a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

RBM

Sorry, websurfer, can't go with you there. It has to be 100% death penalty for me. As I've said before, I've felt sick at my stomach since yesterday because of the delay in an immediate DP verdict in this case.

I am so upset to think this evil person will ever be allowed to live. I pray that there will be Justice For Travis, and I don't want to be negative, but I was certain this case was a slam dunk.

I cannot bear to think of that evil woman living another day, but sad to say, even with the death penalty, she will live another 10 to 15 years, what with all the appeals, etc. I wish death meant death right away, not 10 years from now.

Oh wow! Happy Birthday Steven would be justice for his beloved brother!

CANNOT wait to hear how the jurors are 'dressed' today!

Frigga, you may have already heard this, but they just said that one of the male jurors was just seen wearing shorts!! Makes me think differently about this being "dress up" day!! JMO

If they have a guilty verdict they know they will move right to the aggravation phase, so no need to dress up.

Dear Steven Alexander, so today is your birthday. I'm sure each birthday that has passed since your brother's death has been horrible for you and your family. All of us here at Websleuths have been so impressed with you and your family and your deportment in court. I salute and commend you all for your silent strength. What a beautiful family you all are.

Perhaps today your birthday will be celebrated with the verdict we all want. Remember, Travis is smiling and embracing all of you.

Happy Birthday Steven and may God be with you :heartbeat:

4Jacy

Hoping today is the day for Justice for Travis and his family!God Bless them for all they have endured in that court room.They are all amazing! I will never forget Travis or his family or my Websleuths family who shared so much keeping us all in the loop with fantastic court room descriptions making us all a part of getting Justice for Travis!

Happy Birthday Steven!

Hi Everyone,

Spent the day downtown near the courthouse all afternoon waiting for a verdict. Hung out some with the Hughes twins and Dave Hall (who I called a "naughty Mormon" and he agreed! lol). Then ended up at the rooftop hanging out til Katie and team came over to tell us they saw the jury leave together , all animated and chatty and in to the elevator all together and left for the day.

That combined with them requesting to come in later at 10 lead me to think it's likely they've reached a verdict and maybe are taking one night for everyone to sleep on it and then announce tomorrow (hopefully after the time I get down there ;) ).who

I'm so brain dead right now not sure I'm even making sense! Sorry!

Spent some time tonite with some of the Alexander siblings who are all in good spirits and feeling confident and also thinking a verdict is likely coming in tomorrow. GUILTY of course of FIRST DEGREE!

I heard we will have an hour to get there...so fingers crossed I will make it as I may have a seat in the courtroom to hear it. :D I do think JM will start his aggravation phase right after the verdict is read. I doubt they will wait...so I will likely get in for that in the pm. I hope so!

Nite nite...........I'm so sleepy might just fall asleep in this chair right now.

:eek:fftobed:

Fingers X'ed for you! After the journey you have been on, I think it would be a shame, if you couldn't be in the courtroom when the GUILTY verdict is read. So I hope you do have a seat!

Frigga, you may have already heard this, but they just said that one of the male jurors was just seen wearing shorts!! Makes me think differently about this being "dress up" day!! JMO
Local news guy on twitter said doesn't mean much.. people wear shorts to fancy restaurants in Phoenix.

Local news guy on twitter said doesn't mean much.. people wear shorts to fancy restaurants in Phoenix.

The inference was that they might dress up today for verdict day, because they can then be in front of the cameras for the first time today, thus wanting to be dressed nice.

The inference was that they might dress up today for verdict day, because they can then be in front of the cameras for the first time today, thus wanting to be dressed nice.
Will they be in front of the cameras when they deliver a verdict or after the penalty phase?

Well, I was getting all tense and thinking that today might be the day...but after reading the post by mikeysmommom, I think I'll just breathe in and out and take it as it comes. (I'm still hopeful though, for a G1DP verdict today!)

I live near Portland and very rarely see people really dressed up for anything. Being from L.A. originally I noted that difference immediately. You can make reservations for a very nice restaurant up here and see people in shorts and jeans. In L.A. that would be rare. It's VERY casual up here. So I don't feel like the jurors clothes can predict what's going on.

I agree that just seeing one juror with shorts on is nothing to base anything upon. My son lives in Phoenix and I live a bit south of Phoenix, and we see people dressed very, very casually all the time, especially in the summer.

Will they be in front of the cameras when they deliver a verdict or after the penalty phase?

If they are going straight into another phase they can't give interviews right? Then why would they dress up? Just wondering too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EmmaJean