Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #190

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I just watched....Thanks for sharing.
Susan Hendricks also said that there was testimony that Richard Allen said he was sorry for killing Abby (9:24 in recording), but had no words about Libby. Wonder why? Wonder if there was a connection with Libby, but Abby wasn't supposed to be there. Wonder if this wasn't a chance meeting? IMO

Maybe someone else killed Libby.

I just watched....Thanks for sharing.
Susan Hendricks also said that there was testimony that Richard Allen said he was sorry for killithyng Abby (9:24 in recording), but had no words about Libby. Wonder why? Wonder if there was a connection with Libby, but Abby wasn't supposed to be there. Wonder if this wasn't a chance meeting? IMO
I think it's safe to say LG didn't expect to meet RA that day, but it's not beyond the realm that RA intended to meet her. "He used their names".

They didn't know him, but IMO he knew them.

 JMO

The defense argued that there were flaws with the prosecution’s timeline of events, which they say would open up the possibility that a third-party suspect committed the murders. They said that before Allen was arrested, law enforcement believed multiple people were involved in the killings.

I understand they have to photocopy things. I’m specifically talking about 1,000 pages of discovery being released to RA. You and others have said this came out at the hearing. I’m curious who said this specific thing so I can try to find more context to understand why this would have been allowed.

JMO

I understood it as standard policy for Westville to photocopy all incoming mail, not legal documents, to prisoners before giving it to them because of the circumstances of attempting to smuggle drugs (paper soaked in liquid drug form) into the prison or prisoner. Especially reinforced in the past few years due to the rise of fentanyl.

That is a standard policy in a lot of jails and prisons today. Most inmates do not receive the actual letter or card sent by family or such, it is a photo copy.

I don't recall anyone saying that Westville copied all of RA's State's legal discovery. Wasn't the staff at Westville trying to reach Rozzi and Baldwin to find out how they wanted to give RA the legal documents? I think MH drove them up and dropped them off at the prison for RA on a Friday. Please correct me if I am mistaken.

JMO

He confessed to killing both girls. Maybe he blames Libby in his warped head.

Moo
It's odd. Makes me wonder what Libby had that triggered him so much. It was because she looked alike his daugther, or it was just because she tried to fight/run, something like that and infuriated him. Or he just saw the girls at the trails and she fitted on his ideal look/fantasy? Or it is because he blames her for BG's video? Apparently, the Marshall said he discussed the motives in some of his confessions.

Just a clarification--

In the video from Court TV last night, it was Susan Hendricks--author of Down the Hill who had a long career as a broadcast anchor on HNL and CNN--who talked about sitting with the families in court yesterday and noticing RA turn and glare. I don't see listed any podcast anywhere that she is in charge of when I search the different platforms, just ones where she has been interviewed over the years.

Sharing at the time stamp where she is talking about this:
Thank you for sharing. The podcasters that I was talking about are in the top square, so it makes sense they both have this story IMO MOO

He confessed to killing both girls. Maybe he blames Libby in his warped head.

Moo
Or only one name was said in a sentence and podcasters are using this as some type of fuel to make up stories that this means “he isn’t sorry” about the others when it could be as simple as he said one name. IMO MOO

This is why we need cameras in the courtroom. MOO

It's odd. Makes me wonder what Libby had that triggered him so much. It was because she looked alike his daugther, or it was just because she tried to fight/run, something like that and infuriated him. Or he just saw the girls at the trails and she fitted on his ideal look/fantasy? Or it is because he blames her for BG's video? Apparently, the Marshall said he discussed the motives in some of his confessions.

I would love to hear his motives as I still believe he wanted Libby and Abby was Collateral damage.

This is why he covered up Abby and left Libby out in the open nude just one more way to degrade her.

Moo

Or only one name was said in a sentence and podcasters are using this as some type of fuel to make up stories that this means “he isn’t sorry” about the others when it could be as simple as he said one name. IMO MOO

This is why we need cameras in the courtroom. MOO
Murder Sheet

Well, it isn't only a single set of pidcasters that are reporting this, soooo

EBM to add that a reporter outside of the courthouse said the same as well as others in attendance.
Murder Sheet

Last edited:
"The court heard testimony by a doctor who the U.S. government says is a subject matter expert in ritualistic killings...“no doubt in her mind” that it was a ritualistic Odinistic killing...

The defense questioned the doctor’s credibility..."

I think this probably is supposed to say the State questioned the credibility....

Just want to bring this forward for those of you pondering the timing of discovery delivery and RA’s confessions.

According to the Emergency Motion to Modify Safekeeping order signed and filed by defense on April 5th 2023 it states the following

“Attorneys for Mr Allen delivered nearly 1000 pages of police reports to Mr. Allen on Friday, March 24th,2023 with the intention of seeking their client’s cooperation in his own defense. As of Monday, April 3rd,2023, said information has yet to be provided to Mr.Allen”.

Page 19 section 8i

https://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/23863585/delphidocs.pdf

"The court heard testimony by a doctor who the U.S. government says is a subject matter expert in ritualistic killings...“no doubt in her mind” that it was a ritualistic Odinistic killing...

The defense questioned the doctor’s credibility..."

I think this probably is supposed to say the State questioned the credibility....

It's my understanding that Rozzi was borderline brutal with this witness.
She apparently did NOT align with either the defense or the Prosecutor.

You would need to find the notes on the warden and the investigator. There are organized law-focused places where you can find this. The prison photocopies every piece of paper including legal mail because of the K2/drugs. Unfortunately we don’t have transcript yet so I cant just send you the line but the context and reason why is in those testimonies (the drugs)
Lawyers are allowed to bring in legal documents to go over with their clients that are not photo copied. If Rozzi and Baldwin sent an errand person, intern, or whatever to drop off the massive amount of State Discovery at the main area, instead of walking it in themselves, that would be a real problem to me.

Why wouldn't the attorneys deliver the documents to RA themselves? That's a big deal...huge. Their client has mental health issues that they are well aware of, so why risk dumping this on him while he is alone and unprepared????

Why wouldn't they have made it clear or left clear instructions on when and how to deliver the materials?

Something about this feels very wrong to me.

JMO

I am no crime scene investigator but personally I think someone who does that kind of brutal killing has a lot of hate for females

I said in my previous comments here that IMO the defense choose to went with the odinist theory because they had to try to explain the confessions in some way. I still believe it. RA is a nightmare client. I hope today will be a interesting hearing about what the prosecution will say about RL and KL.

Yeah - I think you are correct

The psychosis defence obviously opens the door to his medical records and we can see from Dr Wala's testimony what a potential disaster that is

I think this is also why the Due Process Gang are all in on the Karen Read strategies. They need a fan base who believe there is some giant law enforcement conspiracy here ....

MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back