a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ooooh, Carolina Moon I am so excited for you. Are you from Norway? Have you been before?

My entire Dad's side of the family is scattered around Oslo and Sweden. My dad came here at 19 for some military training, went back to Norway where my sister was born 17 months before me, then came back to the states (permanently) around the time I was born in Colorado. He is the only child in his family here.

We still have the farm my grandmother was born on, a cabin in a town called Flisa, near Finnskogen (Finnforest) my family has owned since the early 1900's and the apartment in Oslo my grandparents lived in before they passed away.

Have an amazing time... it is magical and wonderful there.

My husband and I at some point are going to do the Hurtigruten cruise up the coast from Oslo to the northern tip of Norway for the Northern lights and then a train trip back to Oslo- magnificent. My husbands family is from Sweden.

We will have verdict and peace well before then! Have fun!

Well, the eye doctor appointment didn't work!

My grandfather's parents were Swedish and Norweigian. My mother's mom was from Finland. This is my first European cruise and my first visit to Norway.

:bdsong:

Happy Birthday to Steven! Continuing to pray for justice and comfort for the
Family..."Fear not for I am with thee". We have seen miracles today and I am confident truth will prevail! I have to go to wrk for a few hours but I will be praying!
:please:

KCL I just saw you on TV talking about the donations with Beth Karas! Very spiffy!

Thank you so much! I printed this just now. It is so demonstrative, of how the family feels about their brother, there is nothing temporary about it. It is forever.
Travis lives on, larger than life, in millions of people's hearts, all over the world. Long after the blue bands are put in the dresser drawer, Steven's band is perpetual.

I LOVE IT. I love him, and the quiet dignity the entire family shows, every day.
Love, love, love this family!

Thank you Katie and A News Junkie

Happy Birthday and Justice Day Steven Alexander! You are America's brother now.

Thanks Katie!! Love the pic of you girls I know you are ready for what's coming and am glad you can be in court. Blessings to you, The Alexander family, friends, supporters, Juan and all court staff, Det. Flores and all LE.

Arizona revised statutes Ttitle 13 criminal code section 13-752
Sentences of death, life impriisonment or natural life imposition, sentencing procedures, definitions

Excerpt:

C. If the trier of fact finds the defendant guilty of first degree murder, the trier of fact shall then immediately determine whether one or more alleged aggravating circumstances have been proven. This proceeding is the aggravation phase of the sentencing proceeding.

http://law.onecle.com/arizona/criminal-code/13-752.html

DT :seeya:

Thgis is really OT Dawn but everytime I look at the clock you have posted it reminds me of Jodies arse:floorlaugh::floorlaugh: Have I been watching this trial too much??:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Thanks Katie!! Love the pic of you girls I know you are ready for what's coming and am glad you can be in court. Blessings to you, The Alexander family, friends, supporters, Juan and all court staff, Det. Flores and all LE.

Arizona revised statutes Ttitle 13 criminal code section 13-752
Sentences of death, life impriisonment or natural life imposition, sentencing procedures, definitions

Excerpt:

C. If the trier of fact finds the defendant guilty of first degree murder, the trier of fact shall then immediately determine whether one or more alleged aggravating circumstances have been proven. This proceeding is the aggravation phase of the sentencing proceeding.

http://law.onecle.com/arizona/criminal-code/13-752.html

DT :seeya:

Dawn everytime I see the clock you have posted in bottom L it reminds of Jodies arse:floorlaugh::floorlaugh: Have I been watching this trial too much???:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

With Travis' friends yesterday!

Okay KCL, now I am jealous. :facepalm: All of these hunks surrounding you, and you are eating it up. :floorlaugh: What a true badass you are. Travis' friends are so remarkable, and deserve nothing but the best that life has to offer. I feel so bad for all of them, but justice will come soon. I hear that it is Steven's birthday, and I pray he gets the best gift ever... :drumroll: :drumroll:GUILTY, MURDER ONE.
Happy Birthday wishes sent to him.

For a person I never knew, I will never forget Travis. He has touched my life. I am thankful for getting to "know" him and his family. That he touched so many lives in his short few years is a testament to him. I would say to Travis that we all are sorry for how his life ended, but his memory lives on.

I feel the same way. Travis was a good man who would have impacted so many people in a positive way. God was only able to give him to us for for such a short time and then called him home. And like so many of us, I'm missing someone I never knew. He will never feel pain again and for that we can all be thankful. Justice for Travis and God Speed to the 12 who can deliver it.

I am not saying this jury is vindictive or anything, but they could be thinking that THEY were made to wait so long and got sent home early so many times, left for hours in the jury room at times, etc. etc. that they will get back at the process by taking their sweet time and making the court wait for them for a change!! Just a weird idea I had, probably not true at all!

Thank you so much! I printed this just now. It is so demonstrative, of how the family feels about their brother, there is nothing temporary about it. It is forever.
Travis lives on, larger than life, in millions of people's hearts, all over the world. Long after the blue bands are put in the dresser drawer, Steven's band is perpetual.

I LOVE IT. I love him, and the quiet dignity the entire family shows, every day.
Love, love, love this family!

Thank you Katie and A News Junkie

Happy Birthday and Justice Day Steven Alexander! You are America's brother now.

I love that - "AMERICA'S BROTHER"!! He most certainly is :) ♥

My prediction...It is the loner who is holding out...:banghead:

Mine too, can feel it from the description from observers. Once in awhile you'll get some idiot calling in to HLN saying well Nurmi said why didn't she do it sooner yada yada
There's a pity person in there debating and holding rational people up. Also makes me sick that people send JA money for her commissary like they did with CA. Who the h$l* does this kind of thing? How do people think? What makes them tick? :stormingmad:

She is too inappropriate for words. Such audacity coming from someone sitting on trial for their life. And that dark expression on her face when she's doing this is telling as well. This shows exactly how her mind works, what she's thinking at that moment, and just how dangerous she can be.

Gives me the chills, makes me so angry and that jury is having a hard time making a decision? :banghead:

I am not saying this jury is vindictive or anything, but they could be thinking that THEY were made to wait so long and got sent home early so many times, left for hours in the jury room at times, etc. etc. that they will get back at the process by taking their sweet time and making the court wait for them for a change!! Just a weird idea I had, probably not true at all!

You could be right as the trial delayed for so many stupid reasons I often thought if I was a juror, I would have left. I felt they showed the jury little respect if you add up the time it took for ALL the unnecessary side bar, the DT drawling out their case. Can we approach judge, sure !! Every 2 mins. all to get one up on the other is all it was many times.
Then they only were in court 4 days a week, 1 1/2 hr. lunches, My Gawd.
But on the other hand it seems like they were too patient a jury. So it makes me wonder if they aren't in slow mo themselves.
About time for real justice for TA and his poor family. :please:

http://youtu.be/tXpvXQvWqVo
43 minute mark, some JM in rare form, to hold you over

man, he is goooooooood

No matter what answer she gives he is ten steps ahead of her
She is playing checkers , he is playing a master's game of chess.

Law students, watch and learn.

Heading back to the courthouse now after lunch- avoiding the media - sneaking in a side way

Heading back to the courthouse now after lunch- avoiding the media - sneaking in a side way

Hey KCL...

I heard they were calling you from the Jury Room...

They need your help...

they can't find the pens to to sign the docs!

It seems Jodi stole them all!

:giggle:

Hey KCL...

I heard they were calling you from the Jury Room...

They need your help...

they can't find the pens to to sign the docs!

It seems Jodi stole them all!

:giggle:

Yes I'm headed over right there now with my checking in service ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member