Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #187

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
When is the trial and will it be televised? Like will it be shown throughout the USA or kept within the state.

Anyone know?

I reckon if R.A. was carrying a gun and knife that day, he was on a mission to do some serious harm, all it would have taken to control the situation singlehandedly was just the gun.

This judge doesn't allow cameras. The trial is scheduled for mid October.

IMO MOO

Has it been proven that RA was carrying a gun that day?
There’s a case that BG had one. Some elements are stronger than others, but the pile looks like this: 1) some people see the outline of a pistol on BG’s pocket, 2) one of the girls says something ending in “gun,” 3) a sound like the racking of a slide is reported in the audio of Libby’s recording, 4) a cycled but unfired cartridge was found between the bodies.

There’s a case that RA = BG. That comprises a good portion of the PCA so I won’t detail it here. His own testimony and that of others puts him very close to where BG was at the time in question. If he wasn’t BG it’s hard to say where and how the swap occurred unnoticed. If RA is BG then he has problems beyond carrying a gun. Like, for instance, being a kidnapper and the last person known to have seen the girls alive.

There’s a case that BG had one. Some elements are stronger than others, but the pile looks like this: 1) some people see the outline of a pistol on BG’s pocket, 2) one of the girls says something ending in “gun,” 3) a sound like the racking of a slide is reported in the audio of Libby’s recording, 4) a cycled but unfired cartridge was found between the bodies.

There’s a case that RA = BG. That comprises a good portion of the PCA so I won’t detail it here. His own testimony and that of others puts him very close to where BG was at the time in question. If he wasn’t BG it’s hard to say where and how the swap occurred unnoticed. If RA is BG then he has problems beyond carrying a gun. Like, for instance, being a kidnapper and the last person known to have seen the girls alive.

And likely the video of the girls will prove that there was not another person behind them (as someone might suggest as a defense). Therefore the "gun" comment from the girls is talking about BG and BG alone.

And we know BG put himself there in those clothes, etc. etc and even corroborated the other people he saw on the trail.

Just my opinion but the prosecution will use logic to make it obvious RA is BG and BG was involved in abducting the girls that led to their deaths.

That's all they need to prove that he is convicted of one aspect of murder.,

Another week closer to the scheduled hearings. Things from the Defense side have been very quiet, which means I'm expecting some big Motions being filed any minute. Hah

JMO
I'm wondering if it will be a FM#5 or another motion for JG to recuse herself. I suppose there's always a chance there may be a motion to change RA's plea or one to have him declared unfit to stand trial, diminished capacity? None of those would really surprise me at this point. JMO

People with concealed carry licenses carry guns everywhere, including walking alone on trails. I don't find it odd in the slightest. It's the world we live in now, unfortunately. Every time I go to church, a theater, Walmart.... I hope someone in that building has a gun on them :(.

IMO MOO

Can a link to RA having a cc permit be provided?

I’ve looked over the articles and do not see a word about that even though his gun is mentioned.

All information points to his not having one, imo.

So that isn't a valid excuse for Richard Allen waving around his gun and ejecting rounds at little girls, imo.

When RA was confronted by LE with the information that his 40 caliber round was found at the scene he would say he has a cc permit and always have it with me, must have dropped the round at some prior time it must have fallen while messing with it on a walk there.

[...]

In short, the lab found that the round had been inside Allen's gun.

Investigators confronted Allen with this evidence when he voluntarily showed up for an interview on Oct. 26.

"He spoke with investigators and stated that he never allowed anyone to use or borrow the Sig Sauer Model P226 firearm," the affidavit states. "When asked about the unspent bullet, he did not have an explanation of why the bullet was found between the bodies of Victim 1 and Victim 2.

[...]

all imo

I agree. I always trought and still think it is a lone wolf. Police can lie and KK is also a huge liar, there are no real evidence that he tried to meet Libby and doesn't make sense because if he meets his victims his disguise as a young hot boy would be blown, in my opinion.

From what I have read from the Prosecution, everything points to the theory they will present at the trial is that RA is a lone wolf.
I still wonder about KAK saying, in the 196 page interrogation, that he gave the passwords out to his catfish accounts to people. I wonder about that Dropbox he had too, if RA wasn't involved in the same CSAM group KAK was operating within and using that. LE took a lot of electronics from RA's property search. Just some thoughts.

We don’t even know if BG was the one carrying the gun or if one exists. All we know is that a person wearing jeans is videotaped walking, tiny blurry image, the camera goes down but audio keeps rolling,

LE thinks they hear the word “gun”. Could that be “that guy is a weirdo, I wish we had a gun” or “oh, he has a gun”. We haven’t heard.

Muddy turned into bloody, so I’m hesitant to believe context without hearing it myself.

Contrary to the patchwork PCA, I don’t think BG is “seen and heard” saying down the hill. If true (and I don’t think it is) that would up close and give a way better image to share with the public. IMO a man’s voice is heard, we don’t know if it’s BGs or someone else who came up from the private drive.BG could be an accomplice and someone else did the actual murders. There’s allegedly no direct evidence linking anyone to the crime scene, even with that very involved staging.

And the bullet. How do we know it’s connected to this crime? IMO It was found buried in the ground near the crime scene. IMO It could dropped by one of the hundreds of people wearing guns who tromped through there over the years or carried through the silt in freshet.

There’s too many other options and explanations for me and no real evidence to back up the Ps claims. I think that this crime doesn’t match the prosecutions timeline at all, way too much to do in like 45 minutes and then the walk back to the car for 3:30. I think more than one person is involved (and so did LE). I think RAs charges still include accomplice liability?

I’ll be interested to see what type of evidence comes up at trial. From what I’ve been reading the P’s entire case pivoted from the actual crime into focusing on the “incriminating statements”. I’d prefer they focus on proving the crime actually did occur in the manner they claim via real evidence first.

What evidence links RA to this case other than the unfired bullet that ballistics say was from a gun that he owned?
Nothing. The main investigators were deposed by the defense team and it was confirmed there is no direct evidence. No dna, fingerprints or digital data that connects RA to crime scene or victims.

From what I’ve been reading the P’s entire case pivoted from the actual crime into focusing on the “incriminating statements”.
RSBM

But only the ones they managed not to "lose." (ETA: And even RA's original, allegedly recorded since DD said he always records, was lost....)

IMO MOO

Has it been proven that RA was carrying a gun that day?
Anna Williams, Abby's Mom, mentions LE letting her listen to the audio from Libby's phone.
(Paraphrasing) Abby says, is that a gun, he's got a gun? Libby answers, Hmmm. Anna says a gun is heard being cocked (not sure if that's before or after "Guys, down the hill".

Whether that gun being cocked info was determined by LE techs examining the audio intensely and enhancing it, idk. I do not think though LE would lie to Anna about that so LE firmly believes it, IMO.

RSBM

But only the ones they managed not to "lose." (ETA: And even RA's original, allegedly recorded since DD said he always records, was lost....)

IMO MOO
I am curious how much the jury will be allowed to know about all the missing, destroyed “lost” evidence? It’s just.. sooo much. I feel like they should know (in my non-lawyer opinion) but I’m wondering how a court would handle that ?

Where did you hear that?

From the beginning we were told Libby was dressed in a tie-dye T-shirt and gray sweatpants with black lettering. It was only when the Franks Memo came out did we find out Abby was re-dressed in Libby's jeans (that she wasn't wearing that day) and her hoodie. (OR maybe Abby was the one whose clothing description was wrong and she actually had been wearing Libbys' clothes all day and was never redressed at all?)

Gray Hughes gave a flimsy excuse for it, saying, and I quote, "That concept is no longer a reality."

IMO MOO

We don’t even know if BG was the one carrying the gun or if one exists. All we know is that a person wearing jeans is videotaped walking, tiny blurry image, the camera goes down but audio keeps rolling,

LE thinks they hear the word “gun”. Could that be “that guy is a weirdo, I wish we had a gun” or “oh, he has a gun”. We haven’t heard.

Muddy turned into bloody, so I’m hesitant to believe context without hearing it myself.

Contrary to the patchwork PCA, I don’t think BG is “seen and heard” saying down the hill. If true (and I don’t think it is) that would up close and give a way better image to share with the public. IMO a man’s voice is heard, we don’t know if it’s BGs or someone else who came up from the private drive.BG could be an accomplice and someone else did the actual murders. There’s allegedly no direct evidence linking anyone to the crime scene, even with that very involved staging.

And the bullet. How do we know it’s connected to this crime? IMO It was found buried in the ground near the crime scene. IMO It could dropped by one of the hundreds of people wearing guns who tromped through there over the years or carried through the silt in freshet.

There’s too many other options and explanations for me and no real evidence to back up the Ps claims. I think that this crime doesn’t match the prosecutions timeline at all, way too much to do in like 45 minutes and then the walk back to the car for 3:30. I think more than one person is involved (and so did LE). I think RAs charges still include accomplice liability?

I’ll be interested to see what type of evidence comes up at trial. From what I’ve been reading the P’s entire case pivoted from the actual crime into focusing on the “incriminating statements”. I’d prefer they focus on proving the crime actually did occur in the manner they claim via real evidence first.

That's what I thought.
And about the jailhouse confession...overheard and recorded by LE.

The state’s eavesdropping statute, 720 ILCS 5/14-1, -2, makes it a crime to record a “private conversation” without the consent of all parties involved.

If that holds for prisoners, then the confession is inadmissible.

There is no expectation of privacy during phone calls between inmates/arrestees and their family members and friends. In fact, many jails and prisons give warnings to arrestees/inmates and their visitors that their conversations may be recorded.

Are Inmate Phone Calls Private? Are They Public Record? | Balduchi Law Office, PC.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Veronica Farnsworth
Back