I am not there… I do not sleep.
I am the thousand winds that blow…
I am the diamond glints on snow…
I am the sunlight on ripened grain…
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you waken in the morning’s hush,
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of gentle birds in circling flight…
I am the soft star that shines at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry—
I am not there… I did not die ~~ An Irish Blessing

You mustn't be afraid of death
You're a deathless soul
You can't be kept in a dark grave
You're filled with God's glow

I was dead
I came alive
I was tears
I became laughter

all because of love
when it arrived
my temporal life
from then on
changed to eternal
- Rumi

I don't post here, but read every day. Just wanted to add my prayers for Justice for Travis, peace for his family, a BIG THANK YOU to Pasa, KCL and all who attend and report back to us...and THANKS for the new avitar :)

Hey, Kathy/KCL and other court watchers. Especially you Kathy, because you will see Juan. I found this video of Arias making a throat cut motion during Juan's closing. It looks like a threat. At the very least not being respectful in court. Do you think Juan or the judge should know about this?

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=qLxNbzveMyY&desktop_uri=/watch?v=qLxNbzveMyY

Susan

non-mobile address.

[video=youtube;qLxNbzveMyY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLxNbzveMyY[/video]

freak. praying for a verdict today. not much discussion needed, although they may need to vent after all these months of not being able to talk about the case. I hope they do that at happy hour with the gang!!

I was so inspired by Chris Hughes' ending remarks about how to live your life as he thinks Travis would say. I am taking all of that to heart and I feel like I was "positioned" for lack of a better word in this trial/case to do some good in the world and all I know is that just feels good to do.

I never looked at my seat behind the Alexanders as a right or anything other than a privilege. And that's how I will always see it. So anything good I could make of that privilege, well then, I can say to myself "job well done". (of course I was guided to make the right connections with the right people). I don't think there was anything I'd do differently.

And I'll be down there after work at 12:30 tomorrow waiting for that verdict to come in.

Kathy,
Agree with all you said. And I thank you.
Please keep me in thoughts and prayers. I am on my way to the hospital as my first great grandson is on his way to arrive this morning! Been a long night. I will be praying for Travis family and all of you supporting them.
God bless you.

non-mobile address.

Jodi Arias Cut Throat Motion or Scratch? - YouTube

freak. praying for a verdict today. not much discussion needed, although they may need to vent after all these months of not being able to talk about the case. I hope they do that at happy hour with the gang!!

Oh wow. What was she thinking? What if someone on the jury saw her do that???? This was a good catch. Shows she will kill again given the chance.

Death is nothing at all.
I have only slipped away to the next room.
I am I and you are you.
Whatever we were to each other,
That, we still are.

Call me by my old familiar name.
Speak to me in the easy way
which you always used.
Put no difference into your tone.
Wear no forced air of solemnity or sorrow.

Laugh as we always laughed
at the little jokes we enjoyed together.
Play, smile, think of me. Pray for me.
Let my name be ever the household word
that it always was.
Let it be spoken without effect.
Without the trace of a shadow on it.

Life means all that it ever meant.
It is the same that it ever was.
There is absolute unbroken continuity.
Why should I be out of mind
because I am out of sight?

I am but waiting for you.
For an interval.
Somewhere. Very near.
Just around the corner.

All is well.

Henry Scott Holland

Job Well Done, Katie :blushing:

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
:blowkiss:
:heartbeat:​

Katie, will the family be at the courthouse, or only if the jury has a question and the lawyers, judge assemble to answer it in open court? They are at a nearby hotel, otherwise, right? I just cannot imagine today for them. I am so happy that so many of their extended family and Travis' very dear friends have come there to stand , united with them. They are surrounded in love now and it will carry them through, whatever the verdict.

Thank you Michael, for making it possible, for them to stay on throughout the entire trial, and be together. They NEED to be together now.

In Travis' memory, everyone call your best friends just to tell them you love them and they matter in your life. Call your siblings and call your parents and tell them the things people always wish they would have. Tell yourself, as Travis did, YOU ARE A CHILD OF GOD. You can be ANYTHING YOU WANT TO BE. Give yourself a hug. And a smile.

Katiecoolady, I believe you had a 'divine appointment'. You are where you need to be and the benefits are for all involved. When we try and do it all ourselves, sometimes the burdens are just too much. When we are there for each other, the load becomes lighter. The radio show last night was amazing. My earbuds were hurting me and I listened to all but the last 15 minutes as my battery ran down. That would be the computer battery not my personal one :). I was praying for you and for Chris when things were so very emotional. Long distance hugs and love to you all. Prayers and hugs to the family as well. Juan is a hero to many of us and I find him such an advocate for the victim. This is clearly more than just a 'job' for him. Be strong when you are down there at the courthouse, but not so strong that it hurts you. It is also ok to be human and accept your feelings. I love you lots, just for who you are.

Good morning, peeps!

I just finished listening to last night's broadcast and words almost fail me.

Katie, my heart went out to you when you spoke, I could feel the pain you have, and I'm sure what I felt was infinitesimal to what you have gone through all these years. I hope that Chris Hughes' words settle your heart.

As for Chris, I was so pleased that Tricia gave him a platform to vent the emotions and frustration he has been under for so many years. I was inspired by his words and know he is on the right path.

I've never been able to muster hatred in my heart, I let it all go to a place in the back of my brain. It only comes out at times like this, in the form of extreme general anxiety. Luckily, a pill will fix it for now and, once the jury comes in with the 1st degree verdict, it will abate.

Nothing can bring Travis back to his family and friends, but a quick resolution to this awful, interminable trial will go a long way to start healing the most intense pain and allow them to get back to their lives. Then, they can concentrate on the part of Travis that is in their hearts and they can keep his memory and legacy alive.

Kathy,
Agree with all you said. And I thank you.
Please keep me in thoughts and prayers. I am on my way to the hospital as my first great grandson is on his way to arrive this morning! Been a long night. I will be praying for Travis family and all of you supporting them.
God bless you.

Prayers for a safe delivery of your new great grandson!

I am praying for the family and the jury and, well, all of us.

Justice.

Good morning, peeps!

I just finished listening to last night's broadcast and words almost fail me.

Katie, my heart went out to you when you spoke, I could feel the pain you have, and I'm sure what I felt was infinitesimal to what you have gone through all these years. I hope that Chris Hughes' words settle your heart.

As for Chris, I was so pleased that Tricia gave him a platform to vent the emotions and frustration he has been under for so many years. I was inspired by his words and know he is on the right path.

I've never been able to muster hatred in my heart, I let it all go to a place in the back of my brain. It only comes out at times like this, in the form of extreme general anxiety. Luckily, a pill will fix it for now and, once the jury comes in with the 1st degree verdict, it will abate.

Nothing can bring Travis back to his family and friends, but a quick resolution to this awful, interminable trial will go a long way to start healing the most intense pain and allow them to get back to their lives. Then, they can concentrate on the part of Travis that is in their hearts and they can keep his memory and legacy alive

:gthanks:

Good Morning all,

My schedule today is to work in the morning then head downtown around 12:30 to hook up with whoever I hook up with down there to wait for the verdict. I still think this afternoon is a possibility. I have all my mornings filled with work but every afternoon open this week so this jury better wait til the afternoon whenever they come in. ;)

I woke up thinking and being very moved by Chris Hughes speaking last night (I'm sure you all did too). I went for an early am walk and was pondering so many things. Mostly his parting words about "speaking for Travis" to us and admonishing us to use all of this as an opportunity to grow. I recommitted myself to just that this morning.

Participating in this trial has offered me many lessons and opportunities to grow in itself. If you only knew how hard it is for me to set boundaries and I had to do it over and over and over again in this process, both for myself and others. I've learned in a deeper way to "trust my gut" which is a HUGE lesson for me personally--about reading people and things. And to take certain risks that I'd never take before. And what truly giving looks like (and doesn't).

I've been thinking about how being discerning and being fierce in drawing lines in the sand is critical to one's development (think Skye Hughes kicking Jodi out of their house).

I'm also thinking about how I complain about being single and walking this path of life "alone" or so it seems and how that really is an illusion. I think of the times I've sold myself short (like Travis did w/ Jodi, as my sister did with her murderer--not criticizing just saying how easy this is to fall in to) and made choices that diminished my vitality. And how it's so, for me, challenging to stay focused on quality vs. space filling people.

I'm thinking I have no time anymore for shallow superficiality in my life! I have no time for lack of integrity in myself or others! I have no time for choices that diminish my light and take me off a path of, as Travis says, "being a better person".

Listening to Chris really brought a laser focus back to my mind about setting my course in a clear intentional way. And listening to Chris himself and Chris describing Travis I am inspired that there ARE men on this planet and potentially ONE man who will find me who feels a similar yearning to grow, become the best they can be. And how I just won't settle for less out of loneliness, desire for sex, exhaustion or anything else. I was remembering an essay I wrote 2 years ago called "It's gonna be Great or nothing" which I will share here. I needed to revisit those words now.

I feel so inspired thanks to Chris Hughes last night. And I feel justice is coming very very soon and I look forward to detoxing any negativity that may have "stuck" to me during these months and putting my life on a path everyone who has ever loved me will be proud of.

Here is my little essay if you want to read it and watch out world...I'm getting ready to bust out and claim my highest self, one I've not gotten to know yet. And I'm hoping Travis Alexander is up there cheering me on.

xoxo

https://www.facebook.com/notes/kathy-monkman/its-gonna-be-great-or-nothing/10150348077424954

And one more:

EVERYTHING IS WAITING FOR YOU

(After Derek Mahon)

Your great mistake is to act the drama
as if you were alone. As if life
were a progressive and cunning crime
with no witness to the tiny hidden
transgressions. To feel abandoned is to deny
the intimacy of your surroundings. Surely,
even you, at times, have felt the grand array;
the swelling presence, and the chorus, crowding
out your solo voice. You must note
the way the soap dish enables you,
or the window latch grants you freedom.
Alertness is the hidden discipline of familiarity.
The stairs are your mentor of things
to come, the doors have always been there
to frighten you and invite you,
and the tiny speaker in the phone
is your dream-ladder to divinity.

Put down the weight of your aloneness and ease into
the conversation. The kettle is singing
even as it pours you a drink, the cooking pots
have left their arrogant aloofness and
seen the good in you at last. All the birds
and creatures of the world are unutterably
themselves. Everything is waiting for you.

~ David Whyte ~

I did! I'm printing it and I'm bringing it to Juan Martinez tomorrow. :D

PS Thank you! (I think he loves silly things like that...I also have many M&M's left I'm bringing!)

I wish somebody had made some M&M's for Detective Flores. He is surely the quiet hero in this hideous tale. His patience and technique during those many hours of interrogation set the stage for the identification of psychopathy and pathological lying. And his steadfast support of Juan and Travis's family in the court room have been astounding as well!!! They are a team in every sense of the word.

I wish somebody had made some M&M's for Detective Flores. He is surely the quiet hero in this hideous tale. His patience and technique during those many hours of interrogation set the stage for the identification of psychopathy and pathological lying. And his steadfast support of Juan and Travis's family in the court room have been astounding as well!!! They are a team in every sense of the word.

There are! Some say "Juan and Det. Flores" on them. I told him (flores) on Friday and will make sure he gets some this week. :)

Also some say "The State rests" and I will have to look at the others. I was rushing so fast to court on Friday and grabbed them in the lobby but still have a box full. :D

If the MnM giver would like to share.....the floor is open..just sayin! ;)

Thank you for posting this; the Irish Blessing is the same poem we used on my Mom's prayer card, I am a great believer of signs and as this is the first thing I read here this morning I am taking this as a sign that Justice for Travis will prevail. Thank you again, you have no idea how much comfort you've given me on this day as I fight to make it through the day with as few tears as possible. :tyou::heartbeat:
Some beautiful, comforting words...

Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there… I do not sleep.
I am the thousand winds that blow…
I am the diamond glints on snow…
I am the sunlight on ripened grain…
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you waken in the morning’s hush,
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of gentle birds in circling flight…
I am the soft star that shines at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry—
I am not there… I did not die ~~ An Irish Blessing

You mustn't be afraid of death
You're a deathless soul
You can't be kept in a dark grave
You're filled with God's glow

I was dead
I came alive
I was tears
I became laughter

all because of love
when it arrived
my temporal life
from then on
changed to eternal
- Rumi

Katie, will the family be at the courthouse, or only if the jury has a question and the lawyers, judge assemble to answer it in open court? They are at a nearby hotel, otherwise, right? I just cannot imagine today for them. I am so happy that so many of their extended family and Travis' very dear friends have come there to stand , united with them. They are surrounded in love now and it will carry them through, whatever the verdict.

Thank you Michael, for making it possible, for them to stay on throughout the entire trial, and be together. They NEED to be together now.

In Travis' memory, everyone call your best friends just to tell them you love them and they matter in your life. Call your siblings and call your parents and tell them the things people always wish they would have. Tell yourself, as Travis did, YOU ARE A CHILD OF GOD. You can be ANYTHING YOU WANT TO BE. Give yourself a hug. And a smile.

I don't really know exactly where they will be today but I'm sure somewhere close by. I may see them this afternoon but I really don't share any private things about their whereabouts etc publicly if I know. They will be hounded by media so I'm sure they will be somewhere quiet and safe.

That gesture is truly creepy...it looks real...

And she would know, right? : ( I thought it was much scarier than the finger across the throat gesture would be. If she did that it would look more crazy. This looks like she is serious. It is very troubling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV