave him/there for a while and expect some major mental and emotional turmoil. Very hard place to be in.

Prayers for your dear brother...

That would make sense but that's not a fortune, not enough to retire on, not even a good year's salary. Seems she won't have much of a career after so...was it worth it?
Well I was thinking, she's 65 years old and retirement must be on her brain $20g for 2 weeks is a good paycheck lol)
Where's the radio show thread??

Katie, here is the link (LOL I was the lone poster there, I guess because everyone is posting kudos in these other threads)
Tricia's True Crime Radio/Wendy Murphy/Levi/KatieCoolady Sunday April 7 2013 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

A question for Katie or PASA - Do you Ladies think maybe HW is taking more notes to "fill in the gap" from Tri getting kicked off? I wondered if maybe somebody would step in and be the "record keeper" now that she's gone. I hope so! I also wonder if you Ladies see the jury almost binding together more or becoming more of a unified front?

I don't know if this is possible to even see if this is happening, but both of you are so keyed in and intuitive about people. When Tri was let go, my hubby and I talked about it possibly misfiring on the DT and making them more protective and bonded. Probably the last thing the DT wants in this case. I think they want jurors to be split. They, the DT, can't possibly think or hope that all jurors will give her 2nd degree. It'll never happen, so I think they just want that one. Cohesion is bad in their eyes, but they might have just handed it to them by kicking 5 off.

I don't know how the jury interacts when they are out of the courtroom. Inside the courtroom I've seen Maureen and Ponytail chit-chat and laugh.
I've not seen any of the other jurors interact with each other that I can recall. They file in, and out. Looking ahead or down. Rarely looking at the gallery, and never at ja as they leave or enter.
Those are just the days I've been there.

I think HW has always taken notes. Some days more than others depending on who's on the stand and if Juan is doing the questioning.

The DT would love a split jury, but I don't see it. Even if they aren't buddy-buddy with one another they don't believe the self-defense BS story the defense is shoving down their throats.

2nd degree murder is not an option at this point. It's either self-defense or murder 1. ja and her attorney LKN sent an offer for a plea to 2nd degree. It was also said if the prosecution didn't agree to it that Travis would be dragged through the mud... so to speak. The prosecution rejected it.
There was a link to it somewhere here on WS.
Found it:
http://grahamwinch.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/jodiariasngfile.pdf

Here is what I wrote in my notes when it happened.

Sorry, I didn't see any juror reaction. I was writing and was shocked when she said it.

JW says "let's just get this out of the way, do you have a memory problem". OMG! That is low and tacky. Snickers from the gallery at JW not at Juan. IMO the gallery was not impressed with JW's so called joke aka verbal abuse of Juan.

Thanks for your answer PASA. I think that the general reaction would be telling. I wish you could have seen the jurors! I thought it was a supremely condescending "low blow" on the DA's part.

moo

RE: Juan Martinez dealing with Alyce.

Juan knew exactly where he was going to start with Alyce in his cross-exam. He has had days and days of watching her. And I think he deliberately stayed on the Snow White story this past Thursday. He knew how much time he had. And he knew what he wanted the jury to ponder over the weekend.

Now, did someone write that Alyce says she has not been watching the trial? So she does not know what is coming from Juan Martinez in the remainder of her cross examination? Well, well, Alyce is going to have a surprise, isn't she?

Just based on her reaction to him in the short time he questioned her on Thursday, she was already beginning to stress out. Her asking him "Are you mad at me?" is a technique she has likely used in counseling many times. It did not work with Juan. I would imagine the next time she asks such a question Juan will educate her as to who gets to ask the questions.

Juan Martinez is an extremely experienced, successful, and high energy prosecutor in a high stakes case. He knows exactly what he is doing.

Alyce is basically rather poorly-educated for being an expert, which Juan oh-so-easily pointed out within about 5 minutes. She has held herself out as an expert to this court and presumably will be accepting that $300/hour for her testimony. (Higher that Doc Samuels, who at least had the degrees. Betcha he's mad!)

I fully expect Juan Martinez to cross-examine Alyce with the same vigor that he has questioned every other Defense witness. And his questioning, his energy, his style, won't be anything new to that jury or to us, will it?

She said on the stand that she has not been privy to the trial testimony HOWEVER that conflicts with a couple of slip ups she made on the stand. For example, one time she said " In her testimony...I mean....she reported that..."

So I have no doubt that she has been watching the trial, at least parts of it.

And I bet that she is sitting home this weekend frantically watching the cross examination of Doc Samuels too....:panic: :panic: :panic:

O. M. G. Listening to the radio show tonight with KCL, Wendy Murphy & Levi Page ~ SO good!

Wendy Murphy sits on the board of a FOUNDATION that RAISES $ for TRANSPORTATION COSTS for victims' families?? That made me holler out LOUD!! YES!!!

How wonderful is that??? I pray God uses this to bless the Alexander family in very practical ways...I couldn't believe my ears when she said that.. :)

I wonder what "Cancun PPL" refers to. Did Jodi make some concrete plans, VIA PPL, to attend any Cancun events? Did she make her own, separate plans in (order to stalk and possibly harm Travis and/or Mimi or just wreck their vacation)?

I am SO looking forward to rebuttal!

Hmmm. Yes, remember the credit to her bank account for airfare, after she murdered him... sunscreen from Walmart...

KCL or Pasa :) Did either of you notice the reaction of the juror's to ALV's 'are you mad at me Mr Martinez' comment? When her support group roared loudly?

Thank you!!!!

Was my fawning that obvious?

LOL I sit at home nodding and high fiving the air and saying YES when I see her for those little soundbites on the shows and now we had her for an entire hour. I was in HEAVEN! :rocker:

There is your calling, you were great. It was a great show tonight, I love Wendy. For years, she reminds me of Lucie Arnez, even her voice. Wendy mentioned about Jodi's amnesia that during interrogation, she remembered the knife (with the ninjas). Well Jodi also told Det. Florez that "Travis was screaming", "he was on all 4's", and he could not feel his legs. Jodi also remembered that Travis was "still on the floor", he was "bleeding everywhere", "was not moving a lot, but was still breathing". All this tells she remembers and does not have amnesia. I hope Juan can still get to jurors to look again at the interrogation videos of her telling all of this.

I wish your brother the best, I wish there was something I could do.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member