Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #176

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the updates Massy, but it's hard for me to even read @newsybarbra anymore. She used to be a somewhat unbiased, reputable news source with DTH. Now she's just making the RA defense circuit on SM, cable news shows and writing her book. Far from journalism, more about the notoriety, money and the likes. IMO

MOO

@MaxLewisTV

After previously allowing cameras in the courtroom, the judge overseeing the Delphi murders case has denied our requests to do so for an upcoming hearing. This after she’s had accusations of bias leveled against her. One has to wonder, why wouldn’t you want to be transparent??

View attachment 487360
12:41 PM · Mar 1, 2024

The defense attorneys have made accusations of bias against her, and accused her of essentially blackmailing them into stepping down from the case. That issue went all the way to the Indiana Supreme Court, and the defense attorneys were reinstated by the Justices.

A little more info here…

View attachment 487362

Why does every reporter, SM influencer or Podcaster now want to shout "BIAS" on Judge Gull's part when she makes a ruling they don't like or agree with? Don't they know that just because they repeat it ad nauseam does not make it true?

Her Courtroom, her rules, period. The Defense alleged all of this and the SCOIN found no evidence of bias against RA or the Defense by Judge Gull and unanimously agreed not to recuse her. With the SM frenzy going on in this case, I don't blame her for not allowing the Media.

MOO

Why does every reporter, SM influencer or Podcaster now want to shout "BIAS" on Judge Gull's part when she makes a ruling they don't like or agree with? Don't they know that just because they repeat it ad nauseam does not make it true?

Her Courtroom, her rules, period. The Defense alleged all of this and the SCOIN found no evidence of bias against RA or the Defense by Judge Gull and unanimously agreed not to recuse her. With the SM frenzy going on in this case, I don't blame her for not allowing the Media.

MOO
Moo is the defense will use the contempt hearing to provide more sensational claims in RA’s case. Maybe sneak in the actual crime scene photos, further tainting the jury pool and causing trauma to the families of the victims.
I am all for giving the benefit of the doubt but defense has shown repeatedly they are bad faith actors with no respect for court decorum or rules. I think Gull is justified to try to control her courtroom and by removing the public audience she is taking away a component that lure defense to out on a show.
Defense acted very differently in private chambers than they have in front of the camera.

I think this case, at least from the information known at this time to the public, has too much reasonable doubt. Getting a unanimous decision could end up being difficult. But like so many people have said, maybe there is more solid evidence that will be presented at trial. I can understand why the defense attorneys want this case. There is a lot of reasonable doubt the defense can put forth that will cause a jury to really have to stop and consider the guilt of Richard Allen. He might be the killer, but I do not know if it can be proven beyond a reasonable doubt.

In my opinion, the irony for me is that video Liberty German took of bridge guy. I do not see Richard Allen in the phone video, but I can understand why so many other people do and why based on the witness testimony and his placement on the trails and Monon High Bridge it makes sense logically that he was in the woods with the girls and is probably their killer.

This case is a great example of how the evidence(that we know of at this time) looks to you.
Obviously we can have two different opinions.
Besides RA admitting he was there at the same time the girls went missing as well as several eyewitnesses stating they saw him moments before the abduction. His car was seen approaching the trails right before the abduction and also was spotted by eyewitnesses during the period of time of the crime. Furthermore the girls and he were not spotted by any witnesses from 2:13-3:57Pm, when he was spotted leaving the area by foot- very different looking than before. The girls were never seen alive again. There were other people on the trail from 2:13-3:57pm.
Plus we have the bullet and the confessions but what really caught my attention in the PCA is that the video recovered states that the male was “seen and heard saying Guys, down the hill” after the girls mentioned gun. Then the video ends with the girls proceeding down the hill.
To me this means they have video of the abduction by gunpoint. Video that was not released.
I don’t think doubt was even there until the franks came out. But what was left out of the franks is telling.
No verified alibi for RA during the crime.https://fox59.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/21/2022/11/Probable-Cause-Affidavit-Richard-Allen.pdf

Last edited:
Obviously we can have two different opinions.
Besides RA admitting he was there at the same time the girls went missing as well as several eyewitnesses stating they saw him moments before the abduction. His car was seen approaching the trails right before the abduction and also was spotted by eyewitnesses during the period of time of the crime. Furthermore the girls and he were not spotted by any witnesses from 2:13-3:57Pm, when he was spotted leaving the area by foot- very different looking than before. The girls were never seen alive again. There were other people on the trail from 2:13-3:57pm.
Plus we have the bullet and the confessions but what really caught my attention in the PCA is that the video recovered states that the male was “seen and heard saying Guys, down the hill” after the girls mentioned gun. Then the video ends with the girls proceeding down the hill.
To me this means they have video of the abduction by gunpoint. Video that was not released.
I don’t think doubt was even there until the franks came out. But what was left out of the franks is telling.
No verified alibi for RA during the crime.https://fox59.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/21/2022/11/Probable-Cause-Affidavit-Richard-Allen.pdf
Are you suggesting then that LE has a closer picture of bridge guy that was never released to the public? How could bridge guy have been "seen and heard saying Guys, down the hill"? I thought bridge guy was only heard saying "Guys, down the hill" after the girls mentioned gun.

Why would they not release that closer image to the public? I think the best evidence the prosecution has is the unspent cartridge found at the crime scene that forensic testing says came from Richard Allen's gun.

Do I think they can prove Richard Allen is the person on Liberty German's phone video who told the girls to go down the hill? No. I think the prosecution is hoping based on grainy video and what Richard Allen said he was wearing that day along with the earlier witness statement of Richard Allen being on platform 1 that the jury will come to the conclusion that the person on Liberty German's phone video was probably Richard Allen.

Last edited:
Are you suggesting then that LE has a closer picture of bridge guy that was never released to the public? How could bridge guy have been "seen and heard saying Guys, down the hill"? I thought bridge guy was only heard saying "Guys, down the hill" after the girls mentioned gun.

Why would they not release that closer image to the public? I think the best evidence the prosecution has is the unspent cartridge found at the crime scene that forensic testing says came from Richard Allen's guy.

Do I think they can prove Richard Allen is the person on Liberty German's phone video who told the girls to go down the hill? No. I think the prosecution is hoping based on grainy video and what Richard Allen said he was wearing that day along with the earlier witness statement of Richard Allen being on platform 1 that the jury will come to the conclusion that the person on Liberty German's phone video was probably Richard Allen.
I do believe that they have on video exactly what the PCA spells out. RA abducting A&L with an Sig Sauer P226 and commanding "Guys, down the hill".
I also believe the search warrant found additional evidence linking RA to the crime. Physical evidence, DNA evidence and photo/video evidence.
I don't believe RA has an alibi from 2:13-3:57pm on 2/13/17 because he was committing a heinous crime.
To me we are given a gift wrapped guilty verdict.

I think this case, at least from the information known at this time to the public, has too much reasonable doubt. Getting a unanimous decision could end up being difficult. But like so many people have said, maybe there is more solid evidence that will be presented at trial. I can understand why the defense attorneys want this case. There is a lot of reasonable doubt the defense can put forth that will cause a jury to really have to stop and consider the guilt of Richard Allen. He might be the killer, but I do not know if it can be proven beyond a reasonable doubt.

In my opinion, the irony for me is that video Liberty German took of bridge guy. I do not see Richard Allen in the phone video, but I can understand why so many other people do and why based on the witness testimony and his placement on the trails and Monon High Bridge it makes sense logically that he was in the woods with the girls and is probably their killer.

This case is a great example of how the evidence(that we know of at this time) looks to you.
I totally see Richard Allen in the video. Darting glance, short, armed and MOO even bouncy and athletic which makes it in character to make a cutoff step toward the girls to show them they aren't getting through him.

Defenses are disruping the justice sytem everywhere, but that aside MOO he is the guy and MOO he was a solo opportunist.

The video

Why would they not release that closer image to the public? I think the best evidence the prosecution has is the unspent cartridge found at the crime scene that forensic testing says came from Richard Allen's gun.

Video kept running for extended seconds after Libby hid it.

In June Judge Gull unsealed all but 19 records: (who knows how much more they have now since this June 2023 date?)

<snipped & BBM>

Per Gull’s order, 19 of the original 137 documents in the case are still sealed. Those include the list of witnesses that include names of juveniles, as well as the unedited version of the probable cause affidavit — which outlines how Allen is allegedly connected to the murders.

How I wish we were able to read those 19 sealed documents, I wonder what they are exactly, but I'd bet they would answer a lot of questions. I respect that the Judge didn't release them because of possible prejudice to the Defendant (IMO), but I would really like to see LE's outline of how RA is connected to the murders.

So much more evidence against RA than we the public know IMO.

JMO

New Court Docs: Prosecutors believe knife was used in Delphi murders
And MOO for me, he is BARD guilty on the evidence as is.

I totally see Richard Allen in the video. Darting glance, short, armed and MOO even bouncy and athletic which makes it in character to make a cutoff step toward the girls to show them they aren't getting through him.

Defenses are disruping the justice sytem everywhere, but that aside MOO he is the guy and MOO he was a solo opportunist.
bbm
Btw, are we recognising "mannerism" now, that we know, who the BG on the bridge is?
Is it the lunge??

The mannerism should be more easily seen meanwhile, but I for my part still do not. DC couldn't have meant mannerism of RA, because at the time he didn't know of RA, when he said it.

I do believe that they have on video exactly what the PCA spells out. RA abducting A&L with an Sig Sauer P226 and commanding "Guys, down the hill".
I also believe the search warrant found additional evidence linking RA to the crime. Physical evidence, DNA evidence and photo/video evidence.
I don't believe RA has an alibi from 2:13-3:57pm on 2/13/17 because he was committing a heinous crime.
To me we are given a gift wrapped guilty verdict.

Also, witnesses who were there on the main trail and bridge after A&L arrived did not see him, didn't see any male alone there leaving, etc.

His story is a complete fabrication.

JMO

The ejected round was matched like 98% in a blind test by a large group of ballistics experts, the defense at the time was arguing it should be a higher percentage.
One man's trash is another man's treasure. You never know what jury members will think. IMHO, ejected round toolmark identification is complete nonsense, junk science.

bbm
Btw, are we recognising "mannerism" now, that we know, who the BG on the bridge is?
Is it the lunge??

The mannerism should be more easily seen meanwhile, but I for my part still do not. DC couldn't have meant mannerism of RA, because at the time he didn't know of RA, when he said it.
The crossover step. From the beginning I saw it as an aggressive step, the way you let a dog know you will cut them off if they try to go by you.
MOO RA bouncing around the pool room was similar.

One man's trash is another man's treasure. You never know what jury members will think. IMHO, ejected round toolmark identification is complete nonsense, junk science.
Why is it so outrageous to think there's more than the barrel or firing pin on a gun that can make unique identifying marks? I for one am looking forward to hearing about this other ballistic characteristic.

The crossover step. From the beginning I saw it as an aggressive step, the way you let a dog know you will cut them off if they try to go by you.
MOO RA bouncing around the pool room was similar.
Thank you, I believe, it may be this leg/feet moving indeed, which DC wanted to recognize by us, the public.

What's with possible speaking/calling or SPITTING by BG on the bridge, when he turned his head to the left for seconds? Do we have some comparable situation/habit in RA's pics/video? Did LE perhaps find some chewing tobacco in his home/car (IF he was spitting on the MHB)?

In June Judge Gull unsealed all but 19 records: (who knows how much more they have now since this June 2023 date?)

<snipped & BBM>

Per Gull’s order, 19 of the original 137 documents in the case are still sealed. Those include the list of witnesses that include names of juveniles, as well as the unedited version of the probable cause affidavit — which outlines how Allen is allegedly connected to the murders.

How I wish we were able to read those 19 sealed documents, I wonder what they are exactly, but I'd bet they would answer a lot of questions. I respect that the Judge didn't release them because of possible prejudice to the Defendant (IMO), but I would really like to see LE's outline of how RA is connected to the murders.

So much more evidence against RA than we the public know IMO.

JMO

New Court Docs: Prosecutors believe knife was used in Delphi murders

So much we do not know. We don't know if fingerprints were obtained from the ammunition found at the crime scene. We don't know if animal hair found at the crime scene matched a buried animal found during a search.

We do know RL property was searched, no arrest was made.
We do know RA property was searched, an arrest was made.

RA states he was on the trail, the bridge, the platform. Chances are we'll have to wait for trial to see if there is cell evidence to the time RA was arriving at the trail, watching stock tickers, watching fish.

If I were on the jury, and RA's cell pings matched Libby's at any point, all the evidence would fall together for me.

Also, should I be innocent of a crime and being held in jail I'd be screaming at the top of my voice to file the speedy trial motion!!!!! Get me out of here!!!! The only thing I can think of that would stop me from wanting a speedy trial is if I saw evidence against me on paper, dang I's just eat the paper.

Moo is the defense will use the contempt hearing to provide more sensational claims in RA’s case. Maybe sneak in the actual crime scene photos, further tainting the jury pool and causing trauma to the families of the victims.
I am all for giving the benefit of the doubt but defense has shown repeatedly they are bad faith actors with no respect for court decorum or rules. I think Gull is justified to try to control her courtroom and by removing the public audience she is taking away a component that lure defense to out on a show.
Defense acted very differently in private chambers than they have in front of the camera.

That IMO is the most valid concern. Do not even want to imagine what the defense would try and present for the media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine