a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing has been stated publicly to date. It sure was an over the top act on Alyce's part :banghead:

She probably did it to bolster the accusation of Prosecutorial Misconduct since they keep whining about JM being mean and yelling at the defense witnesses.

"I'm just a quiet, soft-spoken little old lady, and look how he treats me! He oughta be ashamed of himself! Do you kiss your mother with that mouth, Jaun M. Martinez?! Go stand in the corner right this minute and don't come back until you can behave yourself!"

Yeah, I'm sure the judge fell for THAT ploy.

Also, to those in the courtroom, AL looked tired on the stand on TV... Does she appeared tired in the courtroom?

Thank you.
ALV looked quite tired today...I realized today when I saw a look on her face that she is quite out of touch and maybe JA has manipulated her as well. She has a very gentle approach and I am sorry she is being difficult because it is her reputation that is on the line here, I see ALV as quite esoteric in her beliefs and I see why "The Secret", impressed her, but not in the way Jody has studied it and lied yet again as the reason she did not put her "so called abuse" in her journals. Because there was NO ABUSE. I really want ALV to see this clearly. As a victim of a violent crime I hope she does better. Thanks, Debra

I am still FLOORED that ALV wanted to put JM in a time out, who does she think she is? And I am even more surprised at the Judge's response. I thought she would at least tell her not to have an outburst like that again.

Did the jurors jaw's fall open?

Mine certainly did as I thought only Nursie, Beach and the mods could do that, and they would neeeeeeever do that to our Juan!:great:

In addition to Alyce looking tired today, as someone mentioned, I noticed that the corners of her mouth turned down more and more as the day went on. Sparring is not her cup of tea. Perhaps she is too old-fashioned.

No I think she likes sparring.....but I think she also likes to come out on top. Oops. You know what I mean.... :blushing:

IMO she is losing and she knows it.

I kinda dig alvs glasses. I wouldn't wear them personally but they got character

I'm so happy to hear your brother is back home with his kitty! This must be so much off your mind. I just know he will be so much better than he was to be among his familiar surroundings. It's so good that he has such a wonderful sister.

I hope you had a long and resting sleep. While I love your notes, your well-being and that of your dear brother is so much more important.

I'm patient, I can wait. There are so many other things that can't!

I'm so happy to hear your brother is back home with his kitty! This must be so much off your mind. I just know he will be so much better than he was to be among his familiar surroundings. It's so good that he has such a wonderful sister.

I hope you had a long and resting sleep. While I love your notes, your well-being and that of your dear brother is so much more important.

I'm patient, I can wait. There are so many other things that can't!

MTE!
Hope you have/had a great sleep Katie. Love to you and your Dear Brother!
xo

Good Morning Websleuthers! I am new to the forum but have been following all aspects of this case. I just wanted to express my views on JM. I find him to be absolutely BRILLIANT! In regards to Laviolette.. I found an important point that JM made during this cross was that if she rendered an opinion in a first degree murderer case, supporting the defendant was a victim of domestic violence, she knew she would be questioned about it. So lets put on our big girl pants, and if you are firm in your assessment, then answer the questions.

Martinez dismantled this theory, piece by piece, methodically, yesterday and is not even finished yet. I note he is able to do this all without a note in front of him, as he has studied this case front to back and back again. So perhaps his "tone " that is often criticized, comes from a place where he expects these witnesses to be as equally prepared and expects the seriousness of these charges to resonate with them as well. JM is fighting for Travis, and is his voice, and I hope his "tone " resonates loud and clear with this jury, screaming that Jodi Arias planned Travis 's murder, brutally murdered him, did everything in her power to avoid responsibility, now caught, and defamed this man in unspeakable ways in an effort to save her own skin!

JUSTICE FOR TRAVIS AND THE ALEXANDER FAMILY! I pray for all envolved each day, and bless all of you who like JM will accept nothing less than complete justice in this case.

ALV looked quite tired today...I realized today when I saw a look on her face that she is quite out of touch and maybe JA has manipulated her as well. She has a very gentle approach and I am sorry she is being difficult because it is her reputation that is on the line here, I see ALV as quite esoteric in her beliefs and I see why "The Secret", impressed her, but not in the way Jody has studied it and lied yet again as the reason she did not put her "so called abuse" in her journals. Because there was NO ABUSE. I really want ALV to see this clearly. As a victim of a violent crime I hope she does better. Thanks, Debra

She is appalling, her behavior in court is completely disrespectful, and I suspect that what we're seeing on the stand under cross is much as we'd see from her whenever her beliefs are confronted. She is not only ridiculously obstinate with Juan, but also the Judge.

Many times yesterday I watched her set her jaw, raise the power of her voice and flat out ignore admonitions by both Juan and the Judge to answer "yes or no". She talked over both of them. Repeatedly. Words were being said to her she was determined not to obey, and she stuck to her guns. She even turned her head away from the Judge when told by her to answer "yes or no", didn't acknowledge her words at all, and if she did stop talking as the judge spoke then did the next words out of her mouth were anything BUT "yes or no". So disrespectful.

Since that behavior comes so easily to her, and she exhibits no bashfulness or shame for her actions in court (the smugness on her face with the "time out"!), I suspect it is her "go to" reaction whenever she is genuinely confronted and has been that way for years on end, perhaps even down to early childhood. A firmly embedded, long practiced confrontational style.

She strikes me as anything but gentle when push comes to shove. We are seeing the real ALV under cross.

I hope two things. That her behavior strikes others in the court in the same way, and that the defense team listens only to people who agree with their point of view (ie: look at mean angry Juan being mean and angry to this grandma).

In addition to Alyce looking tired today, as someone mentioned, I noticed that the corners of her mouth turned down more and more as the day went on. Sparring is not her cup of tea. Perhaps she is too old-fashioned.

I am not sure how many times she has ever been cross examined in court prior to this case. I am also not sure how many times she has testified as an expert in domestic violence in a criminal court case. Nevermind a death penalty case.

I've seen her YouTube videos and ALV is not the same person. I think it is because at her conferences she is in her element with her peers and friends and nobody has been critical of her because she was preaching to the converted.

Having said that, this case did not pop up overnight and ALV has met with Juan prior to last week. I am not sure where her mind is if she thinks that being argumentative and rude on the stand is helping anybody. I have never seen an expert hired for the defence sink a defendant like this. Sometimes I think she got in over her head and is too stubborn to get out or there really is something very off with her critical thinking skills and her reality.

I should ask this in the legal questions thread, but would it be better or worse if the DT decided to pull the plug on ALV and send her packing and tell the jury she is ill and will not return. Thoughts?

I am shocked at the lack of professionalism this witness displays. Part of an expert witness reparte is hypothetical situations. They all get them. They answer and then explain on re-cross. This witness seems to not understand the concept of hypothetical. I'm sure she does, and is evading, but she comes off as dense and stupid.

So happy that Alphonse is back home with his family and kitteh. Nothing like home and family.

Good Morning Websleuthers! I am new to the forum but have been following all aspects of this case. I just wanted to express my views on JM. I find him to be absolutely BRILLIANT! In regards to Laviolette.. I found an important point that JM made during this cross was that if she rendered an opinion in a first degree murderer case, supporting the defendant was a victim of domestic violence, she knew she would be questioned about it. So lets put on our big girl pants, and if you are firm in your assessment, then answer the questions.

Martinez dismantled this theory, piece by piece, methodically, yesterday and is not even finished yet. I note he is able to do this all without a note in front of him, as he has studied this case front to back and back again. So perhaps his "tone " that is often criticized, comes from a place where he expects these witnesses to be as equally prepared and expects the seriousness of these charges to resonate with them as well. JM is fighting for Travis, and is his voice, and I hope his "tone " resonates loud and clear with this jury, screaming that Jodi Arias planned Travis 's murder, brutally murdered him, did everything in her power to avoid responsibility, now caught, and defamed this man in unspeakable ways in an effort to save her own skin!

JUSTICE FOR TRAVIS AND THE ALEXANDER FAMILY! I pray for all envolved each day, and bless all of you who like JM will accept nothing less than complete justice in this case.

Great post! I heartily agree. :yourock::Welcome1::welcome:

:welcome4: and great first post. Look forward to more.

She reminds me of John Couey (murdered Jessica Lunsford in FL) coloring at the table during HIS trial. He got the death penalty. I doubt he's coloring now, because the crayons would melt where HE is.

Yes!

That's who she reminded me of -- John Couey as he sat at the defense table coloring and pretending to be the Village Idiot. Now we get to observe an artistic little Einstein!

moo

Good morning all. Can someone give me an estimate to when ALV told JM she'd put him in a timeout? I missed it yesterday and would love to see it. Thanks.

Excellent post.. and thank you!

Good Morning All.........yawwwwn....stretch............just waking up after a deep sleep. Thanks for all the love for my dear sweet brother. I just cringe thinking all he went through over the last month and survived it. He's just the strongest person I know right now.

I'm gonna get myself awake here and start posting my notes around 7am AZ time. Just know that this jury IS with Juan Martinez, this witness is NOT impressing them imo, her credibility is being shredded just like $amuels' AND I was thanked over and over yesterday for appearing on Dr. Drew and exposing that scenario of her disrespectful and self serving behavior by approaching Samantha.

With knowing everything I know now I think at best, she was trying to alleviate her own conscience for knowing what's she's doing is shameful and hurtful (even to herself) and at worst I think she consciously disregarded the impact of that kind of approach on her and thought it would somehow make her look more magnanimous by reaching out in that way. And that she knew people were watching and cameras were in the courtroom. Well, if the latter is the case, which I think it lies somewhere in between those two, I have two words for her: BACK and FIRED.

I also got tweeted a "kudos" by Dr. Cheryl Arutt yesterday for informing the family of their rights.

AND i got to sit with Det. Flores adorable daughter in court!

Ok...lemme find some hot coffee (with cream) and I'll dig out my notebook and start transcribing.

Good Morning! It's a great day in the katiecoolady family! :seeya:

I am not sure how many times she has ever been cross examined in court prior to this case. I am also not sure how many times she has testified as an expert in domestic violence in a criminal court case. Nevermind a death penalty case.

I've seen her YouTube videos and ALV is not the same person. I think it is because at her conferences she is in her element with her peers and friends and nobody has been critical of her because she was preaching to the converted.

Having said that, this case did not pop up overnight and ALV has met with Juan prior to last week. I am not sure where her mind is if she thinks that being argumentative and rude on the stand is helping anybody. I have never seen an expert hired for the defence sink a defendant like this. Sometimes I think she got in over her head and is too stubborn to get out or there really is something very off with her critical thinking skills and her reality.

I should ask this in the legal questions thread, but would it be better or worse if the DT decided to pull the plug on ALV and send her packing and tell the jury she is ill and will not return. Thoughts?

She had trouble yesterday (or the day before?) identifying just how many times she's testified in criminal trials. Which I found strange as a. she admitted it was around 10 and b. she KNEW she'd be asked this very basic question in court. I think I'd know exactly how many criminal trials I'd testified in if I could count them on both hands, which by the way she did. Held up her hands to count them. It was bizarre.

Once again, on her OWN record she comes across not wanting to answer the question directly, not having the exact information literally at her fingertips in this case and evasive cat and mouse game with "the Prosecutor".

I'd say the theme that sums up her entire cross is this:

"Just because you ask me, doesn't mean I have to answer"

Blah, actually you DO Ms LaViolette. YOU are not in control of this house here and now, Mr. Martinez and the Judge is. You'd be smart to step off your high horse and in to some humility today.

But I'm thinking it's too late. Your technique has backfired, you've lost this jury and your reputation in the process.

Was it worth it? Seriously was this WORTH IT TO YOU? For God's sake!

Mamapena,

Great first post and WELCOME!

:welcome6:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads