a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't that be wonderful.

It will be interesting to see if the jurors arrive Tuesday all dressed up -- e.g., business casual.

That used to be considered an indication that they are ready to render a verdict and know they will likely be on camera.

This is just idle speculation on my part as we all anxiously wait for this to unfold.

I would like to see the jurors, after they issue the DP and are relieved from their duties officially by JSS, walk outside and ask the family for blue ribbons for each of them. :twocents:

Hi everyone,

Although I have been glued to websleuths throughout this trial reading your wonderful comments and observations, I only signed up today and this is my first post. I just wanted to say that I am so glad there is a place like this where everyone can come in and respectfully comment on the trial. I have to say that this trial has been emotionally draining for me. My heart breaks every time I think of how much Travis suffered before he died, and how incredibly hurt his family and friends must be. Beyond comprehension for me as I have never, and hope will never, experience such tragedy. It's unbelievable how despicable "IT" is in every way imaginable. She slaughtered him and, not satisfied with that, she has tried to slaughter his good name. She is a waste of space and deserves the death penalty. If anyone deserves it, it is her!

Katiecoollady, Pasa, My3sons, and everyone else who has been so nice to post your observations here: THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! I think I would have gone nuts without having read some of the inside scoop of what the cameras in the courtroom could not catch. :tyou:

I did nothing but think of the jury deliberations today during work. I have been a nervous wreck all day, as I can see so many of you have. At least I am not alone. It is amazing how this trial has affected so many of us who never had the pleasure to meet Travis.

I have to admit I'm more nervous now that they didnt reach a verdict today. This is as premeditated as it gets and there is just so much evidence. But I can see the jurors wanting to got through so much evidence to make sure they are making the right decision. It also gives me a little hope that they are starting an hour later tomorrow. Makes it seem like they already reached a verdict late today, and decided to think through it tonight, come in a little late tomorrow to just render it (or at least that is what I'm hoping is happening!)

I totally agree Duni Girl. You said it all.

I, too, am a brand new member, and you expressed my feelings to a "T".

:welcome6: Welcome to you both! :greetings: :welcome:

Hi Everyone,

Spent the day downtown near the courthouse all afternoon waiting for a verdict. Hung out some with the Hughes twins and Dave Hall (who I called a "naughty Mormon" and he agreed! lol). Then ended up at the rooftop hanging out til Katie and team came over to tell us they saw the jury leave together , all animated and chatty and in to the elevator all together and left for the day.

That combined with them requesting to come in later at 10 lead me to think it's likely they've reached a verdict and maybe are taking one night for everyone to sleep on it and then announce tomorrow (hopefully after the time I get down there ;) ).who

I'm so brain dead right now not sure I'm even making sense! Sorry!

Spent some time tonite with some of the Alexander siblings who are all in good spirits and feeling confident and also thinking a verdict is likely coming in tomorrow. GUILTY of course of FIRST DEGREE!

I heard we will have an hour to get there...so fingers crossed I will make it as I may have a seat in the courtroom to hear it. :D I do think JM will start his aggravation phase right after the verdict is read. I doubt they will wait...so I will likely get in for that in the pm. I hope so!

Nite nite...........I'm so sleepy might just fall asleep in this chair right now.

:eek:fftobed:

Websleuths 4jayhawks and the rest of the gang on the rooftop

(frame effects NOT done by me)

I am curious and hope someone here can answer.. probably will feel stupid but here goes... on the court history below, there is nothing listed for 5/6 but three listings for today. Any ideas why? Skips from 5/3 to today.

Case Documents Filing Date Description Docket Date Filing Party 5/7/2013 012 - ME: Trial 5/7/2013 5/7/2013 012 - ME: Trial 5/7/2013 5/7/2013 012 - ME: Trial 5/7/2013 5/3/2013 023 - ME: Order Entered By Court 5/3/2013

Hi Everyone,

Spent the day downtown near the courthouse all afternoon waiting for a verdict. Hung out some with the Hughes twins and Dave Hall (who I called a "naughty Mormon" and he agreed! lol). Then ended up at the rooftop hanging out til Katie and team came over to tell us they saw the jury leave together , all animated and chatty and in to the elevator all together and left for the day.

That combined with them requesting to come in later at 10 lead me to think it's likely they've reached a verdict and maybe are taking one night for everyone to sleep on it and then announce tomorrow (hopefully after the time I get down there ;) ).who

I'm so brain dead right now not sure I'm even making sense! Sorry!

Spent some time tonite with some of the Alexander siblings who are all in good spirits and feeling confident and also thinking a verdict is likely coming in tomorrow. GUILTY of course of FIRST DEGREE!

I heard we will have an hour to get there...so fingers crossed I will make it as I may have a seat in the courtroom to hear it. :D I do think JM will start his aggravation phase right after the verdict is read. I doubt they will wait...so I will likely get in for that in the pm. I hope so!

Nite nite...........I'm so sleepy might just fall asleep in this chair right now.

:eek:fftobed:

Wow starting aggravation phase immediately after the verdict is read? That just sounds so unlike this court. I expected they would take at least a couple of days off.

I would like to see the jurors, after they issue the DP and are relieved from their duties officially by JSS, walk outside and ask the family for blue ribbons for each of them. :twocents:

I posted earlier that I would like the jury to come in and read the verdict, each one of them with a venti STRAWBERRY FRAPPUCINO in hand. Just to rub it in her face. Ah well, wishful thinking.

Wow starting aggravation phase immediately after the verdict is read? That just sounds so unlike this court. I expected they would take at least a couple of days off.

Per Beth Karas who talked to JM he's ready to start immediately- could be his afternoon if a verdict this am

All right, peeps, I'm going to take the brunt of waiting from you. Having seen every moment of the trial and sat at home all day yesterday on tenterhooks, I have to go to a crucial eye appointment at the exact time the jury is due back. Under normal conditions, I would have rescheduled, but there are no openings until the middle of June. At that time, I will be somewhere along the Norwegian coast, enjoying the fjords. I sure want to get the scar tissue from around one of my lens implants zapped so I can see everything perfectly!

This is a virtual guarantee that the verdict will come in today!

Today is Stephen Alexander's Birthday ! What a wonderful day for a Verdict !! Happy Birthday Stephen! God Bless you and your family today and always.

Today is Stephen Alexander's Birthday ! What a wonderful day for a Verdict !! Happy Birthday Stephen! God Bless you and your family today and always.

A big ditto to your post. Happy Birthday Steven. Hope the verdict is the present you are longing for.

Hey KCL just got back from a short mission in Afghanistan. I wanted to let you know you have a twin, a sweet lady who I worked with over there, and I began calling her KCL.

My DH kept me informed of the trial since I have been gone and wanted me to thankyou for your dedication and courtroom information.

Just to let everyone know in talking with troops stationed in Afghan and even the Afghan interpreters sp? (brain is a little foggy) Jodi Arias has gone international. She is hated for sure all over the world!

Love you KCL and thanks to PASA and Katie for the dedication and support for the Alexander Family. JUSTICE FOR TRAVIS!

I am curious and hope someone here can answer.. probably will feel stupid but here goes... on the court history below, there is nothing listed for 5/6 but three listings for today. Any ideas why? Skips from 5/3 to today.

Case Documents Filing Date Description Docket Date Filing Party 5/7/2013 012 - ME: Trial 5/7/2013 5/7/2013 012 - ME: Trial 5/7/2013 5/7/2013 012 - ME: Trial 5/7/2013 5/3/2013 023 - ME: Order Entered By Court 5/3/2013

This is OT but isn't it wonderful 3 missing girls found alive after 10 years. Thank you Jesus...is there a forum on this:clap:

Hey KCL just got back from a short mission in Afghanistan. I wanted to let you know you have a twin, a sweet lady who I worked with over there, and I began calling her KCL.

My DH kept me informed of the trial since I have been gone and wanted me to thankyou for your dedication and courtroom information.

Just to let everyone know in talking with troops stationed in Afghan and even the Afghan interpreters sp? (brain is a little foggy) Jodi Arias has gone international. She is hated for sure all over the world!

Love you KCL and thanks to PASA and Katie for the dedication and support for the Alexander Family. JUSTICE FOR TRAVIS!

Thank you for your service to our country, pro bowl!!!!

Sending up prayers for a fast Murder 1 Verdict for Steven Alexander's birthday present!!

I feel peaceful--the decision has already been made and it's good.

this trial has been long, so the jury has a lot of bantering to do about all they have heard and seen,some may be for JA some against. Hard to guess why it would take more time or less time to give their verdict.
I at least hope for LWP

Thank you so much for this post! You Vets have a very special place in my heart. I also salute your husband for keeping you in the loop. This post really touches me...thank you so much. Is my twin over there a "bad *advertiser censored*"? ;)

xoxo thank you for this

Thank you so much for this post! You Vets have a very special place in my heart. I also salute your husband for keeping you in the loop. This post really touches me...thank you so much. Is my twin over there a "bad *advertiser censored*"? ;)

xoxo thank you for this

LOL! yes KCL she definitely is a "bad *advertiser censored*" we both are:rockon:

I was a jury member for a rape case a couple of years ago. I thought it was a slam dunk for the prosecution during the trial, and thought that the rest of the jurors were right with me (of course, we couldn’t talk about it until deliberations). Well, we get to the deliberation room, and lo and behold, two older ladies thought the man was innocent. I really thought that we would have it wrapped up within the hour. It got really dramatic and emotions ran high as these two ladies did not want to budge. One of the two was much more reasonable, and after going through the evidence with her, and then letting her reflect on her own for a while (while looking at the crime scene photos), she changed her vote for guilty. We had been there for a few hours and the last lady just gave in and told us she would vote guilty if that is what we wanted and so that we could leave. We took it! After we filled out the forms, we were much more relieved and were all on friendly terms and all. Kind of like how some described the jury members left the courtroom yesterday.

My point is that if there were one or two holdouts, it may have taken some time to turn them around. It wouldn’t surprise me if that was the case. I’m very hopeful today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stellrcellr