Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #189

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Here is Vinnie's show on Delphi tonight if anyone wants to watch.

Good video. At 21:11 Aine says Baldwin wasn’t in court today - had a prior commitment. That’s odd.

We know about their evidence. The blue jacket, the unspent round, the witnesses, the “confessions”. Nick stood up in court and proudly declared they had “incriminating statements”. We can read the PCA and the transcripts and see them discussing their evidence.
The investigators testified there’s no DNA, fingerprints, digital or electronic data.

I don’t know what else they could be saving ?

MOO
we don’t know…what we don’t know

I was really skeptical for a long time that RA was the right guy. If I was on the jury, I would have had doubt.

I can't reconcile his innocence anymore. A few confessions, I could be persuaded it wasn't true. Over SIXTY?
He has repeatedly asked to be unburdened of this and his constitutional rights have been trampled on. By his team.
This is where I'm at now. This isn't something that slipped out due to mental duress. This is a man who knows his fate and wants to get on with it. He had 5 some years to think about this day.

Murder weapon, a box cutter?

Separate weapons? Knife and a box cutter maybe? Plus a firearm, never used?

Brutal.

Jmo
I would assume if a box cutter was used, the pathologist would recognize this type of injury, and a box cutter would be included in the search warrant request for RL and RA. IMO

I was really skeptical for a long time that RA was the right guy. If I was on the jury, I would have had doubt.

I can't reconcile his innocence anymore. A few confessions, I could be persuaded it wasn't true. Over SIXTY?

This is where I'm at now. This isn't something that slipped out due to mental duress. This is a man who knows his fate and wants to get on with it. He had 5 some years to think about this day.
The prison psychologist testimony given today is very important. She gives a clear and detailed timeline of events IMO.

Indiana State Police Detective Brian Harshman testified that he has reviewed 650-670 of Allen’s phone calls during his incarceration covering more than 150 hours.

Harshman said Allen has confessed more than 60 times, most often to his wife and mother, who expressed disbelief, concerns about his mental state or changed the subject.

It was in late March, after his “Come to Jesus” moment, when the confession phone calls began, said the detective.

“He talked about these crimes very specifically,” Harshman said.

Prosecutor Stacy Diener asked Harshman if Allen’s confessions contained details of the crime.

“That’s correct,” answered Harshman, adding that Allen also discussed his motivation in allegedly committing the killings.

[…]
ISP Lt. Jerry Holeman testified that an inmate claimed Allen admitted he threw away a boxcutter in a dumpster behind the CVS store where he worked in Delphi.

Prosecutors are expected to introduce bullet evidence linking Allen to a gun displayed at the murder scene and that Libby and Abby died of cutting wounds.

A box cutter?

I feel sick.

To cut someone deep enough to kill them with a box cutter would take a lot of force, or multiple slices, IMO.

All caught up.

So everyone involved in this case (except defense) has lied - the file clerks who “lost” videos and files, ISP, the coroner, prosecutor, BH’s coworkers and gym buddies, prison guards and MH staff.

Have I missed anyone?
Oh yeah.
Richard Allen.
Says 61 times he murdered Libby and Abby.

He’s lying too.

jmo
Seems to be several who are willing to "die on this hill" so-to-speak, that RA is not guilty of this crime. I am truly baffled now.

We're to believe, by some, that everyone is lying or incompetent or remembering wrong: investigators, LE, sworn on the stand, prosecution, possibly the judge (maybe not lying but surely biased), witnesses, employers/employees, family members (of all involved), who am I missing, and even THE DEFENDANT HIMSELF. All these people are lying or misremembering or incompetent. ?

And we're to believe whom? The defense team alone? I am curious...where were they on the day in question? In the area? Were they involved? Did they try to place blame on the Odinists for whatever reason and are fighting so hard because RA was somehow caught in the crossfire and they actually meant for someone else to be railroaded? It's as good a theory maybe...

There are hundreds if not thousands of prisoners being kept out of Gen pop, who do not confess murder to the warden, several guards and prisoners and their families, 61 x.

I have my doubts about the DT's description of his 'torture.' He did have people to talk to, obviously. And he had his own tablet until he himself destroyed it. It wasn't true that he was tortured by darkness or lights on 24/7 because he had his own light switch. And he did have exercise time.

I think the confessions came about because he was alone with his thoughts in his cell, and the guilt must have been overwhelming. IMO
I’m sorry, but I don’t think that it can be emphasized enough that these conditions are nearly unheard of for a pre-trial detainee. The prison itself has a rule that an inmate cannot be held in segregation for more than 30 days.

I think the most important thing that isn’t being said enough - the posted “trustee” felons perched at his door with a pad and paper get TIME OFF THEIR SENTENCES IF THEY GET A CONFESSION OUT OF HIM. I want to scream that from the mountains. These inmates are benefiting from these confessions. IMO the one inmate (L) was released in exchange and the prosecutor and judge were like “whoa what??? No way!! Bring him back here!!”

The psychologist who oversaw his mental health treatment for the time period of these statements testified in detail today regarding her expert opinion of his psychological condition over that time period. She also testified in detail about the conditions that RA was subjected to and her concerns. I don’t understand how any human could hear these conditions and not be shocked, disgusted and horrified by them.

This information directly from the psychologist is incredibly important for anyone who wants to make an informed decision. We finally have expert testimony, so we don’t have to guess what his mental health state was during that time period.

I think one of my most notable moments from the psychologist testimony is that she gave RA a book to read because she thought it would help him. The book was written about a man who had survived a POW camp. That’s certainly interesting.

All MOO IMO just my opinion for the sake of discussion. :)

Seems to be several who are willing to "die on this hill" so-to-speak, that RA is not guilty of this crime. I am truly baffled now.

We're to believe, by some, that everyone is lying or incompetent or remembering wrong: investigators, LE, sworn on the stand, prosecution, possibly the judge (maybe not lying but surely biased), witnesses, employers/employees, family members (of all involved), who am I missing, and even THE DEFENDANT HIMSELF. All these people are lying or misremembering or incompetent. ?

And we're to believe whom? The defense team alone? I am curious...where were they on the day in question? In the area? Were they involved? Did they try to place blame on the Odinists for whatever reason and are fighting so hard because RA was somehow caught in the crossfire and they actually meant for someone else to be railroaded? It's as good a theory maybe...
IMO We should believe the experts and the evidence, or the lack of evidence in this case.

And don't forget the footnotes!! ;) Such as:

From the Franks Motion
Richard would therefore not be able to privately discuss anything with his attorneys,
such as “the guards are telling me that my wife and family will be killed unless I call my wife and

tell her that I killed those girls.”
Then comes the footnote:
To be clear, up to this point, Richard Allen has never spoken these words to his attorneys. The point is that the Westville guards have made the privacy needed for Richard to have that type of private conversation with his attorneys very difficult – and perhaps not worth the risk if you are Richard Allen.

Just remarkable isn't it. This is suppose to be a legal document!? I don't understand how they can file such nonsense. MO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back