a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
i do wonder that and i am still trying to wrap my head around it - did the experts go home and read everything and realize they were wrong, or did they go on the stand and say what they did because they are under the jodi spell and will just say what ever they need to get her acquitted - i just don't understand at all :(

:twocents::twocents::twocents:

My experience: In the beginning of one's career, read & watch "stuff" and REACT in private....further down the line, LEARN from the experience by sharing it with colleagues, READ & IMPROVE presentation techniques, and move on to the next (at least in my field) never-ending case.

The honest "expert" is NOT suppose to "doctor" the TRUTH, however he/she may present a secondary often conflicting opinion to another "expert". BUT as I quote my boss :floorlaugh:, "ya betta be able to stand by your opinion with FACTS."

:floorlaugh: PS: boss also says "STAY AWAY from the media, the camera adds 10 lbs & the recording subtracts I.Q. points!" :floorlaugh:

Horrible, horrible description of what murder is like. I never want to be so close as to know this. I am sorry but this is just awful! How does your mind even go there?!

I have to disagree about camping. I don't think she even intended to go. I thik that was a ruse. She was planning to kill Mimi for taking Travis away from her, and/or the Hughes for talking bad about her.

Reality. This case has resurrected repressed memories as a child of visiting a pig farm and watching the selection of a pig being separated from the rest of the pigs, hoisted up and slaughtered (neck wound). I won't go into the gruesome details, but it involved the sounds, sights, and horror of watching death happening right before me. It took time. And the farmer used a linoleum knife! The same tool my dad would use at home for cutting up linoleum when working on the floor. I was also made to try skinning a section of the fresh carcass, so I felt how warm it was. I refused to eat any of that poor little piggy.

When you buy a piece of meat at the store, it is cold or frozen. You are completely detached from the process and the source.

When I go to a museum, I don't just look at the paintings or sculptures. In my mind I am transported back to the painter as he is laying down each stroke, or the sculptor working on the form. Or, at an Egyptian exhibit, the slaves and artists creating the sarcophagus.

So when I am absorbed by a trial such as this, my mind attempts to see it from Travis' perspective, and then again from Jodi's.

I am also a creative writer and visual artist in my career, so that's just the way I roll. Like it or lump it. :seeya:

Nothing special or fancy - just inspired to create the ribbons surrounded by the blue light.

Here is my creation for today big:

Here is an avatar size - free for anyone to use that wants it. (save as gif not jpg)

or

Thank you for sharing the avatar. Hope it worked. I love this avatar.

Nothing special or fancy - just inspired to create the ribbons surrounded by the blue light.

Here is my creation for today big:

Here is an avatar size - free for anyone to use that wants it. (save as gif not jpg)

or

Thank you, ANJ!!! I love your graphics!

Did anyone else notice when everyone was standing for the Jury as they were heading back to start deliberations that JA made it a point to actually step around JW so she could stare them down as they walked out?? JW turned to talk to her and saw her standing there staring at them so she did the same. It made me feel like it was JA's last ditch effort to make eye contact with the people that will be deciding her future.

Her doing the Tebow pose just before that made me think it was finally hitting her that this is it!!!!!

Prayers for a just verdict. Justice for Travis! Peace and love for the Alexanders!

I was surprised by that comment too. I think it will only backfire on him. Too much sex talk nonsense and then sexual orientation of witnesses. Creeper!

I think the jury members knew exactly what Nurmi was referring to. My guess is that juror #5 got kicked off for saying something in regard to the sexual orientation of ALV, some of the jurors heard it and reported it to the judge when the judge was questioning the jurors individually after the DT complained about JM and his "fan club" in front of the courthouse. Remember, this happened all about the same time.

Nurmi knew what was said and that is why he mentioned it in his closing argument. Trying to make the jurors more receptive to all of ALyce's BS.

Guess what, Nurmi. It didn't work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:seeya:

I would LOVE if the jury, on Monday morning, asks to view one piece of evidence only- the clip where Jodi states "no jury will ever convict me", and then, immediately, let the judge know their verdict is ready- guilty!

Dancing around my living room in victory already for Travis' family. Fasting, full .....with hope!

I liked it.
Reality. This case has resurrected repressed memories as a child of visiting a pig farm and watching the selection of a pig being separated from the rest of the pigs, hoisted up and slaughtered (neck wound). I won't go into the gruesome details, but it involved the sounds, sights, and horror of watching death happening right before me. It took time. And the farmer used a linoleum knife! The same tool my dad would use at home for cutting up linoleum when working on the floor. I was also made to try skinning a section of the fresh carcass, so I felt how warm it was. I refused to eat any of that poor little piggy.

When you buy a piece of meat at the store, it is cold or frozen. You are completely detached from the process and the source.

When I go to a museum, I don't just look at the paintings or sculptures. In my mind I am transported back to the painter as he is laying down each stroke, or the sculptor working on the form. Or, at an Egyptian exhibit, the slaves and artists creating the sarcophagus.

So when I am absorbed by a trial such as this, my mind attempts to see it from Travis' perspective, and then again from Jodi's.

I am also a creative writer and visual artist in my career, so that's just the way I roll. Like it or lump it. :seeya:

Did anyone else notice when everyone was standing for the Jury as they were heading back to start deliberations that JA made it a point to actually step around JW so she could stare them down as they walked out?? JW turned to talk to her and saw her standing there staring at them so she did the same. It made me feel like it was JA's last ditch effort to make eye contact with the people that will be deciding her future.

Her doing the Tebow pose just before that made me think it was finally hitting her that this is it!!!!!

Prayers for a just verdict. Justice for Travis! Peace and love for the Alexanders!

I noticed that too! I'm happy to have read here that the jury doesn't look at her when they enter or leave the courtroom so her fake feel sorry for me face is for naught.

Does anyone know if the Vigil will be televised?

JUSTICE IS COMING!!!!

I think the jury members knew exactly what Nurmi was referring to. My guess is that juror #5 got kicked off for saying something in regard to the sexual orientation of ALV, some of the jurors heard it and reported it to the judge when the judge was questioning the jurors individually after the DT complained about JM and his "fan club" in front of the courthouse. Remember, this happened all about the same time.

Nurmi knew what was said and that is why he mentioned it in his closing argument. Trying to make the jurors more receptive to all of ALyce's BS.

Guess what, Nurmi. It didn't work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:seeya:

Great first post - welcome aboard!!!

Don't forget to check out Tricia's True Crime Radio show every Sunday nite. You can find the link and details about tonight's show on the home page http://www.websleuths.com

Me too - I updated my avater and I am lighting a blue candle until the verdict... Hopefully early Monday morning I blow it out!!

Hugs.

brain fade - don't remember if I posted that picture or not - but here it is!

Attachments

• Jodi I am dead - jury delibrations reading.jpg
    Jodi I am dead - jury delibrations reading.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 42
Yes Snowhite I can see your avatar. I needed instructions to get an avatar to show. I had tried with no luck to get the 'Keene' to show up. I could never see it show. Wherever did you see it? I thought it felt akin to my 'Soulsad' which is how I feel for the victims.

(((Soulsad)))

I "SEE" it....can you see mine..? I also love your avatar...reminds me of the Keene paintings ...

I can't believe this, but I think I finally did it. I have lots of blue ribbons to choose from now :).
Just my 2 cents, I also notice JA twisting to look around JW at the jury as they left the courtroom. I am also glad that the reports are they they never make any eye contact with her. After court was over, she was sitting by herself while atty's were up at the bench. I thought it odd that her mom or siblings didn't try to talk with her. She will be alone now for the rest of her sorry little life.

Dearest A News Junkie, LOVE all your posts and thank you for the avatar. You and KCL are a great duo.

How's the fast going guys? I just got home from a small birthday party at a country club (my friend's 10 year old) and endured sandwiches, burgers, french fries AND cupcakes in my face and drank my water. Now I"m home soothing my soul with watching Juan Martinez closings again. That's my cupcake. Take THAT whoever I"m saying that to!

PS not going to the Vigil nor are my peeps nor the Alexanders. We can't find any info on it, who's organizing, what's the deal and there will be no darkness for candles until at least 2 hours later. I'll see you all on the radio show and maybe after that might go do my own ceremony over this very special pedestrian bridge that's all lit up with brilliant blue light at night.

How's the fast going guys? I just got home from a small birthday party at a country club (my friend's 10 year old) and endured sandwiches, burgers, french fries AND cupcakes in my face and drank my water. Now I"m home soothing my soul with watching Juan Martinez closings again. That's my cupcake. Take THAT whoever I"m saying that to!

PS not going to the Vigil nor are my peeps nor the Alexanders. We can't find any info on it, who's organizing, what's the deal and there will be no darkness for candles until at least 2 hours later. I'll see you all on the radio show and maybe after that might go do my own ceremony over this very special pedestrian bridge that's all lit up with brilliant blue light at night.

Sounds like a beautiful place to be and probably much safer too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sloan3039