Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #188

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I always felt that KA called R&B as soon as she hung up on RA after his confessions and told them exactly what he'd done. JMO

It could be both though, IDK.
That would also make sense. If she did they’d know about at least his confession to her. But I’m not sure if she would have known about the rest of his issues at that point? I’m not sure if the staff is legally obligated to tell an inmate’s wife if he goes off the deep end?

District court, so, local, not Federal.

I know we have different systems, but I also knew that not guilty pleas were relatively uncommon, whatever the system. Most cases never go to trial like we see on tv. Most people who did the thing see the advantage of a plea deal or an early plea that means they do less time than if they plead not guilty and lose.

MOO
Yes, and the State saves a lot of time, work, and $$$ by offering pleas verses going to trial. I have mixed emotions on the way this is handled at times. Pleas should be fairly based upon the nature of the crime and absolutely non discriminatory across the board regardless of a Defendant's race, religion, social or financial status. (In a perfect world I know :mad:)

That is why the role of an ethical, vigorous Defense Attorney is so imperative in the Judicial Process. It is their JOB to keep the scales balanced and offer their Defendants protection from those who often have more power.

JMO

LE monitored the crime scene for weeks after it was released. So much so that some wondering Looky-Lous got a multi car response.
From my recollection LE were there for 20-30 minutes. Definitely not enough time to process a new piece of evidence.
If that had occurred, they would have a bigger response and would have resecured the scene for hours if not days to go over every inch.
IMO the unspent bullet was found during the initial processing of the crime scene, located between the deceased children.
There is absolutely no evidence otherwise. Just wild claims by individuals seeking attention for their content.
All my opinion
Holeman told RA in their last talk before his arrest that they found his bullet where they found the girls remains. Then we had the conspiracy theory lovers claiming no COC and no photographs were taken of the bullet at the crime scene showing it being literally being taken out of the ground. Huh?

We don't even have the State's evidence yet, thank goodness we shall see at trial.

JMO

I always felt that KA called R&B as soon as she hung up on RA after his confessions and told them exactly what he'd done. JMO

It could be both though, IDK.
I hope we do get to hear what he said he did. I’m curious how similar his statements may be to one another. Eg: did they evolve over time? How much detail did he include? Liars often give vague statements because they’re easier to remember later (imo). What else may have preceded any “confessions”? Eg: a talk with a gaurd? Taunting by his cell guard guy (other inmate)? If he had details only killer would know, what were they? Did he come up with them before or after some meeting with LE or guards or other inmates?

Last edited:
Holeman told RA in their last talk before his arrest that they found his bullet where they found the girls remains. Then we had the conspiracy theory lovers claiming no COC and no photographs were taken of the bullet at the crime scene showing it being literally being taken out of the ground. Huh?

We don't even have the State's evidence yet, thank goodness we shall see at trial.

JMO
Agree but even if we look at how the defense attacked the unspent bullet evidence- not once have they brought up the timing of its discovery.

If I were defense I would be hammering that evidence if it had been found after the initial processing/release of the crime scene.

I’ve only heard murmurings from content creators trying to create conspiracy where none of exists IMO

We’ve been around this mulberry bush.
All my opinion.

JMO
Actually, wasn’t the info about the lack of evidence in chain of command from franks one last fall by the D? Big diff between saying conspiracy theorists put it out there vs the fact that RA’s lawyers asserted this. Since I have no link handy, mooooo. Pretty sure it was in Franks One last fall. I’ll find a link when time permits.

IMO We’ve heard three stories about where the round was found - Ligget said between the bodies, Holeman said “under the dead girls foot” and the defense says 2 feet away, several inches underground. (Have I got that right?)

Friend of the state, Barb McDonald confirms on CourtTV that the bullet was found during the “re-securing” of the crime scene and confirms the bullet was found underneath the ground.

Joseph Scott Morgan says you can’t resecure a crime scene and asks what everyone wants to know… How long has that round been there? How are they connecting it to this crime? He states that scientifically, a qualified person could inspect the corrosion of the brass and dirt embedded and give a guess on how long it’s been there. Was this done? How did this round immediately bury itself several inches under the ground ? That would all need to be explained by a qualified person if I’m to believe this round is even related to this crime.

If the chain of custody exists, the state should just hand it over and defense wouldn’t be pointing out how none exists. IMO That appears to me to be the most blatantly obvious solution to curb that concern

All MOO

Actually, wasn’t the info about the lack of evidence in chain of command from franks one last fall by the D? Big diff between saying conspiracy theorists put it out there vs the fact that RA’s lawyers asserted this. Since I have no link handy, mooooo. Pretty sure it was in Franks One last fall. I’ll find a link when time permits.
There was a motion in limine re:ballistics filed (I believe June 2023) but I haven’t been able to find a PDF of it to read it for myself.

Same thing, according to some who don't want to believe a word in the Franks memo.

IMO MOO

Same thing, according to some who don't want to believe a word in the Franks memo.

IMO MOO
While I get what you're saying, it really is not the same thing! RA's lawyers have actual insight into the case against RA - to me, that ought to give what they say at least a bit more weight than what a content creator or basic citizen who wasn't there and isn't involved in the case has to say about any of it.

I think she'd have to recuse herself.
This would make me laugh so hard. LMAO. She'd fight that to the end no doubt. Maybe that will be the next big "delay tactic" by the D?

I actually did wonder though if they could call the original judge to testify as to why he granted the original Search Warrant? Is that a thing? Does this happen?

While I get what you're saying, it really is not the same thing! RA's lawyers have actual insight into the case against RA - to me, that ought to give what they say at least a bit more weight than what a content creator or basic citizen who wasn't there and isn't involved in the case has to say about any of it.

Oh, I agree with you!

This would make me laugh so hard. LMAO. She'd fight that to the end no doubt. Maybe that will be the next big "delay tactic" by the D?

I actually did wonder though if they could call the original judge to testify as to why he granted the original Search Warrant? Is that a thing? Does this happen?

Well, Biden just did it. Maybe there's hope for Judge Gull.

Theoretically, they could file a SODDI motion with thst case as basis for a new third-party defense. Same rules apply, however. They'd have to meet the criteria for such. IMO a hard do.

JMO
In my earlier response to the OP the KY detective is quoted as saying...

"After investigating the tip, said cold case Det. Coy Cox, it was determined there was no connection."

I don't really see any way this could come in as a SODDI defense then?

You'd actually find humor in the trial process to date being destroyed and possible lengthy delays occurring, keeping the families in turmoil, in limbo and RA in the prison experience that his lawyers have described as the life of a POW?
Even though the SCOIN has determined unanimously that JG is an unbiased judge, it would amuse for her to recuse herself. That makes absolutely no sense to me as it would not benefit anyone. I have a far different view of the legal situation and the case itself. If the highest court in the state is not at ALL concerned with a judge being biased towards a defendant, isn't that an optimal situation, for that defendant, to getting a fair trial? JMO

I think the defense would look very foolish popping out with a new SODDI theory after the huge effort to try and dupe people into believing their pagan story. It would just be further confirmation that the entire Odinist theory is a fraud.
They have zero credibility now.
My high school geometry teacher would grade the defense now as F minus 13. To her, it was possible to do worse than just fail.

Last edited:
IMO We’ve heard three stories about where the round was found - Ligget said between the bodies, Holeman said “under the dead girls foot” and the defense says 2 feet away, several inches underground. (Have I got that right?)

Friend of the state, Barb McDonald confirms on CourtTV that the bullet was found during the “re-securing” of the crime scene and confirms the bullet was found underneath the ground.

Joseph Scott Morgan says you can’t resecure a crime scene and asks what everyone wants to know… How long has that round been there? How are they connecting it to this crime? He states that scientifically, a qualified person could inspect the corrosion of the brass and dirt embedded and give a guess on how long it’s been there. Was this done? How did this round immediately bury itself several inches under the ground ? That would all need to be explained by a qualified person if I’m to believe this round is even related to this crime.

If the chain of custody exists, the state should just hand it over and defense wouldn’t be pointing out how none exists. IMO That appears to me to be the most blatantly obvious solution to curb that concern

All MOO

I'd by no means consider BM a friend of the State by any stretch of the imagination. MO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back