IN IN - Bryson Muir, 14, *poss in danger*, Logansport, last seen leaving Ohio w/his mother, Kristen Muir, Servant Leader’s Foundation, 16 Jun '24

I'm wondering how things will play out (even beyond the most important aspect....Bryson's well-being). Surely LE now has to do a wellness check and check out things at the Straightway compound in Logansport. But considering the sovereign nation view of Straightway, LE will have to tread carefully to avoid violence. Apparently all members of the cult are trained to use automatic weapons and knives. (per the SI article)
Their (IMO) odd and dangerous beliefs coupled with a reported high probability that significant weapons are accessible to the “group/cult” is absolutely terrifying. We have all seen several of these types of situations go horribly wrong when confronted by LE and other agencies when they (the “group/cult”) don’t believe society’s rules pertain to them and they hold no reverence for the people/agencies responsible for enforcing the law and protecting society.

They should be removed from the home immediately! And probable cause...an injured and missing sibling. Can the police do this?
I hope Bryson is safe as well as the other kids.
I wonder how old his siblings are. (I believe he has 2 brothers.)
Bryson is over 6 feet tall at 14 years old. I wonder if Daniel was finding that a threat, as no doubt the teenager was 'flexing his muscles' and trying to figure out who he is.
Have any of the other siblings been abused? LE needs to find out.

And, since Daniel is the head of the Indiana 'chapter' of Straightview, is this a theme he has spread and allowed in the other families there in Logansport? Further investigation is needed for the other families as well.

Last edited:
Delete if not allowed! Pastor Dowell and straitway stand with Muir’s. There’s alot to take in. why so many guns? what’s the message there?

So if I understand what Dowell said there, it was basically:
- people rush to judgement (a fair point)
- we can't say anything because we don't know anything (and yet you support him)
- legal advisors say that Daniel Muir can't say anything
- we stand behind him in 100% support
- we don't believe that people will apologize when they find out they are wrong

My response: Where is Bryson?? Why aren't they cooperating with LE?? I'd be happy to apologize if we find out there is a valid reason for not presenting Bryson for a welfare check.

I am waiting to apologize. Nothing would make me happier.

ETA: and what is all of this talk about 'natural families', and the slam against them, mean? Does it mean that many people in the group aren't supported by their families because they have clearly joined a cult? I understand that many people don't have good families, but the fact that this group has a term for them (even though many of them might be good and well-meaning) tells me a lot.

Last edited:
As an aside, I've been regularly calling the group 'Straightway" or "Straightview", when the name is actually "Straitway".
My apologies.
(my memory is terrible!)

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member