Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #179

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
12 various quarter zip and full zip sweatshirts per 2nd search done at 9:45pm on 10/13/22. Along with 3 more coats.
No color specified.
Boots, knives and car carpeting: What police seized from Delphi murder suspect’s home
Boots, knives and car carpeting: What police seized from Delphi murder suspect’s home
Oh here’s the search warrant return.
It lists the colors for most items. One “George” brand sweatshirt doesn’t appear to have a color specified. Page 16
DocumentCloud

Was it this? CJ discusses the “man in black” (strange man) starting around 1:20.

Interesting that the woman being interviewed mentioned that her husband worked with a guy that looked just like BG. I wonder if her husband worked at CVS or did he work with some other interesting characters we know of. JMO

I wonder if some of the witnesses could have been seeing Libby's father.
Delphi is a tiny town where most everyone knows everyone. DG is a big man not to be confused with the size given for BG at 5'6" - 5'10" and weight around 180 to 200 pounds.
LG weighed 200#s and was 5'4". So, if BG is RA, he was attacking someone his own height and may have weighed more than himself. MOO

<modsnip>
It did remind me how many knives RA had. Is this usual for an Indiana resident who is perhaps a hunter?

View attachment 494092
I don't think RA was a hunter. It is not unusual for men to accumulate knives.

The ones listed here do not appear to be high dollar nor are they collectable although who knows about the unbranded knives listed? The one that may be of interest is the double edged knife in the metal sheath and maybe the Saber Bowie knife, depending on the condition he kept them in. LE collected a rusty knife. Collectors would never allow a knife to become rusty.

I'm a female and own two nice pocket knifes that I carry. MOO

Well this was an interesting read. I had not seen it before (or at least I don't think I have) and I thought I had seen it all, just don't proclaim to know it all. :rolleyes:

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>
It did remind me how many knives RA had. Is this usual for an Indiana resident who is perhaps a hunter?

View attachment 494092
For perspective: I am not a hunter or from Indiana (I am in the U.S.), but I have about 50 knives because my grandfather collected them and they were divided between the grandchildren when he passed. There could be numerous reasons for having knives, JMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well this was an interesting read. I had not seen it before (or at least I don't think I have) and I thought I had seen it all, just don't proclaim to know it all. :rolleyes:

From the article:

“A formal opinion issued by the State’s Public Access Counselor Luke Britt, who is an attorney and appointed by the Indiana Governor, indicates some actions by local law enforcement, specifically the County Prosecutor and the Indiana State Police, created an issue with public access to information by trying to manipulate when arrest information for Richard Allen would be released.

<snip>

This office remains convinced that much of the consternation regarding public access in this case (Richard Allen) is much of the government’s own doing,” Britt wrote in a formal opinion. “Simply put, the law enforcement agencies at play could have anticipated an onslaught of requests for the arrest information and prepared accordingly instead of keeping the public in the dark for several days until they arranged a more convenient method of disseminating information.”

The opinion is in response to a formal complaint alleging the Indiana State Police (ISP) violated the Access to Public Records Act (ARPA).

<snip>

Britt indicated that a law enforcement agency must make arrests and bookings information available for inspection and copying in compliance with APRA. The law states that the record containing the information must be created within 24 hours after the suspected crime, accident, complaint or arrest has been reported to the agency.

ISP disagreed about the matter. ISP argues it was “under the direction” of the county prosecutor and that any court records were sealed. ISP further argued that the APRA only requires the creation of the records in question within 24 hours, but not their release

<snip>

Reasonable time” is determined case-by-case, according to Britt. A daily log is distinguishable because if an agency is following the law, there should be no searching, gathering, or reviewing the daily log. The process should be rather more expedient.

“One thing is clear, if a law enforcement agency complies with the statutory command of APRA and creates a daily log as required, a reasonable time would involve little to no waiting by the requester,” Britt wrote.

“Since the law requires creation of the record within 24 hours, a reasonable time to provide that record should be no more than the time to create it,” he added.

ISP also cites the local prosecutor and presiding judge as fac- tors in the delay, however APRA’s daily log requirement for law enforcement is not a judicial record. As a result, the daily log is mutually exclusive from any court record over which judicial officers have purview.

“The daily log statute applies to law enforcement agencies in the executive branch of government. It is an affirmative duty that cannot be bargained, pled, or motioned away through a court procedure,” Britt concluded.

Britt’s formal conclusion stated, “it is the opinion of this office that the daily log information required by the Access to Public Records Act should have been made available on demand no later than 24 hours after the suspect’s arrest.

Source:

For perspective: I am not a hunter or from Indiana (I am in the U.S.), but I have about 50 knives because my grandfather collected them and they were divided between the grandchildren when he passed. There could be numerous reasons for having knives, JMO.
Didn't he have a sword, though? The katana. That's kind of a more unusual item. Pretty different from his others that would be for utility, sportsman purposes. I wonder where that katana was kept. Someone still has a Facebook page up that shows images from the family home, I don't see that katana on display anywhere, and there are no small children in the home. But maybe it just didn't happen to be in the images on the site I viewed. I read, too, they took small books from the premises. And I can't find anywhere mentioned that he had a motorcycle, so wondering why he had the motorcycle cover, and why they took it. If he himself doesn't and hasn't owned a motorcycle, I have a guess on that but don't like to mention it because it would involve his family members. Happy Easter everybody! Weather was just horrible.

Didn't he have a sword, though? The katana. That's kind of a more unusual item. Pretty different from his others that would be for utility, sportsman purposes. I wonder where that katana was kept. Someone still has a Facebook page up that shows images from the family home, I don't see that katana on display anywhere, and there are no small children in the home. But maybe it just didn't happen to be in the images on the site I viewed. I read, too, they took small books from the premises. And I can't find anywhere mentioned that he had a motorcycle, so wondering why he had the motorcycle cover, and why they took it. If he himself doesn't and hasn't owned a motorcycle, I have a guess on that but don't like to mention it because it would involve his family members. Happy Easter everybody! Weather was just horrible.
  • A miniature katana with a red tassel
<modsnip: No link to image. All images require a link to source>

Don't laugh, something like that could be the murder weapon.

I didn’t see a sword/katana listed? Maybe I missed something.

• A miniature katana with a red tassel
<modsnip: Image removed due to no link>
Don't laugh, something like that could be the murder weapon.
A mini katana is now on my list of "things I didn't know existed, but now must own".

I agree with the previous sentiments on the knives. I like the Old Timer brand of pocket knives and will pick one up anytime I come across a style that I'd never seen. I'd hate to see the inventory list of my apartment!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member