Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #187

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The Illusive Bullet

Well, more like a bullet that has no photos or video evidence following its discovery in the ground between Abby and Libby according to that Final Draft.

Seems like the perpetrator definitely had a gun on him and must have fired it for some reason.
The gun is visible "printing" through the jacket. Not fired during crime, but MOO the slide was pulled back to seat a bullet in the chamber.
Then forgetting and pulling the slide again would cause an unfired bullet to pop out of the gun.

My opinion is that Richard Allen did not commit this crime, although he will probably get convicted of it. People do not go from living a seemingly normal life to torturer, murderer of children, then back to a normal life.

To do so, would take the mindset of a psychopath, which Richard Allen does not appear to be.

There were no signs that I am aware of regarding a change in his demeanor after the crime that would indicate psychopathic behavior. The only alleged link to him was the bullet as far as I can tell. But, it was an unfired bullet. How do ballistics play a role in that identification?

And, how did a bullet allegedly from his gun get there? He would have had to rack the gun, eject the bullet, and not know if was on the ground. Then, he would have had to bury it between the bodies? Again, that makes no sense and the killer would have to know the bullet would lead back to him

The location of the crime as well as the steps taken to carry it out make no sense. If psychopathic murder was the intent, why go through all of the steps, such as crossing the river, positioning branches over the bodies, undressing, and then redressing at least one of the bodies, all with the risk of being caught in a relatively open area?

And there was no blood or DNA found on Allen's clothing, was there?

No, I don't think he did this, but like other high-profile crimes, he will get convicted because due to public pressure plus the fact that no juror wants to be known as the juror who helped free a potential child killer, he will go down.

Jurors that convict him will likely have the mindset that if he is truly innocent it will come out on appeal, and they will have a clean conscience.
Killers do that all the time.
One and done killers are very common.

If the perpetrator kept trophies or souvenirs of the victims, Abby and Libby, and was reluctant to get rid of them (which is highly likely) the probability of finding them would have been right up there if he couldn't part with them.

This could be something the prosecuting team may have up their sleeves that we don't know about yet.
The defense knows from discovery.

I don’t think there are any other investigators to ask? I think Ligget and Holeman are the guys. It’s just CCSO and ISP accusing RA. The FBI and the other agencies that assisted earlier have nothing to do with this case with RA. TL sent the bullet to the state lab, not the FBI lab, so I don’t know if the FBI even handled any forensics or testing on the RA side of things? MOO
Do you have something to link saying the FBI have had no involvement in the case with RA?

Someone here on the threads recently posted an article that said even though the FBI had scaled back their operation (because they got the right man IMO) they were still involved in the case.

Thanks

Did RA have a Concealed Carry permit?
Indiana is an open carry and concealed carry state except automatic rifles and in certain locations:

<snipped>

Indiana is a licensed open carry state. This means that you can open carry with the state license based on the shall issue policy.

You do not need a permit to open carry long guns in the state.

Indiana gun laws preempt local regulations of firearms in the state.

There are also restrictions of firearms in Indians; therefore, you cannot possess assault weapons in the state.

Indiana Open Carry: Laws, Requirements, Application & Online Training – GLS Tactical

But as you said, doing all that in your own small town knowing people have seen you… it’s beyond the pale even by the standards of almost every single serial killer in history.

Some are geographic killers, transient, one off types - well, all kinds exist really including those that will commit murders in familiar known territory.

Samuel Little was a transient type of killer whereas Israel Keyes chose the USA as his killing grounds and didn't care who he targeted as long as it wasn't a child and he would probably not have got caught had he not broken his own rules by killing on his own turf so close to home whereas Mike Debardeleben remained under the radar for years and committed all kinds of crimes including counterfeiting. In fact, I'm almost certain that that is what got him caught - it was actually the counterfeiting that lead them (police and detectives) to discovering that he was possibly a serial killer.

So, some will kill in or near their home or work locations (even the next town or two over) as it is familiar and known to them whereas others will do it elsewhere so as to keep that distance and separation.

One thing that just clicked for me is that there must have been something pretty damning found during the search warrant at RA's house. The defense would not be spending so much time trying to get the warrant thrown out if nothing of value was found - that would actually be exculpatory and beneficial to the defense. Franks memo after Franks memo seems to indicate they want whatever was found at that house to be suppressed, desperately.

JMO
Yep, join the choir. I've been singing that song since the first FM. They are sooooo desperate it reeks.

JMO

if she'd just held a Franks hearing to begin with, none of this would be happening. Instead the defense has been forced to keep refiling it (while adding stuff to it) to make a record for appeal.

IMO MOO
Judge Gull was not required to hold a hearing for the Franks Memo. She reviewed it (136 pages) and denied without a hearing, which is absolutely her right.

I think the FM was so egregious and OTT I agree with her 100%. Odins, ritual sacrifice, CS details which were not correct or debatable...remember their special footnotes. ;)

MOO

Judge Gull was not required to hold a hearing for the Franks Memo. She reviewed it (136 pages) and denied without a hearing, which is absolutely her right.

I think the FM was so egregious and OTT I agree with her 100%. Odins, ritual sacrifice, CS details which were not correct or debatable...remember their special footnotes. ;)

MOO

She gave it the acknowledgement it deserved imo

Interestingly, they may not have to win on facts. If JG keeps going the way she is, I wonder if they'll win a mistrial and he will go free regardless??
RA isn't going anywhere, even if there is a mistrial IMO. The State would just recharge him and do it all over again.

<snipped & BBM>

What happens if you have a mistrial?​

If a mistrial occurs, the current trial is terminated and considered "void," according to Britannica. This means that the prior proceedings are no longer valid, and the process for a new trial must begin with the same parties and charges but a new jury (if there is a jury).

Because a mistrial is neither a finding of innocence or guilt, a prosecutor in a criminal case can decide to retry the defendant.

What is the meaning of mistrial? Unpacking what the court term means for a defendant

How many Franks are before her currently without rulings? LIke it or not, she's supposed to rule on motions before her. If she finds them frivolous, surely there is a means to put an end to them swiftly? Ya know, by ruling on them?
Denied without a hearing is a valid ruling.

EBM: Need more coffee, worded incorrectly

I still believe that they will quit on him when they can’t delay anymore and realize that it’s going to trial and they ain’t ready.

I have seen nothing so far that convinces me they will be ready come October.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ery810
Back