a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes...hope so as well. My feelings today (at the end of full 2 days)...not looking good considering the facts of "this" case. Honestly, it is complete lunacy. Yes, I know...the jury doesn't know all we know, but even with what they do know...what/who is holding things up?? I would prefer a hung jury to some stupid compromise verdict, spare society at large on that one. Mark my words, Jodi Arias is dangerous, if not today, tomorrow.

I really hope that if there are one or two "hold outs" that the ones with brains say no, no compromise, we'll hang. No more lowering to the lowest common denominator. Enough already. Stupidity be damned.

I would hate a hung jury but would prefer that at least, there would be an opportunity for justice to be served. Let her wait it out another 1,2, 3 years...The second time around usually hits home base. Much better than her hanging out with KC.

moo

I continue to have unwavering faith in this jury for a Murder 1 conviction and the Death Penalty.

FAITH

I want to write about faith,
spacer.gif
about the way the moon rises
spacer.gif
over cold snow, night after night,

faithful even as it fades from fullness,
spacer.gif
slowly becoming that last curving and impossible
spacer.gif
sliver of light before the final darkness.

But I have no faith myself
spacer.gif
I refuse it even the smallest entry.

Let this then, my small poem,
spacer.gif
like a new moon, slender and barely open,
spacer.gif
be the first prayer that opens me to faith.

-- David Whyte

Hey guys and gals, quick assistance needed please. Down in chat with a new person and trying to explain the elephants and KCL. Many saved the first post and reposted many times, can someone do again now so I can paste in chat downstairs please.

Thanks!!!!!!!!

Respectfully snipped by me.

As to your question on murder 2...it carries a sentence of only 10 to 22 years.

She could be out in 14 or 15 years with time served, even if she gets the maximum. BK said they have to serve 85% of their sentence.

That would not be a just sentence for the heinous crime she committed, IMO.
This last weekend I watched a California man on 48 Hours get almost exactly what you described.

He was tried for murder 1.

Convicted of murder 2.

Sentenced to 15 years.

Eligible for parole in 12 years -- or 80%.

I really hope that if there are one or two "hold outs" that the ones with brains say no, no compromise, we'll hang. No more lowering to the lowest common denominator. Enough already. Stupidity be damned.

I would hate a hung jury but would prefer that at least, there would be an opportunity for justice to be served. Let her wait it out another 1,2, 3 years...The second time around usually hits home base. Much better than her hanging out with KC.

moo

The crazier the defendant the longer the deliberation:

Jury deliberations for William Bonin (the highway killer) were 6 days but he got the death penalty!! Jury out 9 days for Charles Manson but also DP!

My answer to how the family is doing is this:

You can't have a testimony without a test.

Respectfully snipped by me.

As to your question on murder 2...it carries a sentence of only 10 to 22 years.

She could be out in 14 or 15 years with time served, even if she gets the maximum. BK said they have to serve 85% of their sentence.

That would not be a just sentence for the heinous crime she committed, IMO.

Does Arizona give the good time?

The crazier the defendant the longer the deliberation:

Jury deliberations for William Bonin (the highway killer) were 6 days but he got the death penalty!! Jury out 9 days for Charles Manson but also DP!

The death penalty seems to be a worthless punishment. Charles Manson still alive, what a waste!

Someone help me out here...I DO NOT listen to Jean C. Ever. She, IMO, is...how do I say this? Full of it.

What is she saying about Maureen and Housewife? What's the drama (or Jean's imagined drama)?

TIA!

My3Sons - I'll tell you exactly what she said. Well, not exactly, but this is pretty darn near close! She said (talking to Nancy Grace),
"I saw 5 jurors go out on a break. Then I saw the one that looks like Jodi's mom come out of the jury room huffing and puffing and looking defiant! She then came back with a blonde juror and had that same look of defiance on her face as she went back into the jury room. The blonde juror then wiped her forward as if to say, 'Whew! Time for another round,' and went back in. To me, it looked like this juror was getting ready to do battle again."

Now, I'm not exactly sure about the phrasing on that last sentence, but it's pretty close. She said the blonde juror looked exhausted and bucking herself back up for another round.

Then JC and NG (nancy grace) got into a talk about how it sure looks there is a bad time going on in the jury room. Like the "defiant" one is going to just stick to her guns...

What REALLY TICKED ME OFF (sorry for the caps) is the way JC was embellishing this..As if it's a GOOD thing this woman is huffing and puffing and causing problems! It made me sick! Like she enjoys the drama. It was a horrible thing to put out there, IMHO! And if it's NOT true, it's PURE EVIL! I can tell you she caused MAJOR stress on everybody with these few sentences. You can tell she meant to say, without coming out and saying it, the jury is DEADLOCKED! Already hung! That's what she meant to convey.

Well, I FREAKED! I always said three days deliberation (although I would have needed five minutes), but keep telling everybody to stay strong and not worry. The wave JC caused....it went around the world.

I will also say, and forgive my french, but JC looked like sh**! She looked horrible.

I am so glad to come here and read the "reality". There is NO way this jury would walk out together, go on breaks, laugh as they're leaving IF there was horrible tension or a split. I just can't see laughing as the door is opened. The tension would be on their face. And from today, I saw Katie, PASA, and Beth say they looked relaxed and OK.

I'm upset at myself too. I haven't listened to JC for months now. I remember her directly contradicting herself in two shows on the same topic. I just happened to be coming into my room when she was saying it. I cursed as soon as I saw it, but like a train wreck, you can't look away. :(

Sorry for long explanation, but as you can tell, another gentlemen posted here too about the same comments by JC. It has made a disaster for many tonight! I can't emphasize that enough.

One more thought. It is the nature of the mind to try and solve problems. Right now, this moment is an unsolvable riddle.

It is the nature of the heart to *know*.

I'm going to spend the rest of my evening feeding my heart.

And dropping in to that place of *knowing*.

I believe. That's what I'm feeding.

The death penalty seems to be a worthless punishment. Charles Manson still alive, what a waste!

pasted from Wikipedia
Manson's death sentence was automatically commuted to life imprisonment when a 1972 decision by the Supreme Court of California temporarily eliminated the state's death penalty.[6] California's eventual reinstatement of capital punishment did not affect Manson, who is currently incarcerated at Corcoran State Prison.

JUSTICE for TRAVIS & family is coming....HAVE FAITH!!

I figure if The Alexander's have faith I have no right not to...JMO

Posting finally from Poland and see, still no verdict :( It's beautiful here, having a lovely time. Had some real weiner schnitzel yesterday, and it was delicious. It's not a hotdog.

Anyway, I think I am at peace with whatever the decision is going to be at this point. I think she deserves the death penalty and hope the murder one voters are holding strong and unwavering. I wonder what those four jurors that were laughing together are thinking. Sounds like they are lined up together, but for which side? I have to admit I am having my doubts but that's normalto be pretty crazy to not see the premeditation here but who knows? I hope I am wrong. I feel overall pretty confident in how the jury feels about Jodi, but what if those one or two are able to get the rest to negotiate to murder two? I agree, I'd rather a hung jury than something like that. Tomorrow is another day and another day closer to a verdict. I can't stand this not knowing what's going to happen. :(

Also, Jean C has already all but admitted that she is paid to say thing for drama. She's a pot stirrer. She tends to embellish things and you can sometimes feel Beth practically rolling her eyes at her.

pasted from Wikipedia
Manson's death sentence was automatically commuted to life imprisonment when a 1972 decision by the Supreme Court of California temporarily eliminated the state's death penalty.[6] California's eventual reinstatement of capital punishment did not affect Manson, who is currently incarcerated at Corcoran State Prison.

JUSTICE for TRAVIS & family is coming....HAVE FAITH!!

I figure if The Alexander's have faith I have no right not to...JMO

As long as JA doesn't ever get out I'm fine with that :) I'm staying 110% positive the jury will convict 1st degree and until I hear otherwise directly from the jurors no-one is gonna break my faith!! ♥

My3Sons - I'll tell you exactly what she said. Well, not exactly, but this is pretty darn near close! She said (talking to Nancy Grace),
"I saw 5 jurors go out on a break. Then I saw the one that looks like Jodi's mom come out of the jury room huffing and puffing and looking defiant! She then came back with a blonde juror and had that same look of defiance on her face as she went back into the jury room. The blonde juror then wiped her forward as if to say, 'Whew! Time for another round,' and went back in. To me, it looked like this juror was getting ready to do battle again."

Now, I'm not exactly sure about the phrasing on that last sentence, but it's pretty close. She said the blonde juror looked exhausted and bucking herself back up for another round.

Then JC and NG (nancy grace) got into a talk about how it sure looks there is a bad time going on in the jury room. Like the "defiant" one is going to just stick to her guns...

What REALLY TICKED ME OFF (sorry for the caps) is the way JC was embellishing this..As if it's a GOOD thing this woman is huffing and puffing and causing problems! It made me sick! Like she enjoys the drama. It was a horrible thing to put out there, IMHO! And if it's NOT true, it's PURE EVIL! I can tell you she caused MAJOR stress on everybody with these few sentences. You can tell she meant to say, without coming out and saying it, the jury is DEADLOCKED! Already hung! That's what she meant to convey.

Well, I FREAKED! I always said three days deliberation (although I would have needed five minutes), but keep telling everybody to stay strong and not worry. The wave JC caused....it went around the world.

I will also say, and forgive my french, but JC looked like sh**! She looked horrible.

I am so glad to come here and read the "reality". There is NO way this jury would walk out together, go on breaks, laugh as they're leaving IF there was horrible tension or a split. I just can't see laughing as the door is opened. The tension would be on their face. And from today, I saw Katie, PASA, and Beth say they looked relaxed and OK.

I'm upset at myself too. I haven't listened to JC for months now. I remember her directly contradicting herself in two shows on the same topic. I just happened to be coming into my room when she was saying it. I cursed as soon as I saw it, but like a train wreck, you can't look away. :(

Sorry for long explanation, but as you can tell, another gentlemen posted here too about the same comments by JC. It has made a disaster for many tonight! I can't emphasize that enough.

Me thinks Jean makes things up as she goes. I heard her describe 3 different accounts of the same story. First, she told Vinnie about Juror 16 and 2 male Jurors leaving the deliberation room. Then, she described to JVM how Juror 16 was "walking defiantly" and stomping all the way to the elevator. Now, she threw Juror 3 in the mix.

I guess JA's fog is contagious.

Don't apologize- thank you!!
HLN is making a big mistake with the Jenkasaurus! Let's hope for her extinction from our air waves.

I haven't listened to JC for months now. I remember her directly contradicting herself in two shows on the same topic. I just happened to be coming into my room when she was saying it. I cursed as soon as I saw it, but like a train wreck, you can't look away. :(

Me thinks Jean makes things up as she goes. I heard her describe 3 different accounts of the same story. First, she told Vinnie about Juror 16 and 2 male Jurors leaving the deliberation room. Then, she described to JVM how Juror 16 was "walking defiantly" and stomping all the way to the elevator. Now, she threw Juror 3 in the mix.

I guess JA's fog is contagious.

Me thinks you are 100% right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This last weekend I watched a California man on 48 Hours get almost exactly what you described.

He was tried for murder 1.

Convicted of murder 2.

Sentenced to 15 years.

Eligible for parole in 12 years -- or 80%.

:eek:

My family and I live in California!

(But... It doesn't surprise me... :waiting: )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FormerSoldier