Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #190

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Since false confessions are the number one cause of wrongful convictions in homicide cases, there are plenty of exonerees to ask.

Indeed, if this man has falsely confessed, he is quite consistent in doing so, over 60 times, in addition, reportedly having specific knowledge of the murder, to include an item, or items of fact known only to the killer himself. I imagine such information may too have been gleaned from alternative sources, but unlikely.

Lawyers are allowed to bring in legal documents to go over with their clients that are not photo copied. If Rozzi and Baldwin sent an errand person, intern, or whatever to drop off the massive amount of State Discovery at the main area, instead of walking it in themselves, that would be a real problem to me.

Why wouldn't the attorneys deliver the documents to RA themselves? That's a big deal...huge. Their client has mental health issues that they are well aware of, so why risk dumping this on him while he is alone and unprepared????

Why wouldn't they have made it clear or left clear instructions on when and how to deliver the materials?

Something about this feels very wrong to me.

JMO
My opinion is they had no knowledge their client was having mental health issues in spring of 2023. I believe they had only seen their client once the previous year which would explain their shock in his physical changes.
I find it disappointing that they didn’t bring in the police reports and go over it with RA on March 24th.

All my opinion

Just want to bring this forward for those of you pondering the timing of discovery delivery and RA’s confessions.

According to the Emergency Motion to Modify Safekeeping order signed and filed by defense on April 5th 2023 it states the following

“Attorneys for Mr Allen delivered nearly 1000 pages of police reports to Mr. Allen on Friday, March 24th,2023 with the intention of seeking their client’s cooperation in his own defense. As of Monday, April 3rd,2023, said information has yet to be provided to Mr.Allen”.

Page 19 section 8i

https://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/23863585/delphidocs.pdf
Oooookay. So the photocopied 1,000 pages of discovery by some random person is nothing but rank speculation based on the notion that jails photocopy mail. Got it. Thank you for connecting the dots.

JMO

My opinion is they had no knowledge their client was having mental health issues in spring of 2023. I believe they had only seen their client once the previous year which would explain their shock in his physical changes.
I find it disappointing that they didn’t bring in the police reports and go over it with RA on March 24th.

All my opinion
I agree I find it appalling if they didn't deliver that to RA in person. I also agree they didn't see RA in person more than once or twice before all heck broke loose.

I don't believe RA was having extreme MH issues until the spring of 2023. R&B knew of RA's past depression and probably of his week long stay in a mental health facility in 2019. Surely they would have known that by then?

Why would they not bring those documents to RA and go over them together? 100% yes, I agree.

JMO

Indeed, if this man has falsely confessed, he is quite consistent in doing so, over 60 times, in addition, reportedly having specific knowledge of the murder, to include an item, or items of fact known only to the killer himself. I imagine such information may too have been gleaned from alternative sources, but unlikely.
Jerry Holeman disclosed plenty of facts only the killer would know during his interview with RA on Oct. 26, 2022:

Specifically pages 9 and 10, which is only a snippet of the interview.

Oooookay. So the photocopied 1,000 pages of discovery by some random person is nothing but rank speculation based on the notion that jails photocopy mail. Got it. Thank you for connecting the dots.

JMO
Yes I have no idea if they photocopied them. Testimony from a hearing ( I forgot which one) stated that Westville tried to contact the defense attorneys several times to get instructions on how to handle the 1000+ pages of documents. They did not receive a reply.
So my understanding is RA had yet to see the documents when he made his phone calls to his wife and mother and any confessions made thereof would be without the influence of that discovery.
It is never made clear when he was finally able to review those documents but per the defense filing it was not prior to April 3, 2023.
All my opinion

It is going to be so difficult to follow this trial in any depth as we will be reliant on those who can attend.Each person who attends will report what they think is important or what fits the narrative they want to tell. I guess I better start saving my pennies to buy the transcript once it is finished.

A clarification if anyone knows

Is the D wanting Dr Walla to testify on mental health issues but block her talking about any confession?

Or do they seek to exclude her completely?

I believe they wanted to use her testimony to support having the confessions thrown out. She may not even be called to testify at the trial if they are successful. (This is not fact, just my understanding.)

IMO MOO

I think we're talking about two different things and that I misunderstood you. I thought your original comment was about this morning's hearings.

Nope. I have no information as of yet regarding today's hearings.

I thought you asked about the psychologist and Rozzi going after her, no?

I am no crime scene investigator but personally I think someone who does that kind of brutal killing has a lot of hate for females
Yes, and something I haven't seen raised on the thread -- passive aggression. Whole lot of violence directed at one person (or two) as a display of global, repressed, stored up rage. A simmerer...

JMO

Baldwin's claim that the girls were killed by a group, and not Allen, came during the third day of a three-day hearing on key motions filed by the prosecution and defense attorneys in advance of Allen's trial, which is scheduled for October.

Richard Allen's attorney said testimony today will show Delphi teens were killed by a group

My other wild speculation - whoever did this, assaulted girls before. IMO
Not so wild, if it turns out there is a CSAM link between RA and one or both of these girls. Plus, if it's there for LE to find buried on any of his devices, his history may reveal his particular attraction/perversions. Prior to, he may have been a voyeur with assault fantasies, victims unaware.

JMO

Last edited:
<snipped>
The Dr said that the prison itself has a policy that a person may not exceed more than 30 days in solitary. The exception is extreme violence. The Dr said “that isn’t Rick”. RA was also diagnosed as “SMI” serious medical. I believe this is the lawsuit regarding IPAS Vs IDOC, and the SMI label, for those who want to read it.

All MOO IMO just my opinion :)

Is it fair to say RA is in solitary, just because he’s not amongst the general population for his own safety? He can communicate with family on his laptop, has visits with them and his lawyers, has an hour recreation time iirc.

Just because he’s not mixing with the general prison population does not equate to solitary confinement whereby a prisoner is isolated as punishment.

Comparing his safekeeping measures to solitary is totally misleading MOO. It’s an absolute false sympathy ploy orchestrated by the D. JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back