2024 Hurricane and Tropical Weather

Tropical Tidbits video.

Thursday video discussion on Invest #94L in the western Caribbean and Invest #95L in the central Atlantic. 95L could beocme a tropical storm and approach the Lesser Antilles early next week.

Tropical Storm Beryl has formed and interests in the Caribbean should monitor it. There's another wave behind it too.

Screenshot 2024-06-28 213913.png

From the NHC:

...DEPRESSION STRENGTHENS INTO TROPICAL STORM BERYL... ...EXPECTED TO STRENGTHEN INTO A HURRICANE AS IT APPROACHES THE WINDWARD ISLANDS...

11:00 PM AST Fri Jun 28
Moving: W at 18 mph
Min pressure: 1006 mb
Max sustained: 40 mph

National Hurricane Center

...BERYL EXPECTED TO BECOME A DANGEROUS MAJOR HURRICANE BEFORE REACHING THE WINDWARD ISLANDS...

2:00 PM AST Sat Jun 29
Moving: W at 23 mph
Min pressure: 998 mb
Max sustained: 65 mph
...BERYL IS NOW A HURRICANE AND FORECAST TO INTENSIFY QUICKLY......EXPECTED TO BRING LIFE-THREATENING WINDS AND STORM SURGE TO THE WINDWARD ISLANDS AS A MAJOR HURRICANE...

5:00 PM AST Sat Jun 29
Moving: W at 22 mph
Min pressure: 992 mb
Max sustained: 75 mph

Hurricane Beryl Forecast Discussion

203825_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

...RECONNAISSANCE AIRCRAFT FIND BERYL NOW AN EXTREMELY DANGEROUS CATEGORY 4 HURRICANE......LIFE-THREATENING WINDS AND STORM SURGE EXPECTED IN THE WINDWARD ISLANDS BEGINNING EARLY MONDAY MORNING...

11:35 AM AST Sun Jun 30
Moving: W at 21 mph
Min pressure: 962 mb
Max sustained: 130 mph

My youngest is headed to vet school in August, in West Indies Grenada where, according to their website,

St. George’s University is located in Grenada, just north of South America and below the path most hurricanes follow through the Caribbean.

Well, I guess Hurricane Beryl is blowing that concept right outta the water. So much for reassurances!!! I was thinking I wouldn't have to worry about storms much. Kiddo said today that they have everyone sheltering at the school.

1719788762223.png

From St George's University website:

Hurricanes: Grenada lies south of the typical path of Atlantic hurricanes, but hurricane conditions can occur. In the past 60 years, Grenada has only experienced one major hurricane. In 2004, a severe storm hit Grenada. However, the True Blue campus, built to withstand a Category 5 hurricane, was a safe haven for our students, staff, and faculty.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steck1
Back