Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #187

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Ausbrook had a big part in it too. He made the MSM rounds, pretending to just be an unbiased law professor, giving an interview.

"Its unheard of, as far as I know, for the defense lawyers in a case as big as this would not be paid by the court, would not have their experts approved by the court," Professor Michael Ausbrook, with the IU Maurer Law School, said to FOX59. "Its probably a constitutional violation in motion."

Defense attorneys in Delphi, Indiana, murder case asking for crowdsource funding​

• Mar 27, 2024 Updated Mar 27, 2024

- Court-appointed attorneys representing Richard Allen, the man accused of killing two Indiana teenagers, are asking for crowdsource funding to cover their outside costs, reported by FOX59.

Defense attorneys have complained in motions and emails that Special Judge Fran Gull was slow to reimburse their bills or was denying them funds to pay for expert witnesses.

"Its unheard of, as far as I know, for the defense lawyers in a case as big as this would not be paid by the court, would not have their experts approved by the court," Professor Michael Ausbrook, with the IU Maurer Law School, said to FOX59. "Its probably a constitutional violation in motion."

To combat the alleged disparity, Allen’s attorneys have requested that Gull approve all of their submitted and anticipated funding requirements. If that request is denied, the attorneys asked that the state be proscribed from calling such expert witnesses and introducing evidence that would require the defense to call its own expert witness, or order Carroll County Prosecutor Nicholas McLeland to personally pay for such experts.

“Its unheard of, as far as I know, for the defense lawyers in a case as big as this would not be paid by the court, would not have their experts approved by the court,” Professor Michael Ausbrook of the Indiana University Maurer Law School told Indianapolis Fox affiliate WXIN. “It’s probably a constitutional violation in motion.”
Oh yes, he was promoting it big time. I was just referring to who actually set it up and who was the Admin over it.
People could send personal checks made out to DH when they kept having problems with the site shutting down, what the heck?

I wonder if they will ever have an accounting of where that money went and what it was spent on.

MOO

Because he had a sick fantasy and the gun was simply a tool to get them to comply with his demands. The knife was used as he enjoyed it more imo
I'm not saying RA is innocent or guilty. I'm saying I don't believe who ever did this acted alone.

He had a gun and the girls were loyal to each other. So neither one was going to abandon the other one to death. IMO
Yes, best friends until the end. :(

Plus, some people forget that these were just barely teenage girls. Not adults who might have been more reactive, but really, with a gun being pointed at you, I think most of us would comply with the demands.

#Justice4Abby&Libby

Part of RA's sick fantasy IMO, plus It might have drawn a little too much attention being the middle of the day on a Monday.

JMO
EXACTLY!! Middle of the day on a week day in an area that noise would travel far and easily, and you're telling me that the man seen in the video was able to physically control TWO teenage girls all by himself? I still think someone or two someones were also "down the hill" lying in wait to make sure the girls didnt run or draw attention to what was going on.

Just went through the timeline...

Is there any mention as to how it went from that other individual being looked at to RA becoming a POI - then eventually arrested?

Mainly just how it switched to RA and only RA.

Like what lead to RA becoming the main suspect before being arrested for the crime?
The State has not disclosed exactly what lead to RA. Some Media outlets have said LE came upon an overlooked tip some time in Sept 2022. IIRC

EBM: Added date year

moo

EXACTLY!! Middle of the day on a week day in an area that noise would travel far and easily, and you're telling me that the man seen in the video was able to physically control TWO teenage girls all by himself? I still think someone or two someones were also "down the hill" lying in wait to make sure the girls didnt run or draw attention to what was going on.
Yes, I'm telling you that I believe 100% that RA would have been able to control Abby and Libby with a gun down the hill all by himself.

JMO

Yes, best friends until the end. :(

Plus, some people forget that these were just barely teenage girls. Not adults who might have been more reactive, but really, with a gun being pointed at you, I think most of us would comply with the demands.

#Justice4Abby&Libby
There was a round of ammunition, matching a weapon belonging to RA, found at the scene that had NOT BEEN FIRED. There is no proof a gun was used in the abduction or that that ammo found belonged to RA unless there was RA's DNA found on that round. The round had not been fired so there is no ballistic proof it cam from a weapon owned by RA unless, again, RA's DNA was found on that round of ammunition.

One thing that caught my ear was one of the auxiliary attorneys suggested that they start a rumor that the video on Libby’s phone was fake. He goes on to remark that if people thought that was true they would figure Libby’s family was involved somehow and he was OK with that.
They were openly brainstorming lies they could throw out to the public.
That is not OK.
To me, clear evidence of desperation. I say take this thing to trial :)

Thank you. So, to another poster's question, why make 3 podcast episodes about this instead of just reporting this unethical behavior to the powers-that-be? Especially considering one of these podcasters is.....an attorney himself!

IMO MOO
MOO.

Because they are podcasters. They podcast. They spend much time — some critics say too much time — discussing their ethical approach to podcasting and, for these episodes, their approach to this issue in particular.

If I want to report a stolen vehicle, I would contact my local LE and my insurance company. If I want to release something into the public domain, I would contact a media rep. Today, many podcasters also provide “news coverage” with various degrees of transparency and ethics, and it’s up to us as consumers to parse this new landscape.

The third episode released yesterday — https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/murder-sheet/id1538289354?i=1000662321239 — is an interview with Paul Mannion, who released the conversations to Murder Sheet. Mannion “owned” the podcast and associated social (TwitterX mainly) platforms linked to the podcast. One of the podcast contributors used both the podcast and podcast social media platforms to engage in the afore-referenced strategy discussions.

Again: Mannion owned the channels and the conversations taking place via those channels. I think of it as similar to using my employer’s resources and platforms for personal use and activities not condoned by my employer — that’s an ethical violation and can be subject to personnel action — note IAMNAL (I Am Not A Lawyer). I know I do NOT have the expectation of privacy when corresponding with my employer’s resources, email address and social media outlets.

Mannion is not a trained broadcaster and has a tendency to ramble, so his podcast interview episode is lengthy. That said: he reviews his outlook, his ethical considerations, and why he released the discussions involving the accounts he owns in painstakingly nuanced detail.

That’s my paraphrased summary only and I would refer further questions to the link above. One can parse and question the described motivations, but the motivations themselves are covered in great detail by the MS podcasters and by Mannion in the episodes, which are an approved source.

Worth noting that several participants used their work or “professional” TwitterX and other handles, which IMHO further blurs the ethical line between their publicly stated professional affiliations with this case and what’s transpiring behind the scenes.

I personally suspect this is the tip of the iceberg, but the principals involved are no doubt working overtime to try to clean their digital footprints.

IMO MOO ETC

Exactly. Probably nothing would come of it legally so really? Who cares? Unless they did something that’s actually illegal then it’s just people talking. Is it a good look? No. But realistically? Who cares.

Focus on the trial. Ensuring RAs rights are maintained and hope the state has enough evidence for their conviction.

The rest is a bit too much drama and makes everyone forget to focus on the trial itself.

MOO IMO

I care about the integrity of this case and respectfully discussing this topic is within TOS (link to the TOS forum below).

I suspect others care, too. Those who do not may put me on “ignore” or “scroll and roll.”

MOO IMO ETC

If there was only 1 assailant, why didnt the girls run? The assailant couldn't have caught them both. I understand being a scared little girl, but IMO I think there was more than one assailant. I think the girls would have fought and tried to run. Maybe they froze, but I cant get it out of my head...why didn't they run?

IMO MOO ETC
There can be several potential reasons:

Guy with a gun can shoot more than one person at a time.
May have somehow restrained one or both.
Speculation that one was kept very close like a “hostage” with a “run and she dies” threat.
They were girls, not adults, and this was a terrifying situation that they did not have any references or life experience to handle.

History unfortunately demonstrates many lone attackers of multiple victims.

IMO MOO ETC

It will be interesting to see if this is all just brushed under the carpet from the defense. Quite a lot of revelations and it shows a very nasty underbelly. Hopefully these chats have found their way to the right people so it can be investigated.

Moo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackojohnnie
Back