TX- Dad drugged at a Montrose bar after drinking his wife’s drink roofied by a ‘creepy’ guy, Houston, July '24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

dotr

Reaction score
“I had my drink right here in front of me,” she said. “And then I grabbed it, stirred it, drank it, set it down.”
While sitting and texting her daughter, a random man walked up and sat down next to her. When she set her drink down on the table, the man said, “Hi.”
“I just looked up at him and said, ‘Hello’,” Melissa said. “Then he told me, ‘It looks like you’re stuck with me tonight.’ I was like, whatever. It kind of was, it was creepy. So, I grabbed my drink and I told him, ‘I’m going to call my husband.’”

''Security camera video obtained by KPRC 2 shows the man, who Melissa pointed out.''
But to this point, they thought this was a run-in with a weirdo.
Still, Melissa just wanted to go home and leave that drink behind.''

“I was like, ‘Well, I didn’t want to waste $8.’ So, I grabbed the drink, and I just swung it. I took a big swig,” Daniel said.
By the time they walked out of the bar, Daniel was starting to fall apart. By the time they got to their home in the Energy Corridor, Daniel was a mess.''
Jul 27, 2024
A father and husband was drugged while out drinking with his wife at a Montrose bar.Daniel and Melissa Zuniga were out at their favorite local watering hole, Rudyard’s, along Waugh Drive in Montrose. It’s a bar the high school sweethearts have been visiting for more than two decades.“It was supposed to be just a normal night,” Daniel told KPRC 2′s Gage Goulding.

So the guy didn't buy her the drink and simply sat down with her at her table for a short time but was somehow able to drug her drink? Hmm.
If you’ve ever been a young woman in college, you’ll have heard, seen, or experienced how quickly a roofie can get slipped into a drink.

There’s a TikTok video you can look up ‘showing my friends how easy it is for their drink to be spiked: Swedish fish edition’. I don’t think I can link it according to WS rules

If you’ve ever been a young woman in college, you’ll have heard, seen, or experienced how quickly a roofie can get slipped into a drink.

There’s a TikTok video you can look up ‘showing my friends how easy it is for their drink to be spiked: Swedish fish edition’. I don’t think I can link it according to WS rules
Respectfully, there are TikTok videos for an innumerable number of things that are untrue. I remain skeptical of this story, and it's not because I don't believe women. Quite the opposite.

“I had my drink right here in front of me,” she said. “And then I grabbed it, stirred it, drank it, set it down.”
While sitting and texting her daughter, a random man walked up and sat down next to her. When she set her drink down on the table, the man said, “Hi.”
“I just looked up at him and said, ‘Hello’,” Melissa said. “Then he told me, ‘It looks like you’re stuck with me tonight.’ I was like, whatever. It kind of was, it was creepy. So, I grabbed my drink and I told him, ‘I’m going to call my husband.’”

''Security camera video obtained by KPRC 2 shows the man, who Melissa pointed out.''
But to this point, they thought this was a run-in with a weirdo.
Still, Melissa just wanted to go home and leave that drink behind.''

“I was like, ‘Well, I didn’t want to waste $8.’ So, I grabbed the drink, and I just swung it. I took a big swig,” Daniel said.
By the time they walked out of the bar, Daniel was starting to fall apart. By the time they got to their home in the Energy Corridor, Daniel was a mess.''
Jul 27, 2024
A father and husband was drugged while out drinking with his wife at a Montrose bar.Daniel and Melissa Zuniga were out at their favorite local watering hole, Rudyard’s, along Waugh Drive in Montrose. It’s a bar the high school sweethearts have been visiting for more than two decades.“It was supposed to be just a normal night,” Daniel told KPRC 2′s Gage Goulding.
i know its a serious situation but im cracking up at "well i didnt want to waste $8" with how expensive everything is now id probably have drunk it too

well that bar needs better surveillance - can barely see the creep
I've been roofied (twice) - it's the worst experience and I wasn't even victimized beyond ingesting it but it really does throw you for a loop

So the guy didn't buy her the drink and simply sat down with her at her table for a short time but was somehow able to drug her drink? Hmm.

“While sitting and texting her daughter, a random man walked up and sat down next to her.”

I think it would have been easy for him to do it while she was engrossed with texting her daughter and looking down at her phone. It only takes a second. It’s not like he’s mixing up some complicated concoction.

They have video of the guy and physical proof something happened to her husband. Are you implying that they are faking it and he roofied himself?

I’m confused as to your point?? What is there to be sceptical of?
I am confused as well. There is footage of that strange man at a table with the wife, and the drug test proved that the husband was indeed drugged. The police are treating this as legitimate and have given no indication that this may be a hoax. MOO

''What are predatory/“date rape” drugs?​

Predatory drugs are usually very powerful depressants and/or tranquilizers that are used for the purpose of rendering an individual incapacitated. They are often mixed with alcoholic beverages and some are tasteless and odorless, such as GHB. The most common predatory/“date rape” drugs are alcohol, GHB, Rohypnol, and Ketamine. Because alcohol is a depressant and some of these drugs also suppress the nervous system, the mix can be life threatening.

What are the signs/symptoms of being drugged?​

GHB and Rohypnol are depressants and therefore the signs and symptoms are very similar to being heavily intoxicated (weakness, fatigue, slurred speech, loss of motor coordination, and visual impairment). These drugs begin to impact the person within 15-30 minutes of consumption. If someone appears to be far more intoxicated than they should be for how much they drank, and the onset of these symptoms is severe and sudden, they may have been drugged. Ketamine, while not a depressant, alters perception, and may cause hallucinations and heart palpitations.''

I am confused as well. There is footage of that strange man at a table with the wife, and the drug test proved that the husband was indeed drugged. The police are treating this as legitimate and have given no indication that this may be a hoax. MOO
So he took a home drug test instead of going to a hospital: "The next day he took an over-the-counter drug test, which lit up like a Christmas tree for drugs he’s never taken before."

Lit up like a Christmas tree for drugS he's never taken before? Very odd. So not only was the guy able to slip an drug into the drink of a woman who was with a guy in seconds in front of her, but he slipped multiple drugs in?

Also, re the police treating this as legitimate: "The family filed a report with the Houston Police Department. In the meantime, they’ve been working with the owner of Rudyard’s. He wasn’t able to speak on camera, but he wants to help in every way possible."

So no word on how LE is treating this, just that a report was filed. I assume the "they" above working with the owner Rudyard's is the family because what would LE be working on "in the meantime"?

Story has holes IMO. I don't want to argue with anyone but I think someone needed a cover story for their drug use in the bathroom at the bar.

So he took a home drug test instead of going to a hospital: "The next day he took an over-the-counter drug test, which lit up like a Christmas tree for drugs he’s never taken before."

Lit up like a Christmas tree for drugS he's never taken before? Very odd. So not only was the guy able to slip an drug into the drink of a woman who was with a guy in seconds in front of her, but he slipped multiple drugs in?

Also, re the police treating this as legitimate: "The family filed a report with the Houston Police Department. In the meantime, they’ve been working with the owner of Rudyard’s. He wasn’t able to speak on camera, but he wants to help in every way possible."

So no word on how LE is treating this, just that a report was filed. I assume the "they" above working with the owner Rudyard's is the family because what would LE be working on "in the meantime"?

Story has holes IMO. I don't want to argue with anyone but I think someone needed a cover story for their drug use in the bathroom at the bar.
I do see where you’re coming from. But in the face of lack of access to rohypnol, quaaludes, etc, would-be rapists have resorted to drug cocktails in order to subdue their target. Who knows what was in it - I’ve heard of everything from Xanax, hydroxixine, seroquel, benadryl, ambien, and even ecstasy or stimulants because they believe it will make the target more pliable to their advances.

Maybe, just MAYBE, he was an unfortunate recipient of fentanyl laced cocaine. But at this point, I have no reason to disbelieve this couple. IMO MOO

Can I post the daughter’s AMA? It mentions he tested positive for Buprenorphine (aka Subutex/Suboxone), which is absolutely not a recreational drug. It is typically used in medication assisted therapy and is formulated to avoid feelings of a ‘high’. It can be in pill or dissolvable strip form (think Colgate breath strips). IMO MOO

Here Is a case study on buprenorphine being used to facilitate sexual abuse: https://web.archive.org/web/2019021...08e6/d8da4233b2a210976eae002d75c06cc67efc.pdf

Last edited:

So the husband got a guy to go sit creepily next to his wife to cover his drug use, then got smashed, went home , took a drug test the next day, reported it to police and the media to COVER his drug use?

Sadly drink spiking has surged again in my area. A friend couple stopped at a familiar sports bar after a softball game last summer, some guys at a table next to them briefly sat at their table (minutes) and hours later the couple wakes in their car on a side street not remembering anything except vague memory of guys laughing and their money/cards gone. It happens that fast. Robbery seems to be the motive more now days with men increasingly the victims as well as women.

So the husband got a guy to go sit creepily next to his wife to cover his drug use, then got smashed, went home , took a drug test the next day, reported it to police and the media to COVER his drug use?

Sadly drink spiking has surged again in my area. A friend couple stopped at a familiar sports bar after a softball game last summer, some guys at a table next to them briefly sat at their table (minutes) and hours later the couple wakes in their car on a side street not remembering anything except vague memory of guys laughing and their money/cards gone. It happens that fast. Robbery seems to be the motive more now days with men increasingly the victims as well as women.
I may be wrong and that's totally ok. I just think it's a weird story. If I thought I was roofied and planned to make a report I'd head to a hospital ASAP. But I'm a woman for what that's worth.

How did they happen to have a home drug test? If he was so bad off, would his wife just leave him to drive to the local CVS or Walgren's to buy a test instead of taking him to an Urgent Care or ER to get checked out?

Do people usually have these around the house? Was it within-dates or old and expired?

This is very wierd to me.

How did they happen to have a home drug test? If he was so bad off, would his wife just leave him to drive to the local CVS or Walgren's to buy a test instead of taking him to an Urgent Care or ER to get checked out?

Do people usually have these around the house? Was it within-dates or old and expired?

This is very wierd to me.
They went home and the daughter had to help the wife bring him in. The wife just thought he was very drunk until he woke up with no memory of leaving the bar, coming home, etc, at which point a drug test was purchased.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back