a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, Sleuth13! I really needed to read this and to be reminded to remember these other trials you mention, and how long those jurors deliberated!
I know we're all in the same boat here, all of us wanting justice for Travis and his family and wanting to hear those words, "Guilty of 1st degree murder"! If there was ever someone that truely deserves the DP, it's the monster who murdered Travis.
My prayers continue for Travis' family, friends, and this jury.

~Justice for Travis~

Good things come to those who wait ;)

Patience is a virtue,
With which we'll never part.
God has Travis in his keeping,
We have him in our heart.

Team Travis.... Team Alexander.... Team Websleuths

I adore Beth Karas. Again she is the voice of reason. HLN should focus on her and not Jane Velez Mitchell.

As this day of waiting closes, I am so thrilled to hear reports of JA in the basement holding cell with nothing to entertain her. When I was a bailiff and we were in the deliberation phase the D was kept in the holding cell off the courtroom. It was icky! I mean smelly and boring and she will be getting NO attention like her days in the courtroom. Just picturing her there makes me smile. Really smile.

See you all here tomorrow for another day of Jury Watch. And KCL, I do have faith!!!!!!

As this day of waiting closes, I am so thrilled to hear reports of JA in the basement holding cell with nothing to entertain her. When I was a bailiff and we were in the deliberation phase the D was kept in the holding cell off the courtroom. It was icky! I mean smelly and boring and she will be getting NO attention like her days in the courtroom. Just picturing her there makes me smile. Really smile.

See you all here tomorrow for another day of Jury Watch. And KCL, I do have faith!!!!!!

I totally agree. I was happy to hear that she is not allowed drawing and reading materials down in that dank basement (at least I hope it is dank). The more unhappy she is, the better I like it. It is so debasing.

:bdsong:

Happy Birthday to Steven! Continuing to pray for justice and comfort for the
Family..."Fear not for I am with thee". We have seen miracles today and I am confident truth will prevail! I have to go to wrk for a few hours but I will be praying!
:please:

Maybe Travis just did not want his brother to have to relive this trial every year on his birthday.

Katie saw the jurors on their way out - again they looked relaxed and chatty and smiles- casual conversation

I am debating taking a huge leap of faith and leaving my computer here at home when I leave for the airport tomorrow morning. I don't want this to take away from my trip. what to do... what to do?

I am debating taking a huge leap of faith and leaving my computer here at home when I leave for the airport tomorrow morning. I don't want this to take away from my trip. what to do... what to do?

Dear friend, Travis would want you to go and have a full , happy trip. The verdict will be replayed ten thousand times, from soup to nuts. You will be able to see every second of it, when you are ready. Meanwhile, in Travis' honor, be happy and enjoy your trip. I think this is the best tribute to Travis who blogged he wanted everyone to live each and every moment to the fullest, smell the roses, to breathe in the fresh air and be glad of it. Take pictures, be happy!!!!! Hugs.

I think Chris Hughes said it best, do not let Jodi Arias have one more minute of your life, do not give her that power, be released from this completely or else the evil wins. Go on the trip, and let your light shine in memory of dear Travis. I say these things to you in the name of Jesus Christ.

Katie saw the jurors on their way out - again they looked relaxed and chatty and smiles- casual conversation

JC described one of the jurors as looking as JA's mom who looked somber walking back into the deliberation after the break. Who do you think she is talking about?

Also, would you prefer a hung jury over the jury coming back with a murder 2 verdict as a way to compromise if there really are factions in the jury? I cant imagine what a 2nd trial would do to the Alexander family, but i wonder what their thoughts on that would be. I just wouldn't want to give JA any hope/satisfaction that she fooled the jury - it would just feed her ego, but at the same time i really feel like anything less than murder 1 would be a travesty of justice. THoughts?

Lastly, Is it possible to get life without parole in AZ if she was convicted of Murder2?

Follow your heart Frigga. Maybe you could take it, and "occasionally" check for updates. Don't spoil your vacation, I know I would take mine, especially after you have so much time invested in this trial.

Hawaii is special. It seems like to me Travis was about enjoying life and living it. So live your life and enjoy your well earned vacation. I'm sure your room will have a TV and you can check in occasionally for an update.

Hi Frigga,

my vote is take your puter (or something) with you. I know I would go into super-high anxiety mode if I knew I couldn't use mine if needed.

Kinda like trying to quit smoking - but just knowing you have a pack on the dashboard of the car, - lets you relax.

But, jmo.

Enjoy your vacation!! Youtube is here whenever you need it. Where ever you go, a computer is nearby, just ask. When waiting for the Drew Peterson verdict, I was away at Sam's Club and the eye exam department put their computer on for me.

Have a wonderful time!!!!

I just hope the family is doing okay and staying strong. I wish I could hug them all.

Would just love to choke Jean C from HLN! (just kidding) But honestly! This woman went into DETAIL about how one juror "looks like Jodi's Mother (is this woman for real) was seen huffing and puffing all "DEFIANT" out of the jury's room and back into it with a blonde woman juror. Jean LOVED telling this story and making it seem like the jury is divided!

Made me sick to my stomach. So I come on here and see Katie says they were all laughing and joking and chit chatting. WTH, Jean? It truly made my stomach turn.

Katie, did you see this woman huffing and puffing, being deviant with a blonde woman. She also said the blonde juror rubbed her forehead before going back in as if to say, "Whoo, here I go. Another round!"

:(

Sparrow
Thank you, for anyone who can clarify on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member