Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #178

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This last hearing, IMO, has put a spotlight on a real problem going forward: no cameras, no recordings, no live tweets, no transcripts, no nothin'. I don't give a crap what some MSM journalist, podcaster, YouTuber, or anyone else states was said in that courtroom, because they all report something different, based on their own notes, with sometimes conflicting information, and undoubtedly biased one way or another. What are any of us supposed to do with that?

There are accusations that many of the people reporting on the hearings, or local attorneys who try to explain the law via SM, are only in it for the clicks and money. Well, unfortunately, that's all we got. How else are we supposed to find out what happened? It breeds conspiracy and hate, IMO, and the fault rests with the Court's decision to keep everything invisible. There's a reason the SCOIN records every single session and has it freely accessible on their website, both current and archived, and I hope JG keeps this in mind before the trial.

JMO.

Last edited:
This last hearing, IMO, has put a spotlight on a real problem going forward: no cameras, no recordings, no live tweets, no transcripts, no nothin'. I don't give a crap what some MSM journalist, podcaster, YouTuber, or anyone else states was said in that courtroom, because they all report something different, based on their own notes, with sometimes conflicting information, and undoubtedly biased one way or another. What are any of us supposed to do with that?

There are accusations that many of the people reporting on the hearings, or local attorneys who try to explain the law via SM, are only in it for the clicks and money. Well, unfortunately, that's all we got. How else are we supposed to find out what happened? It breeds conspiracy and hate, IMO, and the fault rests with the Court's decision to keep everything invisible. There's a reason the SCOIN records every single session and has it freely accessible on their website, both current and archived, and I hope JG keeps this in mind before the trial.

JMO.
Since JG has stated that all future hearings will be held in Carroll County, do we know what the court rules there allow for, or not? Allen County Court house has the rule of “no cell phones or cameras.”

JMO.
The secrecy in the court proceedings is more than disappointing. She doesn't have to let cameras in the courtroom; she could live stream it to the public. Camera angles can be controlled and the viewing screen can be manipulated as to the size and who can be seen. If the judge, prosecutor or defense wants the cameras to stop, that can happen.

IMO, there is no reason for the public to be kept in the dark in this case.

Currently there are only 4 courts in the state who are live streaming; when Covid caused disruptions, there were many more participating. Most still do zoom with cases but just don't show them to the public.

You can go here to see the ones currently live

Me either, but I do get a laugh every time I read the original memo for Franks. The info contained within is so contrived, speculative and just not true but through their footnotes they think they can get away with their misrepresentations.

Franks Memo - Here is a prime example of the D's word play spin: Notice RA never stated the guards were threatening to kill his family unless he confessed. It's just a word ploy by the D. Page 22 of the FM

<snipped>
Richard would therefore not be able to privately discuss anything with his attorneys, such as “the guards are telling me that my wife and family will be killed unless I call my wife and tell her that I killed those girls.”15 Instead, a mentally defeated Richard Allen would continually mutter to his Defense team at every visit these types of general questions: “Is my wife alive? Is my family alive? Is my wife safe? Is my family safe?”

JMO

EBM - Bolded

are <mod edit> they going to testify as to the content of their privileged meetings with RA then?

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO, there is no reason for the public to be kept in the dark in this case.
This is the thing that keeps me up at night. How are you supposed to trust authorities that keep everything secret? Whether by design or just a happy accident, all this secrecy ensures that public oversight is functionally impossible. All we know is what we're allowed to know.

JMHO

This is the thing that keeps me up at night. How are you supposed to trust authorities that keep everything secret? Whether by design or just a happy accident, all this secrecy ensures that public oversight is functionally impossible. All we know is what we're allowed to know.

JMHO
That's why we keep pushing for transparency.

Page 22 of the Franks memo
(Edit to say sorry I see @girlhasnoname already posted this. Oh well I'll leave mine stand in the event anyone missed hers)

Jumping off your post to add the following.

What I am reading from the Franks Motion, p 22 is that Richard Allen DID not say the "guards are telling me...".
According the RA defense team Richard Allen DID say: Is my wife alive, is my family alive, is my wife/family safe?

Is there a link that I am missing where RA said guards are threatening him to confess?

Link to Franks Motion:

This positioning of Richard Allen’s body would allow the corrections officers to videotape Richard Allen’s mouth as he talked to his attorneys. Richard would therefore not be able to privately discuss anything with his attorneys, such as “the guards are telling me that my wife and family will be killed unless I call my wife and tell her that I killed those girls.”15 Instead, a mentally defeated Richard Allen would continually mutter to his Defense team at every visit these types of general questions: “Is my wife alive? Is my family alive? Is my wife safe? Is my family safe?”

So after RA complied with the guard’s alleged demands, he tells his attorneys who go on to announce and document it? What happened to the fear for his wife and family?
Personally, I feel RA may not have been in a “right” state of mind at the time. Coercion is one aspect that may account for the “confessions” but he was also given medications during his time at Westville and we have no way of knowing exactly how they affected his mind set. Many meds have serious side effects. None of us were present. Others did see certain things that were not appropriate. I’m not convinced his “confessions” were freely given. Others believe they unequivocally render him guilty. I’m not “there.” JMHO.

JMO.
Transcripts are available. Not cheap, but they are available.

RSBM
Nor would I, UNLESS, they threatened to harm my family. Just sayin’.

Agreed. And I have not heard where guards did threaten a family. Of course I have not been able to read everything printed in this case, if you have an approved link that states RA did claim this could you share please? I want to be fair. TIA

Personally, I feel RA may not have been in a “right” state of mind at the time. Coercion is one aspect that may account for the “confessions” but he was also given medications during his time at Westville and we have no way of knowing exactly how they affected his mind set. Many meds have serious side effects. None of us were present. Others did see certain things that were not appropriate. I’m not convinced his “confessions” were freely given. Others believe they unequivocally render him guilty. I’m not “there.” JMHO.

He placed himself out on that bridge and many other things so was he mentally unwell when he was arrested?

"Prosecutors said that they had considered “involuntary medication” to treat Allen’s symptoms, but two psychiatrists and a psychologist had allegedly deemed it unnecessary, and they also felt it wasn’t necessary to move him to another facility with a psychiatric unit."
Shocking Details Of Delphi Murders And Suspect’s Health Revealed In Documents

Last edited:
So after RA complied with the guard’s alleged demands, he tells his attorneys who go on to announce and document it? What happened to the fear for his wife and family?
Right? It defies logic IMO

what transparency levels do people imagine? the court was full of journalists. it’s not Judge Gulls fault if Team D surrogates chose to livestream false information.
I believe if cameras were allowed at Monday’s hearings they would have lasted much, much longer because of pressure to perform for social media.
From the accounts I have heard the wind quickly left the sails with several attorneys. One didn’t even bother with a closing argument.

I do believe JG did RA a favor by not allowing more attention to his attorney’s contempt hearing.

03/21/2024Order Issued
Ex parte communication from Frank Wesseling, dated March 16, 2024, ordered copied and sent to counsel of record and the Clerk of Carroll Circuit Court.
Judicial Officer:
Gull, Frances -SJ
Noticed:
McLeland, Nicholas Charles
Noticed:
Baldwin, Andrew Joseph
Noticed:
Rozzi, Bradley Anthony
Noticed:
Luttrull, James David JR
Order Signed:
03/21/2024
03/21/2024Order Issued
Court orders the ex parte communication from Frank Wesseling, dated March 19, 2024, copied and sent to counsel and the Clerk of Carroll Circuit Court
Judicial Officer:
Gull, Frances -SJ
Noticed:
McLeland, Nicholas Charles
Noticed:
Baldwin, Andrew Joseph
Noticed:
Rozzi, Bradley Anthony
Noticed:
Luttrull, James David JR
Order Signed:
03/21/2024