a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
hoping to get another supposed clandestine photo, thus proving stalking claim. i smell secondary gain.

My thoughts exactly..she supposedly goes in to the ER this weekend w/ anxiety over this stress she's feeling and instead of getting chinese takeout, going to her hotel, bringing her to your house, ordering a pizza, finding a small hole in the wall restaurant near your house, making her a peanut butter sandwich, they choose to walk directly in to the hornet's nest. This was deliberate and I think this DT is setting up all kinds of circumstances to go for a mistrial.

Which is why I won't answer any questions anymore about anything that doesn't involve my direct courtroom observations.

I think there will be another mistrial motion filed over the weekend - Sunday, probably, they like that day - alleging ALV was intimidated both in and out of court and that it caused her to be ineffective in her responses. Just guessing but if that's the case, she'll have to be there so the judge can rule on it (denied!).

It is my opinion and observation that this Judge is completely over it when it comes to her shenanigans and utter BS.

My hunch on Alv is that they might impeach her credentials or some of her testimony, since the Judge said after it is looked into. Although Juan has already pretty much impeached her. The Jury questions show that.
You could tell the DT wanted this to be her last day and for the Court to bring her back I think it must be serious. JMO

Question: are the gallery seats single seats with arms or are they bench style? From the feed they look like single seats.

KCL, I am one of the guilty ones that ask you to send messages and I am so so sorry. I think you have put your heart and soul into helping this sweet family get through this horrible experience and you are loved by many for who you are and what you do.

PASA, hoping your loved one is going to recover quickly.

Sending positve energy to you two.

Loved seeing Katie Wick in the gallery today. She is a doll baby!

Well whatever was going on with her, it didn't affect her ability to testify on behalf of Jodi. She was obviously not intimidated enough to back off her assertions. So yeah should be denied.

Can anyone explain why Juror 11 was excused due to illness. First of all, court was almost over for the day and they don't even usually have court on Fridays. By Monday, most likely, the juror would be able to continue on. I just don't get that they postpone court due to JA and ALV being ill, but can't adjourn 1/2 early today for a juror. Not only has he invested months in this case, they also had to pay him a token amount to be there. It absoutely makes no sense to me that he was shown no consideration.

I noticed he was horribly coughing this week . But still showing up for court unlike Arias with her fauxgraine and ALV with her *whatever*.

My heart goes out to Poquito Mas. Hope you meet you one day. :seeya:

Me, too and if you do meet him, let him know I wanted him foreman and was impressed. : )

OT kinda, I had to check myself yesterday. Somehow I got a flipping virus on my puter and it crashed. So, I brought it to the repair shop to be fixed, on my way home I went and bought a laptop because I didn't want to miss the trial. Now, this would've never happened if the trial wasn't going on. I would have just waited, ah well I needed a laptop anyway. But, cripes I got the trial bug, my cure will be when the verdict is read.

Can anyone explain why Juror 11 was excused due to illness. First of all, court was almost over for the day and they don't even usually have court on Fridays. By Monday, most likely, the juror would be able to continue on. I just don't get that they postpone court due to JA and ALV being ill, but can't adjourn 1/2 early today for a juror. Not only has he invested months in this case, they also had to pay him a token amount to be there. It absoutely makes no sense to me that he was shown no consideration.

Maybe he requested to be excused. Maybe it's a long term illness for which he needs treatment. Maybe he just needs to take care of himself. I don't think they'd excuses him over this unless he implied he needed to be excused.

I agree KCL regarding restaurant pictures...if you do NOT want to be seen you eat in your office and discuss the case out of everybody's ears....obviously willmot or nurmi has an office and that is where you go. It was always done this way with witnesses when i was in the workforce. I have a feeling ms. Alyce is in BIG trouble - and do not want to start rumors so will not say what i think it is. I just think that due to the circumstances, maybe Alyce should donate some (most) of her fee to the Alexander family.

I agree KCL regarding restaurant pictures...if you do NOT want to be seen you eat in your office and discuss the case out of everybody's ears....obviously willmot or nurmi has an office and that is where you go. It was always done this way with witnesses when i was in the workforce. I have a feeling ms. Alyce is in BIG trouble - and do not want to start rumors so will not say what i think it is. I just think that due to the circumstances, maybe Alyce should donate some (most) of her fee to the Alexander family.

I think she needs to hang on to every dime she made in this trial because her income earning potential following this disaster has put her on a level of basically "you'll be lucky if anyone takes you as a volunteer now". Sad she chose to take her lifelong career out on this note. Just sad. Some serious karma there of some kind.

But it'd be nice if she donated to the Alexanders...maybe she'd find that somehow "illegal".

My thoughts exactly..she supposedly goes in to the ER this weekend w/ anxiety over this stress she's feeling and instead of getting chinese takeout, going to her hotel, bringing her to your house, ordering a pizza, finding a small hole in the wall restaurant near your house, making her a peanut butter sandwich, they choose to walk directly in to the hornet's nest. This was deliberate and I think this DT is setting up all kinds of circumstances to go for a mistrial.

Which is why I won't answer any questions anymore about anything that doesn't involve my direct courtroom observations.

This is such a good point. The thought of the defense setting something up really makes me feel sick. But would not surprise me. They are shady..... I hope they get away with NOTHING.

Pattern regarding ALV: first she's sick and court is canceled; then she goes to ER and we hear about it in the media (making a record if it? - usually that's a private thing); then there's a mistrial motion that references the stress she's endured; then there's a significant media story about it, in the middle of her testimony; then she's photographed in a known media hangout almost as if she was placed there for that purpose; then she tells the judge, today, that she can't be back to court on Monday because she's having more "tests." She felt the need to say that while the cameras were on her. Probably more "stress" tests.

There's the record, all ready for the motion...

If this has anything to do with the latest motion for mistrial it would have been initiated by the DT. If their witness has done something wrong, wouldn't they want it swept under the rug? Or maybe not...is ANYTHING worth doing to get a mistrial!?!?!
The PT seems so mellow, calm and on the up and up. Can't see how they could possibly be given the blame for any shenanigans.
The DT should be ashamed of themselves for costing everyone so much time and money already. And they think they should do it all again!!!

Pattern regarding ALV: first she's sick and court is canceled; then she goes to ER and we hear about it in the media (making a record if it? - usually that's a private thing); then there's a mistrial motion that references the stress she's endured; then there's a significant media story about it, in the middle of her testimony; then she's photographed in a known media hangout almost as if she was placed there for that purpose; then she tells the judge, today, that she can't be back to court on Monday because she's having more "tests." She felt the need to say that while the cameras were on her. Probably more "stress" tests.

There's the record, all ready for the motion...

CHA CHING!!

I also think she approached Samantha in open court, in front of cameras and media, for a deliberate reason. I still can't get over how she asked for a break 5 min early, didn't make a beeline for the BR as she requested, clearly, but managed to have the time to make a pit stop to ambush a victim.

I think this was somehow purposeful but I wonder if she feels whatever she was attempting was successful (I think not).

One way to "punish" old Alyce if indeed she has done wrong, is to withhold the approx. $24,000 (a guess) that she has made in this case. I know there is no legal tenet for that, but that is what I WISH could be done. Or throw her in jail for a few weeks, either one will suffice for me!! LOL. Again, I know nothing about what can legally be done to her, but the above 2 suggestions work for me!!

I for one would never ask you questions about anything other than what you observe, and post. You put yourself out there nearly every day to let us all know what goes on in court that we are not privy to possibly seeing or hearing. You are our eyes and ears. I wouldn't expect you to discuss anything other than what you feel comfortable relaying. You are the bomb!!!! And, I thank you.

I for one would never ask you questions about anything other than what you observe, and post. You put yourself out there nearly every day to let us all know what goes on in court that we are not privy to possibly seeing or hearing. You are our eyes and ears. I wouldn't expect you to discuss anything other than what you feel comfortable relaying. You are the bomb!!!! And, I thank you.

Thanks for understanding. Things are getting very intense now and I have to be very careful about what/how/where I post things so trying to keep things simple.

I'm watching the morning testimony now, and the continued jury questions constitute a drubbing for the defense, yes? I don't know how many jurors are submitting questions, but wow, they're not buying the defense's BS at all.

Oops, sorry. I thought I was in another thread. :)

Me, too and if you do meet him, let him know I wanted him foreman and was impressed. : )

OT kinda, I had to check myself yesterday. Somehow I got a flipping virus on my puter and it crashed. So, I brought it to the repair shop to be fixed, on my way home I went and bought a laptop because I didn't want to miss the trial. Now, this would've never happened if the trial wasn't going on. I would have just waited, ah well I needed a laptop anyway. But, cripes I got the trial bug, my cure will be when the verdict is read.

We were on vacation last week and returned on Sunday. Used the puter on Sunday night and when I turned it on Monday morning for the live feed, it had crashed. I was stuck watching on HLN that day and was still on HLN when I had to leave to drive 45 miles to purchase a new one and that was at 7 pm. No way was I going to watch it on tv another day. I felt the same way you did. I also got the insurance, 24/7 tech support, and a Kaspersky internet security program! Got the trial bug too!

I have no idea, but I was thinking that he maybe "asked" to be excused (for whatever reason) ... I think that's possible, but that is just my opinion/hunch .. ????

I can tell ya ... I wish I would be excused from this trial, cuz it is really making me sick ... but alas, I have an addictive personality :crosseyed:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee