a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks guys. I'm home watching the trial on the feed from the comfort of my living room. I spoke with PASA over lunch and she's still at the hospital. Her Dad is still touch and go. We were able to catch up on everything and will stay in touch. She appreciates all the good thoughts coming her way. She's such a sweetie...we will talk every day. She hopes to make it back to trial next week.

Thanks for all the understanding. Wow DeMarte is really holding up well. She's just truly a well prepared witness. I hope this trial puts her on the map as an expert witness. She's awesome.

Thanks guys. I'm home watching the trial on the feed from the comfort of my living room. I spoke with PASA over lunch and she's still at the hospital. Her Dad is still touch and go. We were able to catch up on everything and will stay in touch. She appreciates all the good thoughts coming her way. She's such a sweetie...we will talk every day. She hopes to make it back to trial next week.

Thanks for all the understanding. Wow DeMarte is really holding up well. She's just truly a well prepared witness. I hope this trial puts her on the map as an expert witness. She's awesome.

God bless you Katie. Pasa too.

I was thinking the same thing about Miss DeMarte, she will be able to write her own ticket after this. So many people are saying she is by far the best expert witness they have ever seen.

Be well this weekend. :seeya::seeya:

Hi guys,

I'm so completely exhausted I can barely even type this ..as you know there was nothing this pm and it was dismissed due to Jodi's new "migraine". She did look horrible but she did manage to eek out a snotty look toward the family side (Clancy, the "drunk girl" was on the front row today) as the jury filed in only to be dismissed. We went over to the rooftop for a bit and I guarantee you I will be asleep in about 30 min. Planning on going back tomorrow pm for the pm session and we'll see what happens! Nite!

Hmmm...interesting, was this the first time Clancy was there? I bet her being there was reason, or contributed to Jodi's "migraine"... Almost as if she wanted to have court cut short so Clancy would only get to see a half day of court after coming all the way from Utah... And, the snotty look...well, I'm guessing that was for Clancy too...

I'm glad you took a rest this morning... I worry so much about you "burning out" at some point...you are such a giver, I pray that God puts others in your life that bless and refresh you like you do for others!

have you goten any read from the jury on jodi where she seems checked out and is just coloring

Jodi seemed embarrassed just now when Juan solicted the fact that Jodi tried to flirt with a guy on the plane on the return trip from Travis' memorial service!!

They are about to take the jury's questions for Dr. DeMarte, if there are any, after this 10 min. break. I am soooo curious about these questions!!!

Just remembered that while we were waiting for Jodi's migraine medication to not kick in yesterday, there was a courtroom sketch artist in the courtroom all fired up and ready to sketch. I'll find out if Joi saw her in there again this afternoon. I found that odd esp since there are cameras in the courtroom.

They are about to take the jury's questions for Dr. DeMarte, if there are any, after this 10 min. break. I am soooo curious about these questions!!!

Me too...somehow I doubt they will be snarky and confrontational like those to Dick Samuels and ALV.

I am so glad you are staying home today KCL. You surely deserve a break for all you continue to do for TA's family and all us selfish folks who admire and hang on your every word regarding courtroom observations. Please take at least 4 scattered hours during your respite to do something you absolutely love just for you, no matter what it may be.

Bless you and your family, and PASA's too.

Yet I also think an evil person can literally fall out of the sky in to an otherwise normal family sometimes.

Did you find the Tiger/Bear question a little sarcastic? It could also mean clarification I guess.... Just wondering....

Did you find the Tiger/Bear question a little sarcastic? It could also mean clarification I guess.... Just wondering....

I'm gonna have to review them all again. I was so involved in multi tasking when they came in.

I was multitasking as well so I will need to listen to them again... just waiting for the video to be posted on You Tube.... It just struck me as a little in a sarcastic tone when I heard it but I think she answered it well....

hi newbe here was anyone in court today,..i wish dr.demartejust gave alittle more clarifacation on the pds test dr sammuals gave where ja event was 2 people broke into the house and attacked with 2 weapons and they killed travis it is very different traumas than her story of being attacked by travis with no weapon and she got the gun and killed him herself i think very different traumas

I don't find it sarcastic. I liked how Dr. D said it woud be completely different, whereas $ameuls said same diagnosis would apply even though the story is different ( how ridiculous!) when the defendant's test answers were based on a complete lie.

I don't find it sarcastic. I liked how Dr. D said it woud be completely different, whereas $ameuls said same diagnosis would apply even though the story is different ( how ridiculous!) when the defendant's test answers were based on a complete lie.

Then I must have mirsread it - I was taking care of my son and my dog and cat were begging for food while I was trying to listen. I heard part of her answer and I like the way she answered but I did not listen to the whole thing...

Thanks buckeyefan. I really appreciate the sensitivity. Sometimes it's so much pressure to get notes done etc that I forget really my primary goal is to support the family. I've eaten my lunch in my car most days than not during the last few weeks rushing to the courthouse, etc. My job is very demanding lately and have people coming from out of State to do intensive therapy with me. Of course my Dad and brother are always needing something. And although I'm a strong person the emotional toll of this is affecting me. I appreciate the support and sensitivity. I can barely keep my eyes open and heading in to another work day. Anyway....I'll watch on the feed with everyone else like a normal person today. Thanks again.

Posting your fantastic notes here, as much as we all adore them, should be at the very BOTTOM of your to-do list. At the very tip top should be your own needs: sleeping/hydrating/resting/caring for yourself. Then comes your family and your work. We be at the bottom of the totem pole. Go take a bubble bath and follow it up with a glass of Chardonnay. Nightie Night. Sleep tight. :heartbeat:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme