Do you have a cat burglar at home?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Rikissa

Reaction score
If you have a cat who brings home strange objects, then this is a read for you. You might even find a solution how to end it.

I used to wake up with odd things beside my bed, one of my indoor cats liked to move things around. Sometimes it was something quite heavy and/or cumbersome objects she must have struggled to move.

One of ours used to enjoy washing her toys in the water dish. She once took one of my bras (that I'd laid out to wear) to the kitchen, totally soaked it, and then hid it behind my bedroom door.

Another time (though I'm not sure which cat did it) a dead mouse was placed under my son's pillow. Apparently, the cat understood his lack of appreciation... the next night, it was a toy mouse.

So, imo... at least some of the time, they're simply trolling us.

One of ours used to enjoy washing her toys in the water dish. She once took one of my bras (that I'd laid out to wear) to the kitchen, totally soaked it, and then hid it behind my bedroom door.

Another time (though I'm not sure which cat did it) a dead mouse was placed under my son's pillow. Apparently, the cat understood his lack of appreciation... the next night, it was a toy mouse.

So, imo... at least some of the time, they're simply trolling us.
I call mine a little thief lol!

He likes to drop pieces of his dry food into his water dish and then fish them out and eat them. He also used to steal my bras and underwear from the laundry and chew the straps. As well as sleeping in the warm dry laundry :rolleyes:

I've had a few mice too. They're always still alive and terrified so I have a live trap to transport them back outside. The cat also will steal any hair elastic, ear buds, shoelaces/necklaces/straps etc. I hid my new leather purse because I just know he will try to bite it

The cat I had in my first apartment was hoarding a stash of things in a cardboard box behind the Lazyboy! We thought he was taking naps but it was a treasure chest :D

My now 11 yr old bottle raised cat baby steals anything he can get his paws and mouth on.

When he was still a lil cat our son came to visit and I told him keep the guest room door closed or you will lose all your valuables. Did he listen to his mother...no....why would he start listening to me at that point in his life.

The next morning I was awakened to outraged yells. Cat burglar got his phone, wallet, watch, hairbrush, toothbrush and an assortment of clothes...mainly underwear and socks. And most of the clothing items led a trail to the dog door. Phone was in front of the dog door...I guess it was too hard to carry and push through the door.

Once I was done hysterically laughing I searched outside and found everything but the wallet...I knew most of his hiding places but still could not find the wallet.

Then I remembered I had seen him come and go from the thin passage behind our bed which sits on a pedestal.

It was amazing to see the number of items he had stashed back there once we found the right tool to rake them out of that 6" x 6' long square. And the wallet was there. He apparently only put his stolen valuables in that cave.

Being older has curtailed his thieving a bit but if I open a drawer in the bathroom or kitchen he races to see what he can fish out and escape with. I still check the cave periodically just to see if anything is back there and recently found a $100 bill that my DH swears is his. I kept it as a finder's fee.

My now 11 yr old bottle raised cat baby steals anything he can get his paws and mouth on.

When he was still a lil cat our son came to visit and I told him keep the guest room door closed or you will lose all your valuables. Did he listen to his mother...no....why would he start listening to me at that point in his life.

The next morning I was awakened to outraged yells. Cat burglar got his phone, wallet, watch, hairbrush, toothbrush and an assortment of clothes...mainly underwear and socks. And most of the clothing items led a trail to the dog door. Phone was in front of the dog door...I guess it was too hard to carry and push through the door.

Once I was done hysterically laughing I searched outside and found everything but the wallet...I knew most of his hiding places but still could not find the wallet.

Then I remembered I had seen him come and go from the thin passage behind our bed which sits on a pedestal.

It was amazing to see the number of items he had stashed back there once we found the right tool to rake them out of that 6" x 6' long square. And the wallet was there. He apparently only put his stolen valuables in that cave.

Being older has curtailed his thieving a bit but if I open a drawer in the bathroom or kitchen he races to see what he can fish out and escape with. I still check the cave periodically just to see if anything is back there and recently found a $100 bill that my DH swears is his. I kept it as a finder's fee.
Lol what is the cat going to do with $100?! I bet he's running an underground credit card scheme!

I can't open drawers either. The cat comes from anywhere so he can either climb into the drawer or stick his paws in and fish around for something. I swear he's just making fun of me and doing his impression lol.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back