Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #188

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The part that stood out to me about Richard Allen's interrogations in October 2022 was that he said he was willing to voluntarily give LE his phone(his current one?) until he felt during that interrogation that they were accusing him of the Delphi murders.

If Richard Allen really is bridge guy, he sure wanted to do whatever he could to help the police prove the case, without realizing this was a possibility.
RA had over 5 years to destroy any evidence he had on that phone. Or he may have gotten a new one during that time that was never used in any shady business. It sounds like he got new phones often based on the number that was recovered during the SW.

My phone plan upgrades me (if I choose) each time a new iPhone version comes out.

JMO

So...

At any given time the perpetrator could have returned to the scene of the crime a second+ time and especially if, as pointed out before, some of those searchers may have been as far as 15 feet from the girls before they were found.

I wonder if RA was a part of the initial search party or parties.
Very much doubt he was a searcher, MO

I was just listening to podcast about another case and it was mentioned that LE sometimes withholds information in order to be able to identify false confessions. We know LE in the Delphi case did that and I hadn’t thought about it for a long time. A tried and true tool in investigation.
Thinking about it now, I think it worked in reverse for LE here.
I feel sure one of the things LE kept to themselves was that a witness had seen BG/RA standing on the 1st platform shortly before the girls got to the bridge.
On October 13, 2022, when RA offered and admitted that he was on that platform at that time, he placed the last piece of the puzzle for LE.
RA cannot take himself off that bridge. He absolutely cannot take himself off the bridge. Not only is there a witness, RA himself puts himself on that bridge.
What that means is it doesn’t matter if RA’s cellphone shows up in the data or not, because he is STILL on that bridge, by his on word. Talk about Odinists or other players or unspent bullets or dozens of confessions, people who saw him and people who didn’t, etc……but RA is still on that bridge.
If feel confident LE has much more evidence against RA. Some will need to be weighed thoughtfully by the jury. Other evidence will be more directly tied to RA, and he will still be on that bridge. Nobody can take him off.

BG=RA and he will forever be on that bridge

Opinion
So you think, LE had their "last puzzle piece" already within the first week after the crime, if they only had known or if they only had filed it in a proper way?
What if in case of the two little cousins from Iowa (2012) something similar happened? - Just a spontaneous thought ....

Libby's grandparents, afaik + MOO, were frequently patrons of the same pub as RA. One would think, that RA would have had more scruples about brutally killing a teenager, with whose grandparents he often drank his beer in a friendly atmosphere. IMO
I've never heard it that stated that the P's were frequent patrons of that bar, but Delphi is so small I'm not sure how many pubs would have been in town.

A killer of 2 innocent young girls has no scruples or conscious at all. Maybe that even gave him a sick thrill? IDK

JMO

I've never heard it that stated that the P's were frequent patrons of that bar, but Delphi is so small I'm not sure how many pubs would have been in town.

A killer of 2 innocent young girls has no scruples or conscious at all. Maybe that even gave him a sick thrill? IDK

JMO

Yes like the pool pub photo with the wanted sketch In the background.

ETA - also this photo shows how young he can look at he doesn’t look late 40’s.

ETA - photo for context

Last edited:
Yes like the pool pub photo with the wanted sketch In the background.

ETA - also this photo shows how young he can look at he doesn’t look late 40’s.

ETA - photo for context

He doesn't look like either of those sketches though - not by a long shot.

To me he looks older than the sketch of the younger male and younger than the one of the older male, but he doesn't look like either of them.

He doesn't look like either of those sketches though - not by a long shot.

To me he looks older than the sketch of the younger male and younger than the one of the older male, but he doesn't look like either of them.

I can see bits of him in each sketch so just like how some saw a baby goat in the bridge video it’s up to the individual to decide what they see I guess :)

Imo

So you think, LE had their "last puzzle piece" already within the first week after the crime, if they only had known or if they only had filed it in a proper way?
What if in case of the two little cousins from Iowa (2012) something similar happened? - Just a spontaneous thought ....
It wasn't until late Summer of 2022 that RA said he walked out to the first platform on the Monon Bridge during the voluntary interviews of he and his wife.

Imugvrdzw

What i was trying to say was that once LE found out who was standing on the first platform, they would have the last puzzle piece. RA himself gave them the answer.
Sorry, I wasn’t very clear.

Imugvrdzw

What i was trying to say was that once LE found out who was standing on the first platform, they would have the last puzzle piece. RA himself gave them the answer.
Sorry, I wasn’t very clear.
You were clear enough, thank you! :) Well, RA put himself on that platform, thank God, and nailed it himself. I didn't take into account, that he didn't do it until 2022 - my mistake. Memory, you know .... ;)

I can see bits of him in each sketch so just like how some saw a baby goat in the bridge video it’s up to the individual to decide what they see I guess :)

Imo

I can't at all.

Probably because the sketches were drawn from grainy images and their eyes and noses aren't really the same.

Have just looked for images of RA to go along side those sketches to see better and...

Does anyone know if RA is left handed or not?

It has probably been discussed here before with #188 threads, I'm sure, but looking at BG on the bridge just now and then RA in a few photos - that question crossed my mind for some reason - - maybe because of their poses.

So...

At any given time the perpetrator could have returned to the scene of the crime a second+ time and especially if, as pointed out before, some of those searchers may have been as far as 15 feet from the girls before they were found.
But the DT is now saying they took the girls away from the area and the returned later and dumped the bodies there----WHILE PEOPLE WERE IN THE AREA SEARCHING, including cops and firefighters.

If you kidnapped two girls from a park, and you knew people were searching for the girls in that park area, would you return to that area with the bodies and stage the scene?
I wonder if RA was a part of the initial search party or parties.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back