Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #190

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Right, but I was replying to your post where you said:

"Didn't seem to bother him before he was accused of the crime at all. I wonder how he lived with himself and his guilt for all the years he walked about free if he did do this crime? ..."

So I replied that he did have an emotional meltdown of some kind, enough to be institutionalised, so you can't really say that it never bothered him and he seemed guilt free. Just sayin....
Yeah but wasn't he the one who gave the funeral photos to the family at the store and didn't take payment? He was right in their face!

It's okay to be repetitive. I know that some people simply don't think that RA is the killer. I just don't understand why. I am not being confrontational if it comes out that way. It just shocks me.

I hear people wanting the proof of video, DNA, etc. But, circumstancal evidence is still extremely powerful and I feel like TV and movies have made people forget that!

A case CAN be won and many still are won on circumstancal evidence.

This case has so much of that evidence that I personally feel that there is enough beyond a reasonable doubt.

The video just could prove to be the electronic evidence that people are holding out for.

Something tells me that it probably is

JMO
That’s totally OK! We are all here to discuss the case and share our opinions so I totally understand and appreciate that there are people that will have a different opinion than me. I absolutely reserve the right to be wrong LOL

It’s nice to see others thoughtful opinions on different aspects of the case and filings because it can give more food for thought and a lot more to talk about.

I’m an “on the fencer”. I just know that I personally need far more than what is publicly available in order to form any sort of opinion. There are too many coincidences for it not to be on purpose. There’s also soooo many unknowns, I can’t hitch my wagon to any one theory at this point!

MOO

So, I am curious about the video.
It is supposed to be 43 seconds long ( I think)
We have only been allowed to see about 2 seconds, at most.
The defense doesn't want the video to be presented to the jury.
Is there something on the video, perhaps BG's hand, a view of the gun, etc. And whatever tha could be, is directly associated with Richard Allen.
Maybe his hand has a scar or a finger once broken that shows predominantly... maybe the gun has something unique?

If that is possible, would it change anyone's mind about him being on the bridge with the girls?

If it's not anything like that, does anyone have a theory about why we haven't seen it, or why the defense doesn't want the jury to see it?
Excellent questioning! What's on that little vid clip that LE has held so tight, never showing the public.....that the defense doesn't want the public, or a jury, to see?

We know a fraction of what LE knows. I am expecting to hear evidence at the trial that we currently know nothing about.

jmo
I imagine we will hear a bunch we do not know. I wonder what we might find out? I still think there has to be some link to CSAM and the catfish thing because if not, these two kids are possibly the unluckiest kids I've ever heard of -to be catfished randomly and then meet their murderer randomly on a pleasant winter day along a trail.

Right, but I was replying to your post where you said:

"Didn't seem to bother him before he was accused of the crime at all. I wonder how he lived with himself and his guilt for all the years he walked about free if he did do this crime? ..."

So I replied that he did have an emotional meltdown of some kind, enough to be institutionalised, so you can't really say that it never bothered him and he seemed guilt free. Just sayin....
Ahh I see what you mean. To me though, until he is convicted, we can't be sure the issue of LG and AW bothered him at all ever. If he did not do the crime, then this would be unrelated to the crime imo. I'm sure we'll find out all sorts of things as we head to and get into trial.

I imagine we will hear a bunch we do not know. I wonder what we might find out? I still think there has to be some link to CSAM and the catfish thing because if not, these two kids are possibly the unluckiest kids I've ever heard of -to be catfished randomly and then meet their murderer randomly on a pleasant winter day along a trail.
I don't know what we will learn, but it's still a vivid memory in my mind of being totally surprised at the Murdaugh trial with Paul's cellphone info. That was a very well-known case, but the public was clueless about the strong evidence the prosecution had.

jmo

Last edited:
That’s totally OK! We are all here to discuss the case and share our opinions so I totally understand and appreciate that there are people that will have a different opinion than me. I absolutely reserve the right to be wrong LOL

It’s nice to see others thoughtful opinions on different aspects of the case and filings because it can give more food for thought and a lot more to talk about.

I’m an “on the fencer”. I just know that I personally need far more than what is publicly available in order to form any sort of opinion. There are too many coincidences for it not to be on purpose. There’s also soooo many unknowns, I can’t hitch my wagon to any one theory at this point!

MOO
I understand following different theories, but once the prosecutor goes ahead with charges that lead to a trial, it's time, imo, to put weight on the theory the prosecution has determined strong enough to convict the right perp.

jmopinion

I don't know what we were learn, but it's still a vivid memory of being totally surprised at the Murdaugh trial with Paul's cellphone info. That was a very well-known case, but the public was clueless about the strong evidence the prosecution had.

jmo
Not familiar with that case. Actually, this case may be the first one I've really followed so intently. Most of the ones I follow have gone with some sort of plea deal or the victims have yet to be located.

Which expert isn’t being paid? Is Nick volunteering or is he also being paid ?

If the measurement of trust is calculated based on whether the person is being paid to appear in court, then I suppose we should give the highest level of trust to the defense attorneys who are the only people we are aware of that have offered to work for free, pro bono, volunteering all of their services, manhours and expertise for this case.

MOO
But they didn't forgo being paid, just made the grand gesture to play well in the media, MO. And the D spent 12 grand on a trip to Georgia for a picture (don't know why that couldn't have been transferred in an email?) NMcL is paid by public taxes as a Prosecutor for Carroll County, he has more cases than RA's to try, of course he gets a paycheck.

I understand following different theories, but once the prosecutor goes ahead with charges that lead to a trial, it's time, imo, to put weight on the theory the prosecution has determined strong enough to convict the right perp.

jmopinion
Oh. I don’t think that the prosecution always gets it right or else we would never have a not guilty verdict.

I also need a case to be actually proven. I do believe in innocent before proven guilty. We have the probable cause affidavit and all the court filings and none of their theory makes any sense to me as of yet nor does it appear to be backed by any real evidence. IMOMOO

Last edited:
Not familiar with that case. Actually, this case may be the first one I've really followed so intently. Most of the ones I follow have gone with some sort of plea deal or the victims have yet to be located.
Oh my gosh you sure picked a real doozy ! This one is by far the most technically legal case (if that explains anything lol) that I have followed so I am learning a ton along with you!

Has RA denied being the man in the photo on the bridge?
By the way, the BG thin fabric coach tyoe jacket being a Carhartt was always a inconsistency for me.
No matter where I looked, Carhartts were clearly made of thick material.
But recently I saw they do make or did make the kind BG was wearing, with snaps closing the front and slash pockets made of thin weight rain proof type fabric.
I think the investigators blurred out theCarhartt logo on the BG photo they released to identify false tips and to preserve something they knew, which was not known the public.

But they didn't forgo being paid, just made the grand gesture to play well in the media, MO. And the D spent 12 grand on a trip to Georgia for a picture (don't know why that couldn't have been transferred in an email?) NMcL is paid by public taxes as a Prosecutor for Carroll County, he has more cases than RA's to try, of course he gets a paycheck.
My comment was about how people think negatively upon those who are paid to appear as an expert in court cases. I was just making the connection that every single person in that courtroom is being paid for their participation. So I don’t find it to be immediately distrustful just because someone is being paid for their special expertise that they’ve spent their lifetime building. IMO

Excellent questioning! What's on that little vid clip that LE has held so tight, never showing the public.....that the defense doesn't want the public, or a jury, to see?
It is the snapshot that is irrefutable. Because it places AW in the same frame with BG. So BG was with AW who is talking to LG who is recording within moments of being ordered DTH from which her phone records only 18 minutes of movement. The CAST report for what else it registered will be chilling. Eerie. Awful. MOO.I

If LE links RA to BG (how many men dressed like him had time on Monday, with or without their phones, to also be at the MHB and willing to walk on it?), then RA either commit the crime of abduction or he witnessed it. And he ain't saying that.

IMO that video in its entirety will be haunting and may well be part of the State's closing arguments, for the jury to hear, see and feel it again.

It's not just that he was on the bridge, he overtook them, and the video will prove it.

The State will use admitted exhibits, expert and lay witness' testimony to merge BG and RA, bringing it all together.

The D won't be able to put RA somewhere else.

Because he wasn't.

JMO

Last edited:
Oh. I don’t think that the prosecution always gets it right or else we would never have a not guilty verdict.

I also need a case to be actually proven. I do believe in innocent before proven guilty. We have the probable cause affidavit and all the court filings and none of their theory makes any sense to me as of yet nor does it appear to be backed by any real evidence. IMOMOO
Even if you don't think prosecution gets it right, I think it's reasonable to put weight, as I stated, on the prosecution's theory.

I've been following this case since the night the girls were reported missing and have been down many different paths, but once the arrest was made, my focus as been there. That doesn't negate "innocent before being proven guilty."

jmo

Yeah but wasn't he the one who gave the funeral photos to the family at the store and didn't take payment? He was right in their face!
I don't take careful notice of the guy in the photo department giving me my prints. I'm quickly opening the envelope to see the pictures. And imagine how emotional the family was at that time. They are not expecting that the violent killer is handing them the funeral photos.

Last edited:
Even if you don't think prosecution gets it right, I think it's reasonable to put weight, as I stated, on the prosecution's theory.

I've been following this case since the night the girls were reported missing and have been down many different paths, but once the arrest was made, my focus as been there. That doesn't negate "innocent before being proven guilty."

jmo
IMO I think that we should be looking at what the evidence actually says and not which side is presenting it.

My comment was about how people think negatively upon those who are paid to appear as an expert in court cases. I was just making the connection that every single person in that courtroom is being paid for their participation. So I don’t find it to be immediately distrustful just because someone is being paid for their special expertise that they’ve spent their lifetime building. IMO
Yes I know it was. I read your previous post too.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV
Back