a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
AZLawyer just posted this 10 minutes ago! Was going to ask question, and finally got in to see she posted this without anyone even asking!

For anyone who saw my earlier post re: thinking the statute of limitations would have expired for a wrongful death suit, I'm happy to report I was wrong. Just looked it up:

12-511. Civil action arising from criminal conduct; definitions

A. Notwithstanding sections 12-505 and 12-542, if a defendant is charged by a criminal complaint or indictment the statute of limitations for any civil cause of action that is brought by a victim against the defendant for criminal conduct against the victim is extended for one year from the final disposition of the criminal proceedings, regardless of whether the defendant is convicted of criminal conduct against the victim.

PRAISE BE!!!

I'm so happy for all the Alexanders! My 'net went down so I had to glue myself to HLN. Nancy was okay, but JVM was driving me batty!

Ohhhhhh I so enjoyed watching JA's face with the countdown YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES! And I was screaming YES also!

I bet the neighbors wonder what I was up to!

JA's last meal should be chips and salsa with a backdrop of Cancun behind her.

I had a haircut scheduled for 1:00 pm PDT today. After watching the whole trial, I couldn't miss this! My hairdresser was able to take me early, so I got home in time to watch the verdict on the big screen instead of on my phone at the beauty salon. It was a sweet moment after all these months of Travis-trashing. My heart embraces his family and friends and our dear Katiecoolady. What a day! Thank you Juan Martinez and Detective Flores! It's been a long haul.

The best belated gift in the world for Steven Alexander today!

In a reaction that probably surprised no one, I was taken by Jodi Arias' muted rather unemotional cold reaction to the verdict.

This can't help in the next phase as it reinforces the notion that she is a cold blooded killer with BPD.

I suspect this will be discussed later on HLN. It's already been addressed on MSNBC.

KCL I just send all my hugs to you as a victim and the family for their loss. Today we all know JUSTICE was SERVED for a wonderful man. I had this calmness from the moment they announced a verdict was reached because I know Travis's spirit has always been surrounding everyone in that courtroom from the very first day...Do you or anyone for that matter know if any rulings by this jury from here forward has to be unanimous in their decisions.

Sooooo Happy!!! Premeditated = death, as it should be. Thank you all observers for your support of the Alexanders and you undying faith!

PS I am a not a hateful person, however she deserves to die

I bet she is fighting her mom or anyone speaking about her - she is such a control freak, she probably only wants Donovan to speak if anyone.

You are so funny (& talented), ANJ. Thanks for making me bust up laughing! ...And how true that is!

Former CourtTV anchor and veteran attorney Rikki Klieman just said on MSNBC , "The next phase is aggravation and the state can prove that in about a minute and a half. This is a crime that was extremely cruel."

Rest in Peace now TA - it's over. Justice has been served for you and your family.

KCL, I saw you crying in relief. You did the best thing any human being can do, your support, love, and time spent in this trial - is REWARDED. By an amazing Arizona Jury, but more so their system, and Prosecution Juan Martinez. Bless you and the Alexander Family.

For me who was questioning our system as a whole, and I am not alone. We are more then satisfied, this is the best system in the world.

Dear Deanna, (If You read here)

I Pray for Gentle Hugs -
Beautiful Memories of Travis -
Soft Safe Clouds for You to land on when You feel overwhelmed -
and Eventual Peace . . .

God Bless You Sweet Deanna
Always an admirer
(((((Paula))))))

Verdict Day - Deanna.jpg

Watching the verdict come down and seeing the Alexander's and the friends of Travis reactions was so heartwarming. It felt to me like Travis was there with them telling them it's okay now. The world knows how truly evil Jodi Ann Arias is. I believe she actually thought she wasn't going to be convicted. She sat there and couldn't even muster 1 tear. Not one. I would be crying my darn fool head off!! If she had done that maybe the jury would have seen some remorse. She has NONE!! I don't see how the jury can come back with anything but the death penalty.
She deserves nothing less. She thinks that she is above the law and that she is able to play her little games and that she has gotten away with everything for so long, she just expected everyone to do what they always have.
I am so glad she isn't going to get away with things anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FormerSoldier