A Walk in Weleetka

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Not to worry, Boots! I also posted them in the Media thread!

It's just so awesome that our girls are getting coverage again!

Hello Boots, I know...isn't it exciting !! The trip was far more successful than anyone could have imagined !! The outcome is simply amazing.

Hello Boots, I know...isn't it exciting !! The trip was far more successful than anyone could have imagined !! The outcome is simply amazing.

MS, I pray that the media coverage will get people interested in this case again. We have never for once forgotten about it, but you know what they say is true.......out of sight, out of mind. On the way home on the plane, I sat next to a gentleman from OK and he had never even heard of the girls. I was very surprised.

Hi Lauren, that doesn't surprise me at all. Even, now...when I talk to certain people about my bracelet..I get weird looks, and I'll have to go into details about the murders..Society, in general forget to quickly.
Maybe, its because I raised my daughter in that area..it wasn't unusual for her to bring her friends home on the school bus Friday evening..they all loved coming to the country, taking walks..going exploring etc...but I just can't get past it.
I guess those innocent days of country living are just a part of the past.

Hi Lauren, that doesn't surprise me at all. Even, now...when I talk to certain people about my bracelet..I get weird looks, and I'll have to go into details about the murders..Society, in general forget to quickly.
Maybe, its because I raised my daughter in that area..it wasn't unusual for her to bring her friends home on the school bus Friday evening..they all loved coming to the country, taking walks..going exploring etc...but I just can't get past it.
I guess those innocent days of country living are just a part of the past.

Hi MS - You know what really makes me angry? Caylee in Florida and Jon Benet in Colorado have dominated the news (JB for years) and Caylee's reward is up to what over $200k now? These stories are heartbreaking but...

Yes, our little girls are from rural Oklahoma and from families without money but justice for them should be equally as accurate, as swift, and as newsworthy as any child any where! I'm on a rant now...guess you can tell. lol

Hello everyone. I don't post here often, but I read nearly every day and I want to thank those of you who met up in Weleetka last week and have taken the time to share your experiences with us here. And thank you for keeping Taylor and Skyla's story in the news - where it belongs until this horrible crime is solved. :blowkiss:

I think that the story has been on Channel 8 (with the Websleuthers), Channel 5 and Channel 2 and also on the CNN homepage and CNN crime section - all just this week.
Did I miss any?

Hello everyone. I don't post here often, but I read nearly every day and I want to thank those of you who met up in Weleetka last week and have taken the time to share your experiences with us here. And thank you for keeping Taylor and Skyla's story in the news - where it belongs until this horrible crime is solved. :blowkiss:

Thank you for your kind words, Fairy1! I'm glad you are keeping up with this case!

I just wanted to let you all know how wonderful I think you are for going to Weleetka and keeping the case in the public eye! The news story was very touching.

I think that the story has been on Channel 8 (with the Websleuthers), Channel 5 and Channel 2 and also on the CNN homepage and CNN crime section - all just this week.
Did I miss any?

I think that's right, AZGiGi!

I just wanted to let you all know how wonderful I think you are for going to Weleetka and keeping the case in the public eye! The news story was very touching.

Hi Barb! It's great to hear from you! Thanks!

From my heart my apologies. I have put the information about your amazing walk in our announcemnt post. This post will appear at the top of all the forums on Websleuths.

The announcement should have been put up long ago. Please accept my apologies.

What you have done is so heartwarming and touching.

A complete group of strangers came together for two innocent angels. You have to know that Taylor and Skyla are smiling down at you.

You have shown what people can do just by coming together on a forum. You are the shining examples of what Websleuths is truly all about.

I am so proud and grateful you are members.

Love,
Tricia

This is, by far, the most touching thing I have read here at WS. You guys are beautiful.

God bless you all, and Skyla and Taylor, and all who love them.

This is, by far, the most touching thing I have read here at WS. You guys are beautiful.

God bless you all, and Skyla and Taylor, and all who love them.

Isn't what they did just amazing? It makes me cry every time I read this. I am in Kinkos now with tears streaming down my face. I need to stand up and yell, "It's cuz I am so proud of these guys...come take a look." ;)

Really, in all my years of forum work this is by far one of the most touching things I have ever seen done.

Claycat, I hope you don't mind if I tell a little secret.

I wanted to alert the media about their walk. Have the cameras there and such. Since I work in the media I knew this story would be huge.

Claycat and the others said no, said they just wanted to do it for the memory of the girls. Now, media did get wind of it ( you have my word it wasn't me) but these guys hearts were so pure in what they wanted to do.

I ask that if you post on this thread please alert all the other members that you can on Websleuths. This is such a big forum it's hard for everyone to read everything.

Thanks again you guys.

Tricia

Thank you, Tricia

I'm still in awe of the members that traveled so far to be here and make this walk. Their personal sacrifices speak to their caring hearts. Amazing people - adequate words are hard to come by.

Thanks again for the recognition you have given this beautiful experience we shared.

As it turned out, Tricia, the media attention was a very good thing! It brought attention back to the case. Several other Oklahoma stations revisited Weleetka, and CNN had it up as a cold case on their website.

I recently called the publicist for Zac Efron of High School Musical. I told her assistant that these sweet girls were their ultimate fans, because they had written Zac's name in markers on themselves before they were shot. This was reported on the autopsies. :(

I told her it would be nice if they could also do something to focus the media once again on this case. I sent her some photos. Hopefully, that will have a good effect.

Wow how amazing for you all to do this...I hope that this helps keep the case alive so that they can find the killer/s

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste
Back