a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't have accepted the card!!! There is no innocent reason this woman could have anything to say to the victim's family. Especially right there in the courtroom. IMO this was an ambush. She took advantage of the opportunity to swoop down on one she singled out.

Even if it was legal it was certainly tasteless and heartless. I'm pissed about it. :furious:

I don't know where the business card thing came from...I didn't see that.

Great show KCL as always, I got a kick at how you really LOVE Wendy like a fan at a rock concert.

Tricia - just does this right and I mean she is consistent every week. I was new and I didn't know any better and just dove right in. I am so glad I did and I encourage ALL here on WS, to listen to her show every Sunday.

Was my fawning that obvious?

LOL I sit at home nodding and high fiving the air and saying YES when I see her for those little soundbites on the shows and now we had her for an entire hour. I was in HEAVEN! :rocker:

BBM

I'm as puzzled by that as you are.

Madeline & PASA.....I've thought the same throughout the duration of this trial. What helped me was to watch the interrogation interview of the mom where she was crying and finding it so hard to believe her own child would commit such a horrific crime.

The following story is what has actually helped me rationalize the mom's laughs or smiles.
My dad died in 1981 at 58 years old. In my faith at that time a funeral would last for 2 days, so there were long nights sitting next to the coffin. My mom and dad loved each other beyond and more, he died of muscular dystrophy. Their relationship was one I have and always will admire. At one point through this long process it was late into the night (family and others could sit at the coffin thru the night), my mom's best friend was sitting with her, and they were talking of some memories with my dad, and my mom smiled and chuckled at something her friend said. Not long after an immediate relative of my mom's walked up to her and said "You shouldn't be chuckling or smiling - you are supposed to be crying". My mom responded to the relative "You know I love my husband and he loved me, you also know that I was his caregiver and with him until he drew his last breath -- What you DON'T realize, is the thousands of hours I cried knowing he was going to die - over the past 10 years. All those nights, by myself, when no one else was around. Now I sit here preparing to see him buried, and I will continue to cry and miss him for years and years when others are no longer around to see my grief.

So......in the context of Arias' mother - at first it would bother me to see her laugh at something whispered to her that NONE OF US know is being said. I look at this mother and as a mother myself I wonder where she pulls the strength to sit in a courtroom day after day, knowing her daughter hates her for no reason, knowing right now the 'world' hates this person she gave birth to and sitting in a courtroom knowing 'that child is my daughter'. Not only did Jodi Arias destroy her own world, she destroyed the world of all her immediate family forever! Perhaps that is why her sister has been there, because she knows her twin - and at times when the rough gets rougher, there is sometime said to Mrs. Arias to make her smile. How Many Smiles has this mother had since June 4, 2008? The shame, the humiliation, the embarassment, the horror - is no doubt incomprehensible. So, I try to remind myself - that none of us know what Mrs. Arias goes through when the cameras are off.

(sorry this is long)

BBM

She most certainly does, and I'll join you in calling BS. For cryin' out loud, she mentioned several times that her Snow White opus is on . . . youtube!

That's what's called FAIL, Alyce. Get used to it.

So happy (understatement!) to hear there's a good chance video of the ALV boundary busting incident with Samantha can be found!

I suppose it can be considered one of my many character flaws, but I have always relished a righteous take-down of someone who so richly deserves it. I love watching masks ripped off, frauds exposed. This <unusual person> has triggered me bad and I am positively giddy in anticipation of Monday. Thursday was just the warm-up.

Know this, Alyce: The Man, he is coming. The Man is coming, for YOU

BBM: ** gasp ** :what: are you clairvoyant??? :waitasec: we must be clones or twins or somefin'!!! :yesss:

Ok I just taped this off my tv with my iphone and let's see if it works here. ;)

Katiecoolady abc15 - YouTube

Thank you, Katy, for all you do and who you are. :) Loved watching your interview and imagine many people are now coming forward because of your dedication and caring.

Thank you too, for all your notes. I too feel like I'm there. You have a "Juanderful" way of putting zingers out there like Mr. Martinez - Her hands are the size of her head. (paraphrasing)

Hope your brother is doing good and you are getting some well deserved good days.

Thanks! I'm impatiently waiting for tomorrow. I'm sure I'll have some ?'s or comments then. Cant wait to see JM tear ol' ALV to pieces!
Just got done reading Wendy Murphy's take on the case, very good read, think she is right on the money. http://wendymurphylaw.com/jodi-arias-trial/
Thanks again for keeping all of us informed, really do appreciate you guys! :great: Goodnight all & looking forward to tomorrow.

Excellent article by Wendy:great:

Thank you, Katy, for all you do and who you are. :) Loved watching your interview and imagine many people are now coming forward because of your dedication and caring.

Thank you too, for all your notes. I too feel like I'm there. You have a "Juanderful" way of putting zingers out there like Mr. Martinez - Her hands are the size of her head. (paraphrasing)

Hope your brother is doing good and you are getting some well deserved good days.

Thanks sweetie. My brother is still pretty iffy but he may come home tomorrow or the next day. I think at this point the hospital itself is making him loony (for lack of a better word). Meeting w/ the Dr. and Social Worker tomorrow so.......we'll see. It's been a rough month (nearly) for all of us.

Thanks for your nice words. :)

KCL/Pasa - Do you remember the general courtroom reaction when JW did the whole "well we might as well get this over with"... bit? How did the courtroom react? Did you see any juror reactions?

It was so juvenile and silly; obvious in it's intent to rile JM just before handing over the baton...

Here is what I wrote in my notes when it happened.

Sorry, I didn't see any juror reaction. I was writing and was shocked when she said it.

JW says "let's just get this out of the way, do you have a memory problem". OMG! That is low and tacky. Snickers from the gallery at JW not at Juan. IMO the gallery was not impressed with JW's so called joke aka verbal abuse of Juan.

From Wendy's article:

The only hope for the victim’s family, and the only way our legal system retains a speck of legitimacy after this circus of a trial is over, is that the men on the jury will become so disgusted by Arias’ relentless lies and icy-cold demeanor on the stand, they won’t be swayed by tingly feelings in their underpants, but will be guided instead by logic in their brains, and by feelings of anger toward Arias for her sexualized attempts to manipulate them into sparing her life, just as she used sexualized attempts to manipulate Travis Alexander into marriage.

This is exactly how my husband feels.

I don't know where the business card thing came from...I didn't see that.

I think it was a joke, someone posted about a business card. It may have been mistaken as fact.

There was no business card to my knowledge.

HTH

Thanks sweetie. My brother is still pretty iffy but he may come home tomorrow or the next day. I think at this point the hospital itself is making him loony (for lack of a better word). Meeting w/ the Dr. and Social Worker tomorrow so.......we'll see. It's been a rough month (nearly) for all of us.

Thanks for your nice words. :)

I think he will be much better off at home; you are right,the hospital is upsetting and he needs his sis.

I think he will be much better off at home; you are right,the hospital is upsetting and he needs his sis.

Thanks Jenni. He will go in to an outpatient program but just being in his own bed, his own shower, his cats, his kitchen...no regimented meal/smoking breaks --all of that will be therapeutic.

He was really really cranky tonite and I don't blame him one bit.

Some things need to stay private. I totally respect and understand what you're saying.

I like that about you katie! You respect people's space and choose your words very carefully. I'm sure that is why you are respected and easy to To
Talk to. I enjoy courtroom reports from you and pasa.

Tomorrow alyce will be in juanderland! Hope her hippocampus does freak out on her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro