Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #186

Why would the conservative officer that took RA’s statement wait 5 and a half years to make up lies about what RA told him?

It’s a head scratcher

Equally as perplexing is why he'd let it go on so long without saying, "Hey, guys....that photo you put up of 'BG?'...that's Richard Whitehead...I mean Allen..."...I talked to him face to face....

IMO MOO

Why would the conservative officer that took RA’s statement wait 5 and a half years to make up lies about what RA told him?

It’s a head scratcher
He wouldn’t. The simplest and mostly likely answer is that in the first few days, the small town LE was overwhelmed by tips, and the chaos caused tips to get buried in the information overload. Common human mistakes - not conspiracy.

We don’t know the date DD interviewed Allen, but it may have been very early - before the girls were found, before it was a “murder case,” when they were still just looking for 2 lost girls, and before LE saw BG’s picture on Libby’s phone, and before a timeline was known.

jmo

Equally as perplexing is why he'd let it go on so long without saying, "Hey, guys....that photo you put up of 'BG?'...that's Richard Whitehead...I mean Allen..."...I talked to him face to face....

IMO MOO

We will find out at trial what happened but RA was likely a very convincing liar as he fooled the woman he lived with for years that he wasn’t a child murderer.

Also this was before the Photo was released so there was no visible identification as he took his statement. So he was simply a witness on the trail who appeared helpful.

Moo

We will find out at trial what happened but RA was likely a very convincing liar as he fooled the woman he lived with for years that he wasn’t a child murderer.

Also this was before the Photo was released so there was no visible identification as he took his statement. So he was simply a witness on the trail who appeared helpful.

Moo

Yeh, I can just hear RA telling his wife, "I was there that day at a slightly different time. I talked to LE and have been cleared."

That goes on for years and years so until there is the surprising search warrant served on the two of them, she no doubt believed him up to then.

Moo

Photo was released on February 15th. Presser where Dulin was up on stage with all the other guys was February 22nd. Why didn't he speak up and say, "Hey, that's the guy I talked to who said he was there!"

IMO MOO

Photo was released on February 15th. Presser where Dulin was up on stage with all the other guys was February 22nd. Why didn't he speak up and say, "Hey, that's the guy I talked to who said he was there!"

IMO MOO

I am not a mind reader so I will await that at trial. Nobody can answer that question as we are not him.

It does not diminish the fact R places himself at the bridge and dressed similarly as BG.

But of course it’s all purely coincidental and he is a martyr going along with being set up.

IMO

Last edited:

IMO MOO
I have a possible answer for that. Subconscious bias. We all have it, it often goes unchecked. Otherwise it would be conscious bias or counter-measures to overcome conscious bias. It was an overwhelming investigation, farmed out. (Just saw in another trial how LE from another county was brought in for canvassing, to gather useful cctv, and report if they found any. Singular task, then back to their regular jobs, never to know how or whether the State would use that information, until trial.) DD was likely called on to respond to witness leads. While local LEOs focused more on the criminal aspect and waited on leads from guys like DD. DD thought his lead was the three girls for possible followup.

If I ask you to go outside and check the weather, which you do, and when you return to me, I ask how many squirrels you saw, you'd likely say, "I don't know. I wasn't looking for squirrels".

DD, IMO, was tasked with developing witness leads. Who all was near the bridge who may have seen something.

He friend-zoned RA IMO. Subconsciously. Same side of the table, trying to think of who was there that day that might have seen something. RA provided a lead (the three girls) and I think it locked in his subconscious that way.

If anything, once those three (four) girls were interviewed, DD -- who may well have returned to his day job -- probably felt his lead had been developed.

Why he didn't associate that lead with the video, I'd say case study in how our brains involuntarily compartmentalize information. If RA came from work in a CVS uniform, even more the mind makes judgments. Witnessed the group of girls (a possible lead), said he never saw Abby and Libby (no lead there), just a helper. Thank you, Rick, that's helpful. LE will follow up on the group of girls....

I hope that NOW part of managing ANY tipped-in leads and canvassing for witnesses includes instructions to be on the look out for SUSPECTS, inserting themselves into investigations under the auspices of being helpful.

I hope we hear from DD eventually, to hear how HE thinks he failed to make the connection.

JMO

I have a possible answer for that. Subconscious bias. We all have it, it often goes unchecked. Otherwise it would be conscious bias or counter-measures to overcome conscious bias. It was an overwhelming investigation, farmed out. (Just saw in another trial how LE from another county was brought in for canvassing, to gather useful cctv, and report if they found any. Singular task, then back to their regular jobs, never to know how or whether the State would use that information, until trial.) DD was likely called on to respond to witness leads. While local LEOs focused more on the criminal aspect and waited on leads from guys like DD. DD thought his lead was the three girls for possible followup.

If I ask you to go outside and check the weather, which you do, and when you return to me, I ask how many squirrels you saw, you'd likely say, "I don't know. I wasn't looking for squirrels".

DD, IMO, was tasked with developing witness leads. Who all was near the bridge who may have seen something.

He friend-zoned RA IMO. Subconsciously. Same side of the table, trying to think of who was there that day that might have seen something. RA provided a lead (the three girls) and I think it locked in his subconscious that way.

If anything, once those three (four) girls were interviewed, DD -- who may well have returned to his day job -- probably felt his lead had been developed.

Why he didn't associate that lead with the video, I'd say case study in how our brains involuntarily compartmentalize information. If RA came from work in a CVS uniform, even more the mind makes judgments. Witnessed the group of girls (a possible lead), said he never saw Abby and Libby (no lead there), just a helper. Thank you, Rick, that's helpful. LE will follow up on the group of girls....

I hope that NOW part of managing ANY tipped-in leads and canvassing for witnesses includes instructions to be on the look out for SUSPECTS, inserting themselves into investigations under the auspices of being helpful.

I hope we hear from DD eventually, to hear how HE thinks he failed to make the connection.

JMO

Good answer :).

Another reason is that the image known as BG looked nothing like RA to him, so he didn't think to speak up about it.

IMO MOO

IMO MOO

Have you seen photos of RA clean shaven vs goatee/facial hair?

IMO, the photos of a clean shaven RA look like a much older, meek individual.

If RA took on that appearance when he met with DD, he could have been dismissed quickly.

It might also be worth mentioning that LE was strongly looking at RL, KAK and TK in the early days.

JMO

JMO
Great post @Megnut. Adding to this, that pesky little thing called real life. It was mentioned in an old interview with Riley or TL that what’s forgotten is that LE also had their own real life events happening during the investigation. Births, deaths, illnesses, kids, spouses, parents, etc. to deal with. They are human beings.

LE has been open in many media interviews that mistakes were made. Many choose to believe it was all part of a grand conspiracy, and that’s their choice to believe. I choose to trust (but verify, to the best of my ability.)

jmo

I hope that NOW part of managing ANY tipping leads and canvassing for witnesses includes instructions to be on the look out for SUSPECTS, inserting themselves into investigations under the auspices of being helpful.

JMO
And the video unfortunately hasn't good quality enough to make possible to identify clearly a person in my opinion. His co-workers, friends, etc also didn't recognize him apparently. Probably when DD talked to RA he isn't even aware of the timeline. There appears to have been a miscommunication between the many agencies and officers.

That is another thing against the conspiracy in my opinion. If they would frame someone it wouldn't be the random, quiet CVS guy who wasn't a criminal record when they investigated so many violents guys and some of them are dead. Also they wouldn't frame the guy who said he was there in 2017 and they missed it because that makes them look really bad and incompetent. That makes people say "how it possible they missing that? how incompetent". Also the CVS was close to the police office, I think. So the "scapegoat" make them look really bad and incompetent instead of makes them look great. Doesn't make sense.

Last edited:
If you was legitimately going to frame anybody it would be a person like KAK who has history and wouldn’t raise many flags imo
My mind goes to BH, with the staging of the crime scene. Almost like defense is now helping with that frame job… It has occurred to me that If BH had been arrested, I wonder if defense would say that very thing… he’s being framed; LE (including Click) knows it was staged to look like Odinism.

jmo

Another reason is that the image known as BG looked nothing like RA to him, so he didn't think to speak up about it.

IMO MOO
Possibly so. Also could have looked like most every local man he spoke to, in common blue jeans and a hat, with a local accent. Perhaps a conservation officer is not trained in homicide investigation. It was “all hands on deck”, just talking to witnesses.

jmo

IMO MOO
I wonder if RA sounded like BG from Libby's recording? She recorded BG saying "Guys...down the hill". Did LE make RA say "Guys, down the hill" and record him saying it? Does RA saying "Guys, down the hill" sound like Libby's recording of BG? I recall hearing nothing about this.

I long wondered why a Conservation Officer was involved in the first place but duh…I just realized that it makes perfect sense since the girls were murdered on conservation property (sort of). I think Ron Logan actually owned the land but it was adjacent to the Conservation Area.

Those CO’s would know the trails, the ins and outs, probably know the regulars as they’d be in there a lot.

In some place they have some LE Powers.

It’s not so weird after all.

It only took me 7 years to figure it out. Whoa, and I call myself a websleuth???!!!

Yikes.

Or RL (dead), PE, (dead), Chadwell, DN, or even one of the odinists, especially the one with a capacity mental of a child (EF), etc. So many possibilities.

In order to "frame," you don't need a specific person to pin it on. And, for someone who "has a little bit of a conscience left," maybe they purposefully did not want to frame anyone in particular. Just stage the scene to make it look a certain way/like a certain group did it, for the sole purpose of throwing the investigation over there, over here, in fact, quite literally, all over the United States via billboards and what-not.

IMO MOO

I wonder if RA sounded like BG from Libby's recording? She recorded BG saying "Guys...down the hill". Did LE make RA say "Guys, down the hill" and record him saying it? Does RA saying "Guys, down the hill" sound like Libby's recording of BG? I recall hearing nothing about this.
I wish we could hear RA's phone confessions. For content and context, of course. But also to hear his voice, for comparison's sake.

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soraxtm
Back