Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #188

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
There is no “Rick Whiteman.” DD (conservation officer) who took down RA’s information actually wrote that his name was Rick Whiteman, when in fact his surname was Allen and he lived on Whiteman Way. Another reason I do not trust any recollection by DD. :) JMO

I'm not aware of this recorded note being released to the public. My opinion is DD wrote Richard Allen (dash) Whiteman. I can understand how a person could file this under "Whiteman". Easy to think Allen was a middle name.

We'll probably get to see the written words of DD as an exhibit and I'm sure they will be read onto the record too. MO
I'm not sure I'd believe the words of DD and I would hope that the D would ask him some very pertinent questions about the things he did write down, and how he's positive they're more accurate than other things he wrote down incorrectly. I'd also ask him where the recording is of the initial mtg. https://www.scribd.com/document/672126677/DELPHI-Memorandum-in-Support-of-Motion-pdf

Yes and it doesn’t even add up, as the girls who believe they saw him, and he also saw those young girls took a photo of a Bench at 1.26pm and they saw him after that photo was taken. So his new timeline simply doesn’t work. He didn’t get on to those trails until 1.30ish.

IMO to be safe

Wondering if we know: did the girls see him walk UP to the bridge / bench or? Did they see him ARRIVE (park? walk toward the bridge? Where were they when they spotted BG?). How are they certain he didn't leave right after they spotted BG?

We don't know how that informal meet up occurred. RA didn't go to the police department, he met up with DD at a store, where DD took notes. No recording because IMO it was informal and LE would follow up. He didn't know they didn't, didn't know his notes got misfired, likely a clerical error, and in reviewing how ever many recorded interviews he did, he would not have happened upon one with RA or RAW because there never was a recording. Nor a follow up at the time because of the surname error.

JMO
That's a bit of a big error though no matter how we look at it imo. It just seems to me that if an LE (or someone from an agency assisting LE) interviews someone who says they were at the trail that day, that this person would then contact his supervisor or LE directly and speak to whomever is in charge as soon as they found out they had just talked to a guy who was there! Especially if he was there at a time so relevant to the case - even if they LE didn't know what time the kids were taken at that point. How did this information get lost for so many years? If I were DD I'd be calling LE to say hey guys - I met with some guy around the time when the murders happened, I can't remember his name but he was there.... I'd like to know - did he do this? If not, why not? If so, when?

I hope we get an insight into his behavior from friends or family or co-workers as he must have been completely freaked out once that video came out, and he knew he had placed himself on that trail just before he committed the crimes to that officer. MOOOOO
I wonder if he perhaps didn't freak out the way we imagine he may because it doesn't seem that anyone called to give LE his name or anything else that would help lead LE to him around the time when that video was released. If someone had done so, surely they'd have made this arrest years sooner, no? Moooo.

Based only on the information that is currently publicly available, what is the current consensus regarding the strength of the case against RA? Based on what I've heard, I think it's fairly strong.

The video is infamously difficult to make out details from, but RA at least looks close enough that the video doesn't rule him out. Whereas it seems to rule out everyone else known to be on the trail that day.
"known" is the keyword for me in your post. LE can't account for people they do not know to have been there. We'd like to think they rounded up everyone who was there, and that RA is the right man, but there is the chance that actually, someone else *was* there that no one seems to know about and it could be RA or it could be someone else entirely. We don't really know yet. We know that the police and State have a theory as to what happened that day, and there is probably something really damning in what was found with the Search Warrant at RA's home because the D is very much opposed to it staying as evidence.... but still don't know a whole lot really.

I think RA probably is some sort of guilty in this matter. In whole or in part, I don't know. Doesn't really matter because if he is guilty at all, I hope he pays the price.

Exactly to whom should prosecutor NM make this response? YouTubers?

The prosecutor should and, IMO, WILL respond at trial. Why would anyone think the prosecutor should respond to us, the public? Why should a prosecutor ignore a gag order?

The prosecutor will correct at the proper time. At Trial!!!

MOO
I think it was obvious that I meant to the court in the subsequent response filing.

The example I gave was the 3rd Franks, which pointed out the inconsistent witness statements, geofencing and the Turco statement. NM’s response goes into detail about the geofencing and Turco statement but IMO completely avoids addressing the issue re: the witness statement with any detail.

My curiousity was why there is such detail about the two other items, pages, and then no acknowledgment or detail at all about the conflicting witness statements.

All MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back