a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It worries me that she is also bored when Juan is up though. Sounds hard to read :(

I think she's made up her mind, and tired of sitting there. She was more attentive once Juan took over.

If I had to worry about any of them it may be her.

Sorry if this has come up before. I would like to know who the woman is who is talking to Juror#5 after everyone had left. She is kneeling beside her and they r talking to each other I think while the judge is still there. I saw her (the kneeling woman) come back from the DT's table area, I think. Also, why didn't the judge who was still in the chamber not have the bailiff say "Please clear the courtroom." ?

And someone here posted the arm and hand of someone passing #5 a note, who was that?

Didn't he deny he was supplying anything for the arias family? However, he didn't deny $ for the photo rights did he? I feel that dr. Phil is just one more person that swoops in for personal gain whenever he can.:twocents:

:wagon: :welcome:

Does anyone know what sort of drug they give defendants in the court room, to keep them calm yet alert? It amazes me a lil that people don't shut their eyes for a rest, more.

Had a hard time sleeping last night so logged onto WS in the wee hrs scrolling thru various threads.

Do remember comments were made re: ALV approaching Samantha in the courtroom on Thurs but apparently this (wasn't captured on tape?)

Does anyone know if there's been a follow-up?

She bites her nails, picks at her cuticles and looks at them a lot. I've gotten lazy and type manicuring for all of the above. LOL! :)

She does twist the hang-down side bangs, but not as much as the fingernails. I haven't seen her do any other kind of "grooming" in the jury box.

If I had to guess I'd say she is bored and fidgeting. MOO :)

very very very interesting... thx. ;-) more on that later. Teri Osheri,,, her and Will were the BEST!! I know all their cheerleader skits by heart HA!

OH, sorry I missed that....kinda sorry I know now what she said...good grief...NOT PERSONAL ? Did she follow up with...It's about the money, honey ??:great:

... And then gave Sam her business card???

:thud:

J/K.... But... Jeez!

Does anyone else think it's odd that Jodi now has two stories of "concerned people" coming into a restaurant that she's working in to tell her that the men she's dating are cheating on her? (Matt and Travis) What are the odds of that happening to anyone, especially someone who has "supposedly" worked at the number of places (some fictional) as she has.

Is this supposed restaurant by any chance called "The Computer Hacker's Cafe"?

:waitasec:

very very very interesting... thx. ;-) more on that later. Teri Osheri,,, her and Will were the BEST!! I know all their cheerleader skits by heart HA!

Cheri Oteri :-D

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

I think she's made up her mind, and tired of sitting there. She was more attentive once Juan took over.

If I had to worry about any of them it may be her.

Likewise Pasa, the reason I say this is only from courtroom observers all characterizing her as Manicuring, its been going on for quite a while, but I do know that if excessive it is a form of OCD which can be a trigger to self mutilation, low self esteem and diminished confidence so if anyone at all is relating this BS from AVL it may be her..

I'm really curious about the computer forensics expert lined up for rebuttal. I thought at first that it would be someone who could rebut that no *advertiser censored*/pics/virus was found on Travis' computer, but they already had someone to do that in the CIC, IIRC. And the lie is not that the child *advertiser censored* was on the computer now anyway. So, I'm wondering what else they might have found or if they were somehow able to recover something from Jodi's smashed hard drive. It will be interesting. This rebuttal case may seal the deal.

PASA, thankyou so much for your notes. I love reading them. Your sweetness of soul shines through every word. Oh yeah, I think it is adorable the way KCL calls you a peanut.

It really bothers me that the THs, with all their Juan bashing, has not commented at all on the DT's unprofessionalism. JW's unprofessionalism these last couple weeks has been palpable. I am not a lawyer and have not watched many trials, but the way she behaves is amazing to me. I have never seen anything like it. And they are clearly instructing their witnesses to be combative with Juan, even their experts! What a mistake that is! Why aren't they being criticized for this? HLN seems to dislike Juan so much that nothing else bothers them.

Someone mentioned the Scott Falater case on the other thread, which Martinez prosecuted, so I decided to learn more and read about. Seems all this is nothing new for Martinez. From this article:

http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/1999-07-01/news/wake-up-call/

"And she can't come in and testify, can she?" Martinez snapped at him.
Despite his tendency to go overboard with several defense witnesses in this trial--for example, he verbally attacked a clergyman who testified on Falater's behalf for wearing a clerical collar to trial--Martinez was sound technically, fast on his feet and, with inexplicable exceptions, on his game.

...Martinez is almost a foot shorter than Kimerer, and still looks like the distance runner he used to be in the high desert of rural Victorville, California. His high-pitched voice grates at times, and he has a short fuse with adverse witnesses. But he does seem to earn the grudging respect of juries."

It was interesting reading how Martinez was able to get a seemingly unlikely first degree conviction. He was been the same way he is now since probably the beginning and rarely loses. It is becoming comical now watching these less experienced attorneys night in and night out trying to tell him what to do. I know they are being forced to say that for ratings (though Eiglarsh seems genuine in his criticisms), but still. Let the man do his thing.

I don't pay much attention to the THs most are defense attorneys. :)

If you want more on the Scott Falater case:

Scott Falater sleepwalking defense.mp4 - YouTube

Here's another Juan prosecuted: (Doug Grant)

Dateline: Fatal Visions Part 1/12 - YouTube

and Bryan Sterwart (Juan again.. do you have problems with your memory, love it)

Extra: Bryan Stewart cross-examined - 48 Hours - CBS News

entire episode on Bryan Stewart case

The Stranger Beside Me - 48 Hours - CBS News

Yeah, I went back and read KCL's notes and noticed he was doing that the whole time and got. He seemed more impatient with ALV than anything else. I think by now the jury realizes these experts are just hired guns when they think back to RS, especially. Thanks for answering.

Sorry, JC was just curious. I get a little carried away with the abbreviations sometimes. :P

Ohhh ok.. No worries. I was going through the jurors in my head and couldn't come up with JC. :) Kept thinking I was missing one. LOL!

Likewise Pasa, the reason I say this is only from courtroom observers all characterizing her as Manicuring, its been going on for quite a while, but I do know that if excessive it is a form of OCD which can be a trigger to self mutilation, low self esteem and diminished confidence so if anyone at all is relating this BS from AVL it may be her..

I never thought of her as OCD. She tends to do it off and on. More lately. I think she is bored. She also chats and giggles with Maureen who sits next to her. I will pay more attention to her in the future.

PASA, thankyou so much for your notes. I love reading them. Your sweetness of soul shines through every word. Oh yeah, I think it is adorable the way KCL calls you a peanut.

I LOL when she wrote I was a peanut. I friend used to call me that years ago.

Had a hard time sleeping last night so logged onto WS in the wee hrs scrolling thru various threads.

Do remember comments were made re: ALV approaching Samantha in the courtroom on Thurs but apparently this (wasn't captured on tape?)

Does anyone know if there's been a follow-up?

It was caught on camera. Several people here on WS saw it. It was edited out of the YouTube dailies.

Does anyone know what sort of drug they give defendants in the court room, to keep them calm yet alert? It amazes me a lil that people don't shut their eyes for a rest, more.

I would guess ativan if something was to be given. There have been situations where people nodded off. I think Anita Richman was there when a guy fell asleep in the gallery.

I know she said "Its not personal" to TAs' sister.

IT'S NOT PERSONAL? If that's what she said then she's sicker than Jodi which says a helluva lot. I'm SO sick of the current phrases like " this isn't about you" and " it's nothing personal " what a cop out for taking responsibility for attacking someone, then wanting to step away from ownership of it.

Just wanted to say I am green with envy for you whom are going to the trial, I think something explosive ( no I am not talking about ALV's Diarrhea ) is going to happen this week! You will get to personally witness it....... also any over/under bets yet on Nurmi filing a mistrial motion by 9:00 am tomorrow?

I'm really curious about the computer forensics expert lined up for rebuttal. I thought at first that it would be someone who could rebut that no *advertiser censored*/pics/virus was found on Travis' computer, but they already had someone to do that in the CIC, IIRC. And the lie is not that the child *advertiser censored* was on the computer now anyway. So, I'm wondering what else they might have found or if they were somehow able to recover something from Jodi's smashed hard drive. It will be interesting. This rebuttal case may seal the deal.

The rebuttal witnesses? I'm hoping Matt McCartney bcuz Juan has made a point to say to Jodi on cross " now he's loyal to you right? You said he would never betray you right?" So I'm thinking he's got him lined up to spill something else why say that to Jodi during cross?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vetiversailles