Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #183

Status
Not open for further replies.
The whole bullet being found days later and tagged is absolutely farcical because the defense are trying way to hard to get it thrown out.

If it had indeed been found days later then they wouldn’t be fighting so hard to get it thrown out as it I would be so easy to cast doubt on when the bullet got there.

Everybody has anger/marital/substance problems; I'm most interested in RA's computer history. If he did this it didn't come out of nowhere, and it likely didn't end there.

The majority have marriages in which never once had to at 3 am have a SO response to a domestic incident then have to carry onto the hospital for a check.

Of course my husband isn’t headed to court as the accused pervert of a heinous double murder of young girls either.

If he didn’t need to be restrained and or transported by Le in a squad car or taken by ambulance and she was able to get him there herself - then he couldn’t have been that wildly out of hand in his behavior in my view. I wonder if he was threatening suicide maybe? Or having some issues with paranoia? Of course we don’t know what went on or even if he actually DID attend hospital. All we know is police attended and she told them she would have him seen at the hospital.

I’d consider it wildly out of hand that at 3 am I’m having to even consider much less have to pick up the phone and make the call to the SO.

RA was probably semi comotose and not capable of much resistance besides loud verbal threats so the call was needed to keep the peace and RA was helped to the car by his perfectly capable wife. What an ordeal for her.

I’m interested in RA’s tv viewing. Criminal Minds seems a show he would enjoy.

all imo

The majority have marriages in which never once had to at 3 am have a SO response to a domestic incident then have to carry onto the hospital for a check.

Of course my husband isn’t headed to court as the accused pervert of a heinous double murder of young girls either.

I’d consider it wildly out of hand that at 3 am I’m having to even consider much less have to pick up the phone and make the call to the SO.

RA was probably semi comotose and not capable of much resistance besides loud verbal threats so the call was needed to keep the peace and RA was helped to the car by his perfectly capable wife. What an ordeal for her.

all imo
What caught my eye is that the 2015 incident was described as a domestic issue, to “keep the peace”. It was not described as a medical event, as one might expect with suspected alcohol poisoning. I’d like to see the records, and perhaps they will be brought up in court, if they are admissible. The fact that there is a public record at all indicates to me that this was more than a medical event. Police were called, not an ambulance.

The whole bullet being found days later and tagged is absolutely farcical because the defense are trying way to hard to get it thrown out.

If it had indeed been found days later then they wouldn’t be fighting so hard to get it thrown out as it I would be so easy to cast doubt on when the bullet got there.
IMO It's called:
"Highly respected, skilled attorneys, with a combined 50+/- yrs of experience, doing their job."

IMO It's called:
"Highly respected, skilled attorneys, with a combined 50+/- yrs of experience, doing their job."

Yeah we will have to agree to disagree as I think they have done RA a great disservice with how they have represented him. I know you respect them highly but loads don’t with their antics.

They also dont come across as experienced with letting leaked photos of the crime scene from their office get out. They have been reprimanded as well by Gull multiple times due to their unprofessional conduct.

Imo

I believe the COC and rumors of the bullet being found days later, etc. were started on SM. I have no doubt those rumors will be put to rest in the State's case during trial, which is where it should be addressed IMO.

I do have to hand to NMcL and the State for not responding to all the accusations made by the Defense in this case. The State has remained professional and kept their information close. I'm sure it's been hard not to unleash their findings in response to these accusations, insinuations and some all out untruths alleged by the Defense.

We don't have much longer to find out thankfully.

JMO
Barbara MacDonald stated that the bullet was found days later.
2:10 mm

The chain of custody pages for the search warrant items are obviously missing from that group of documents. Page # for CoC are in the fine print at the bottom of the pages.
Pgs 115-120

Chain of Custody Documents
3. That the State made the decision to hand everything over to the Defense attorneys and not make a determination of what was discovery and what was not. That amounted to over 26 terabytes of information.
it. Basically, the State took hours out of it’s week to do the Defense’s work for them so that it was as convenient as possible for them to access the information they requested. All while attending several depositions set up by the Defense of various witnesses that the Defense plan to call that spanned over several hours occurring in different parts of the state. All the information requested by the Defense, minus the SOP’s and the chain of custody documents, was already in the possession of the Defense.

Barbara MacDonald stated that the bullet was found days later.
2:10 mm

The chain of custody pages for the search warrant items are obviously missing from that group of documents. Page # for CoC are in the fine print at the bottom of the pages.
Pgs 115-120

Chain of Custody Documents
3. That the State made the decision to hand everything over to the Defense attorneys and not make a determination of what was discovery and what was not. That amounted to over 26 terabytes of information.
it. Basically, the State took hours out of it’s week to do the Defense’s work for them so that it was as convenient as possible for them to access the information they requested. All while attending several depositions set up by the Defense of various witnesses that the Defense plan to call that spanned over several hours occurring in different parts of the state. All the information requested by the Defense, minus the SOP’s and the chain of custody documents, was already in the possession of the Defense.
Appreciate that but it doesn't mean that the COC docs don't exist or that the State didn't turn them over when they handed over 26 terabytes.

The State said the D already had possession of the information already, other than the SOP's and COC's. I take that to mean they then provided them.

As far as B McD, I thought highly of her when she covered this case early on. IMO, she changed dramatically in her coverage after rumors of her writing a book. Is she still with HLN or has she gone solo these days?

EBM: Added clarification around the remainder of the paragraph.

JMO

Last edited:
Appreciate that but it doesn't mean that the COC docs don't exist.

As far as B McD, I thought highly of her when she covered this case early on. IMO, she changed dramatically in her coverage after rumors of her writing a book. Is she still with HLN or has she gone solo these days?

JMO
Then why do you suppose the COCs haven't been turned over?

If he didn’t need to be restrained and or transported by Le in a squad car or taken by ambulance and she was able to get him there herself - then he couldn’t have been that wildly out of hand in his behavior in my view. I wonder if he was threatening suicide maybe? Or having some issues with paranoia? Of course we don’t know what went on or even if he actually DID attend hospital. All we know is police attended and she told them she would have him seen at the hospital.
Or perhaps once police arrived he completely changed his wild and threatening behavior to docile and cooperative. JMO

I believe RA has two sides. One he shows publicly and one he is in private. IMO

When turning over that volume of evidence, it wouldn't be illogical that some might have been missed. The Defense had at least 3 pictures of the bullet as referenced in one of their 4 Franks IIRC.

moo
If the chain of custody was missed when discovery was turned over, the prosecution wouldn't be able to use it at trial (reciprocal discovery rule).

Possibly suicidal statements.

When turning over that volume of evidence, it wouldn't be illogical that some might have been missed. The Defense had at least 3 pictures of the bullet as referenced in one of their 4 Franks IIRC.

moo

They do have those 3 pics of the cartridge in the ground and one from the lab. But nothing in between and that's the problem. Nick knows how important CoC docs are and I'm pretty sure if he had given them to the D, he would outright say so.

I'm sure not a crime scene expert but I would think all of cartridge pictures would be together in a series. I can't think of a good reason why the pics in the middle would be missing.

MOO.

all imo
I haven’t seen that she called the police herself at 3am (she may have). But even if she did, we don’t know what prompted it. He may have been throwing things or self harming. We don’t really know - unless it’s been verified somewhere and I just didn’t see it (entirely possible). We don’t know whether she had to help him to the car either (officially), do we? It’s all unknown. She may not even have taken him for evaluation. She may have just driven away and out of area to wait for police to leave. I wonder if the State or the Defence has any evidence that supports he attended the hospital on that occasion and what the outcome was if he did?

I haven’t seen that she called the police herself at 3am (she may have). But even if she did, we don’t know what prompted it. He may have been throwing things or self harming. We don’t really know - unless it’s been verified somewhere and I just didn’t see it (entirely possible). We don’t know whether she had to help him to the car either (officially), do we? It’s all unknown. She may not even have taken him for evaluation. She may have just driven away and out of area to wait for police to leave. I wonder if the State or the Defence has any evidence that supports he attended the hospital on that occasion and what the outcome was if he did?
Or he could have fallen and hit his head, or maybe he has high/low blood pressure or he has diabetes and his sugar level was dangerously high. Or...

OTOH, there are many, many folks who really hate going to the hospital for anything.
Some of the older people in my apartment bldg are at death's door before they can be convinced to go to the hospital.

The phone call to the police would be inadmissible on both relevance and prejudice grounds. A call to police about a drunken argument has no "tendency to make a fact more or less probable than it would be without the evidence." Him being drunk and going to the hospital in 2015 doesn't make it more likely he killed the girls.

ETA: sorry @photographer4, I just quoted you to get in on the conversation, not to pick you out

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member