Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #188

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm currently reading a book on the murders and it's made me wonder: assuming Richard Allen is guilty as charged, what happened here? How did he evade capture for so long? Is he especially skilled or were the investigators especially bumbling?

I'm currently reading a book on the murders and it's made me wonder: assuming Richard Allen is guilty as charged, what happened here? How did he evade capture for so long? Is he especially skilled or were the investigators especially bumbling?

LE may have had hairs, fibers, a DNA profile (human or animal), a fingerprint (full or partial) and just no one to compare it to -- kind of surprised there seems to ne no mention of genetic genealogy which is the new way to CODIS! So.... since they didn't, maybe they didn't recover human DNA at all -- there's no database for animal DNA -- so it's entirely possible IMO that LE had a good handle on the profile of the murderer, just no one to compare anything to. Not a seasoned criminal, or at least not a previously convicted one.

Waiting on that one tip, a name, a lead strong enough that they could finally pair the evidence to a man. And maybe to his home, his apparel, his pets, his weapons, his ammo, his vehicle, his carpet. And a statistical match to his DNA.

They may have had their man, just couldn't stick an arrest -- until they could.

JMO

OR, maybe he didn’t do it? It will be interesting to see if the D can prove he wasn’t at the bridge after 1:30 pm. I can’t wait to see if the P can prove that he was there AFTER 1:30 pm, without a doubt. We don’t know do we, and yet, so many have him convicted already. SMH.

OR, maybe he didn’t do it? It will be interesting to see if the D can prove he wasn’t at the bridge after 1:30 pm. I can’t wait to see if the P can prove that he was there AFTER 1:30 pm, without a doubt. We don’t know do we, and yet, so many have him convicted already. SMH.
I mean, we certainly don’t know what we don’t know but if the D could prove for sure where RA was after 1:30 would he still be in prison? Would they not be screaming from the rooftops if they had anything to show couldn’t have been him? Eg: with RL, he had his cousin lie for him, but a reciept said he was at a store or something? ETA - edited bc I don’t recall all the details and don’t want to confuse anyone!

But if RA left the trail just after seeing the witnesses - like within a couple mins and:
- no one saw him leave
- nothing on cam shows him leaving
- he went home and had a nap instead of logging internet time or texting friends or whoever - anything with a date and time attached to it… then it may be very hard to prove he left before the killings.

What I wanna know:
- where was he in the 24 hours before the murders?
- what was he up to? With anyone?
- where did he go after he left the trail (if he is innocent). What did he do and how did he get there?
- who did he see in the hours leading up to when the kids were found? Or talk with? Text with?
- what internet stuff may he have done?
- what errands did he do in the evening or next day (if any). With anyone?

So many questions!!

Last edited:
I mean, we certainly don’t know what we don’t know but if the D could prove for sure where RA was after 1:30 would he still be in prison? Would they not be screaming from the rooftops if they had anything to show couldn’t have been him? Eg: with RL, he had his cousin lie for him, but a reciept said he was at a store or something? ETA - edited bc I don’t recall all the details and don’t want to confuse anyone!

But if RA left the trail just after seeing the witnesses - like within a couple mins and:
- no one saw him leave
- nothing on cam shows him leaving
- he went home and had a nap instead of logging internet time or texting friends or whoever - anything with a date and time attached to it… then it may be very hard to prove he left before the killings.

What I wanna know:
- where was he in the 24 hours before the murders?
- what was he up to? With anyone?
- where did he go after he left the trail (if he is innocent). What did he do and how did he get there?
- who did he see in the hours leading up to when the kids were found? Or talk with? Text with?
- what internet stuff may he have done?
- what errands did he do in the evening or next day (if any). With anyone?

So many questions!!
Your list of questions brings up MY biggest question - where is the cell phone data from RAs phone? There doesn’t seem to be mention of it anywhere from the state and I have a hard time believing that they wouldn’t have collected this ?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back