a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I think it's normal that many of us are starting to feel anxious. After all, we have been listening to the trial, while talking about it among each other as the evidence and testimony rolled in, so we had a very formed opinion way before deliberations started. So what's the holdup? The jury, on the other hand, have experienced this trial differently. I'm going to hold on to any "predictions" as to when they'll render the decision, since I've been wrong twice already, lol. But we have to take into account that they were not able to discuss anything about this case to anyone or among themselves. Also, as much as we know how evil IT is, I can definitely see some of them wanting to go over the whole evidence, hundreds of exhibits, etc., because they are holdings someone's fate in their hands. I definitely see this as a reason for no verdict yet. We can just form an opinion. They, on the other hand, will have to live with their decision after the trial is over. And of course, there may be one or two holdouts. The others may be trying to help them see the light. It is not uncommon for jurors to not be unanimous off the bat. I have to say this, I would 100% prefer a hung jury in the alternative of them agreeing to a lesser charge just to compromise.

I know, personally, that I get nervous in part because of the last high profile verdict (you know, the Florida one) and how unbelievable I thought the verdict was. I know this is a completely different case with much, much more evidence. My only comparison is because it shows that we cant really know what the jury is thinking. We just have to keep faith that the right thing will be done.

And I dont pay attention to HNL at all, they are just a sensationalist cable channel. :)

Well, I'm going to just repeat another poster who wisely stated "we will get the verdict when we get the verdict"!! Sorry, i can't remember your name but you are too wise!! It's so pointless for everyone (including me) to be guessing about when the verdict will come in...we'll never know until we know.
I have to ask, though, did you guys see the camera on JW and mitigation lady and some other lady walking out of the courthouse this morning (on the sidewalk). JW was wearing her typical curve-hugging outfit, and she had this big bag over her shoulder, with her heels on, and she was struttin' it. I mean, it looked like she was on a catwalk or something! I was like, is this for real? Maybe that's just the way she normally walks. I can definately see her being Ms. Sorority in college.

FAITH

I want to write about faith,
spacer.gif
about the way the moon rises
spacer.gif
over cold snow, night after night,

faithful even as it fades from fullness,
spacer.gif
slowly becoming that last curving and impossible
spacer.gif
sliver of light before the final darkness.

But I have no faith myself
spacer.gif
I refuse it even the smallest entry.

Let this then, my small poem,
spacer.gif
like a new moon, slender and barely open,
spacer.gif
be the first prayer that opens me to faith.

-- David Whyte

Thought you were headed to bed? Roses in your pillows.

Well, I'm going to just repeat another poster who wisely stated "we will get the verdict when we get the verdict"!! Sorry, i can't remember your name but you are too wise!! It's so pointless for everyone (including me) to be guessing about when the verdict will come in...we'll never know until we know.
I have to ask, though, did you guys see the camera on JW and mitigation lady and some other lady walking out of the courthouse this morning (on the sidewalk). JW was wearing her typical curve-hugging outfit, and she had this big bag over her shoulder, with her heels on, and she was struttin' it. I mean, it looked like she was on a catwalk or something! I was like, is this for real? Maybe that's just the way she normally walks. I can definately see her being Ms. Sorority in college.

Yes. We will get the news when we get the news. It has to come at some point. It is just a matter of being patient (I have trouble with that myself). Many trials that have rendered guilty of first degree murder verdicts have taken days to deliberate, this is not unusual. :twocents:

Me thinks Jean makes things up as she goes. I heard her describe 3 different accounts of the same story. First, she told Vinnie about Juror 16 and 2 male Jurors leaving the deliberation room. Then, she described to JVM how Juror 16 was "walking defiantly" and stomping all the way to the elevator. Now, she threw Juror 3 in the mix.

I guess JA's fog is contagious.

i'm watching nancy grace reruns a little late, but when beth said she didn't see anything that JC saw, and in fact heard them being 'jovial' in the room but become somber for the press as they walked out in a single line, JC was like yeah but you don't know if they weren't laughing with the bailiffs blah blah.... i don't think she likes beth. is JC here to freak us out and put us all in a bad mood. nancy sure bummed me out tonight with her opinion jodi is going to not get 1st degree.

Dear friend, Travis would want you to go and have a full , happy trip. The verdict will be replayed ten thousand times, from soup to nuts. You will be able to see every second of it, when you are ready. Meanwhile, in Travis' honor, be happy and enjoy your trip. I think this is the best tribute to Travis who blogged he wanted everyone to live each and every moment to the fullest, smell the roses, to breathe in the fresh air and be glad of it. Take pictures, be happy!!!!! Hugs.

I think Chris Hughes said it best, do not let Jodi Arias have one more minute of your life, do not give her that power, be released from this completely or else the evil wins. Go on the trip, and let your light shine in memory of dear Travis. I say these things to you in the name of Jesus Christ.

Thank you dearly for your kind and true words AFF! You are a lovely, thoughtful soul. I will do just as you suggested! Aloha and Mahalo! XO

Thank you dearly for your kind and true words AFF! You are a lovely, thoughtful soul. I will do just as you suggested! Aloha and Mahalo! XO

Frigga! Have a safe, fabulous trip!

Enjoy great beverages and delicious food..Travis would want that.
Enjoy the beautiful scenery...Travis would want that.
Enjoy the company of loved ones..Travis would want that.
Say a little prayer for Travis. You know he'd want that.

:)

I took a HLN break tonight and it felt wonderful! (but I did tune in for Deanna on Dr. Drew Love Her!!!)

I am keeping the faith. I have always liked this jury and thought the questions were spot on. I think they may be decompressing and expressing the pent up feelings they have had for over 4 months. Who else can they let this out to if not each other? I really think this is a smart jury. I really believe that in my heart. After turning off HLN I became much more centered. I just don't have that feeling that they are not on the same page. I may be wrong but I do feel calm for some reason. I don't think 13 hours is long at all for the decision they have to make. If and I mean If there is a hold out I do not see the rest moving off of a murder 1.

I am going back to work tomorrow so that is a sure sign there will be a verdict! Ha

One last thing.. As far as Jean C goes...She had on a really pretty blue dress today. I am from the south and mama always said.. "if you don't have anything good to say about some one don't say anything at all" I will leave it at that. Bless her heart:)

Thanks to all our court observers for keeping it real up in here! It has been a crazy day!

Frigga! Have a safe, fabulous trip!

Enjoy great beverages and delicious food..Travis would want that.
Enjoy the beautiful scenery...Travis would want that.
Enjoy the company of loved ones..Travis would want that.
Say a little prayer for Travis. You know he'd want that.

:)

Thanks Ms Rose! I will, I will, I will and I will! Aloha sweet lady~ Frigga

Dear friend, Travis would want you to go and have a full , happy trip. The verdict will be replayed ten thousand times, from soup to nuts. You will be able to see every second of it, when you are ready. Meanwhile, in Travis' honor, be happy and enjoy your trip. I think this is the best tribute to Travis who blogged he wanted everyone to live each and every moment to the fullest, smell the roses, to breathe in the fresh air and be glad of it. Take pictures, be happy!!!!! Hugs.

I think Chris Hughes said it best, do not let Jodi Arias have one more minute of your life, do not give her that power, be released from this completely or else the evil wins. Go on the trip, and let your light shine in memory of dear Travis. I say these things to you in the name of Jesus Christ.

Beautiful words. :goodpost:

I also found it quite odd that Nurmi bought up the sexual orientation of a witness. From ALV's testimony, she made it appear that she was straight w/children and wore a wedding ring.

He may have been hinting about ALV, but he also may have been talking about the guy Jodi encountered at Crater Lake when she was on her mission to confront Bianca about MM. Didn't he testify? Or he could have been just throwing crap on the wall to see if anything stuck, regardless of whether or not it had anything to do with the case.

FAITH

I want to write about faith,
spacer.gif
about the way the moon rises
spacer.gif
over cold snow, night after night,

faithful even as it fades from fullness,
spacer.gif
slowly becoming that last curving and impossible
spacer.gif
sliver of light before the final darkness.

But I have no faith myself
spacer.gif
I refuse it even the smallest entry.

Let this then, my small poem,
spacer.gif
like a new moon, slender and barely open,
spacer.gif
be the first prayer that opens me to faith.

-- David Whyte

So beautiful! Thank you, Kathy! Do you have some of Whyte's books? If so, which ones?

Deanna was on Dr. Drew and I have to say that woman is a class act!! I think that Deanna, Chris, Sky and the entire Alexander family have shown nothing but class, strength and stability and have proved, at least in my mind, that Travis was nothing short of AMAZING and full of LOVE!!!! I am glad they can convey the message without having to be over-the-top or in everyone's face. They have been patient, gentle and kind and I believe that is how the jury is handling the verdict. They will take their time to handle with care and get it right!!

I'd prefer it take a week (especially knowing JA must be going crazy in the basement) for them to come back with first degree then have people settle for less and coming back quickly!!

“Why is patience so important? Because it makes us pay attention.” ― Paulo Coelho

“Patience is power.
Patience is not an absence of action;
rather it is "timing"
it waits on the right time to act,
for the right principles
and in the right way.”
― Fulton J. Sheen

Sleuth13!!! When I read this post this morning, I almost fell out of my chair! Fulton Sheen was a family friend, coincidentally, he is going to be named a saint. My mother and I were worried about no verdict yet and she called me and read THIS SAME VERSE TO ME last night. How is that for patience AND faith??? Feeling good about today!

Yes...hope so as well. My feelings today (at the end of full 2 days)...not looking good considering the facts of "this" case. Honestly, it is complete lunacy. Yes, I know...the jury doesn't know all we know, but even with what they do know...what/who is holding things up?? I would prefer a hung jury to some stupid compromise verdict, spare society at large on that one. Mark my words, Jodi Arias is dangerous, if not today, tomorrow.

Facts as WE know them. You have to remember... we know so much more than that jury does. Give them a chance and have faith. Just because they didn't come back with an immediate guilty for M1 doesn't mean they won't.

I'd prefer them to take their time and be sure... after all, they're deciding a "life for a life" and have to live with it.

Facts as WE know them. You have to remember... we know so much more than that jury does. Give them a chance and have faith. Just because they didn't come back with an immediate guilty for M1 doesn't mean they won't.

I'd prefer them to take their time and be sure... after all, they're deciding a "life for a life" and have to live with it.

I agree with you.

And now that I have seen the "holding cell" I hope it takes 2 weeks!!

I think she deserves the death penalty and hope the murder one voters are holding strong and unwavering.

I think they're all Murder 1 jurors and were when they walked in the room.

Remember the juror questions.

IMO they are just methodically going through the evidence - not questioning the evidence, just sifting through it. Some of it was presented WAAAYYY back in January. They're making sure they are crossing their t's and dotting their i's, and when they deliver the verdict, they can say they honestly looked at all sides and every angle.

Just my opinion.

Me thinks Jean makes things up as she goes. I heard her describe 3 different accounts of the same story. First, she told Vinnie about Juror 16 and 2 male Jurors leaving the deliberation room. Then, she described to JVM how Juror 16 was "walking defiantly" and stomping all the way to the elevator. Now, she threw Juror 3 in the mix.

I guess JA's fog is contagious.

What is Jean C. even doing around the jurors? Is she trying to cause a mistrial? The 'defiant' juror was probably trying to get the h... Away from them so she wouldnt get kicked off the jury for being around the press. I think if i was a juror..i wouldnt like JC reporting about my every move...like it was a sign about how the verdict will go.

Jinkasaurua is getting more and more ridiculous. :banghead:

I'm a techo-dinosaur. I don't text, my cell phone is for emergencies, and totally incapable of taking a picture or video. It's also extremely inexpensive.

I keep the dreaded HLN on during the times jury deliberations are on-going to keep me apprised as to a verdict as I go about my daily chores. I take every word Beth says as factual, everything Jean says as mythical and over-blown.

As I go about my day, I keep a prayer in my heart for the Alexander family and friends as they wait. I keep a prayer in my heart for the jury. From their questions, they sound educated and sharp.

Even this wonderful jury, which has members who were able to put together previous testimony and current testimony to ask some of those questions, need time to put the puzzle together for themselves.

Give them time to do this. They want to do the right thing, not the quickest thing.

Katie, I thank you for the constant reminders to have faith. that's what keeps us going.

Morning all - I just wanted to share that I am going through the ups and downs but I am trying not to focus on the negative. I am in the East Coast - so it is torture to wait until noon LOL I do the best I can - trying to get things done before deliberations start. I light my blue candle in the morning and take it with me wherever I go in the house... Today I am mowing the lawn so it will come out with me... I am praying that they will take whatever time they need to find her guilty of M1. Hugs to all and hang in there!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChiChi8773