Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #190

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Is it fair to say RA is in solitary, just because he’s not amongst the general population for his own safety? He can communicate with family on his laptop, has visits with them and his lawyers, has an hour recreation time iirc.

Just because he’s not mixing with the general prison population does not equate to solitary confinement whereby a prisoner is isolated as punishment.

Comparing his safekeeping measures to solitary is totally misleading MOO. It’s an absolute false sympathy ploy orchestrated by the D. JMO

I'm sure he would be quite the target and would need to be kept away from others.

Is it fair to say RA is in solitary, just because he’s not amongst the general population for his own safety? He can communicate with family on his laptop, has visits with them and his lawyers, has an hour recreation time iirc.

Just because he’s not mixing with the general prison population does not equate to solitary confinement whereby a prisoner is isolated as punishment.

Comparing his safekeeping measures to solitary is totally misleading MOO. It’s an absolute false sympathy ploy orchestrated by the D. JMO
The prison section is called solitary confinement, per the prison. It’s not a discussion in semantics over whether he has contact with other people in general. They discuss in detail in testimony yesterday about RA being housed in solitary confinement, the hole, the shoo, administrative segregation, whatever synonym you want to use.

This is directly from the prison staff who work at the prison and once the transcripts are released we can read for ourselves.

MOO

Notes from WTHR reporter at trial this morning:
Long morning at #Delphi hearing. Started 9a. Lunch about 1:30. Let testimony from expert in ritualistic crime scenes. She said, “In my opinion, this is a textbook ritual murder.”
Here are my notes from first part of day. More coming with testimony from expert.
IMG_9056.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_9057.jpeg
    IMG_9057.jpeg
    158.5 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_9058.jpeg
    IMG_9058.jpeg
    164.6 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_9059.jpeg
    IMG_9059.jpeg
    171.9 KB · Views: 10
Jerry Holeman disclosed plenty of facts only the killer would know during his interview with RA on Oct. 26, 2022:

Specifically pages 9 and 10, which is only a snippet of the interview.
could you specify which of the "plenty of" facts JH disclosed to RA on pages 9 and 10 were not already public knowledge by October 26, 2022? TIA

Just want to bring this forward for those of you pondering the timing of discovery delivery and RA’s confessions.

According to the Emergency Motion to Modify Safekeeping order signed and filed by defense on April 5th 2023 it states the following

“Attorneys for Mr Allen delivered nearly 1000 pages of police reports to Mr. Allen on Friday, March 24th,2023 with the intention of seeking their client’s cooperation in his own defense. As of Monday, April 3rd,2023, said information has yet to be provided to Mr.Allen”.

Page 19 section 8i

https://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/23863585/delphidocs.pdf
They drop it off MAR24 and by APR3 it still has not been given to RA?

Where was it during that time period ?

The prison section is called solitary confinement, per the prison. It’s not a discussion in semantics over whether he has contact with other people in general. They discuss in detail in testimony yesterday about RA being housed in solitary confinement, the hole, the shoo, administrative segregation, whatever synonym you want to use.

This is directly from the prison staff who work at the prison and once the transcripts are released we can read for ourselves.

MOO

We’ve already learned RA is given privileges outside of what would be the standard for Solitary Confinement so it’s a misleading comparison. Both the P and D agreed that RA would continue to be held under safekeeping arrangements even if he was moved, did they not?

Do you truly believe he should be amongst the general prison population?

If this arrangement was changed I can just hear the cries - the judge is handing him a death sentence without a trial!

MOO and JMO

as for the detective "lying" to RA is the defense for real? It is a common police tactic to overstate the evidence you have against an accused. For the defense to pretend that some new nefarious thing happened to their client because the interrogating detective lied to RA is ridiculous.

Update from the Carroll County Comet: Carroll County Comet

"Day three in Carroll County Circuit Court gave a glimpse into the Defense’s evidence supporting a third-party suspect being responsible for the crimes.
Dr. Dawn Perlmutter, a scholar and author who works consults for the FBI, testified this morning that the deaths of Abigail Williams and Liberty German were, in her opinion, “textbook ritualistic killings.”
Perlmutter cited what she called crime scene indicators of ritualistic murder, including the location where the girls were killed. She likened the area near the Monon High Bridge to “casting a circle” sanctifying a space in a “clearing” near trees and a body of water. This she said is a “strong indicator” of an Odinist practice.
The date of the girls’ deaths coincide with an Odinist sacrificial holiday that starts at sundown in Feb. 13 and ends at sundown on Feb. 14.
The murder weapon she said she believed to be a ceremonial knife. Prosecutor Nick McLeland mentioned in cross examination that perhaps it was not a ceremonial knife, but rather a box cutter. We learned yesterday from law enforcement testimony that they searched a dumpster behind CVS for an CVS issued box cutter they allege Richard Allen tossed in the trash."

We’ve already learned RA is given privileges outside of what would be the standard for Solitary Confinement so it’s a misleading comparison. Both the P and D agreed that RA would continue to be held under safekeeping arrangements even if he was moved, did they not?

Do you truly believe he should be amongst the general prison population?

If this arrangement was changed I can just hear the cries - the judge is handing him a death sentence without a trial!

MOO and JMO
I think that you’re confusing what I’m saying.

In this event, RA is a pretrial detainee being held in a maximum security Administrative segregation unit. The rules that are in place in this prison apply to the convicted inmates that are being housed there, not pretrial detainees. So RA is able to have privileges that other people do not have because he is not a convicted inmate.

We can’t use the current rules created for convicted inmates and apply it to pre-trial detainees. That is how the prison is getting around the requirement that it doesn’t have to follow the rule re: solitary confinement cannot exceed 30 days, because they’re saying he’s not an inmate.

I’m not saying that he shouldn’t be in some sort of protective housing unit at a jail. My personal opinion of the staff and long documented history of corruption within Westville specifically aside, as a general opinion, I do not believe that pretrial detainees should be held in a maximum-security prisons solitary confinement section, which is made to house the worst of the worst convicted offenders, when this person has not even had a trial, isn’t convicted and it’s supposed to be innocent until proven guilty.

MOO

MOO

For his personal safety I'm sure otherwise he might not be around very long.

could you specify which of the "plenty of" facts JH disclosed to RA on pages 9 and 10 were not already public knowledge by October 26, 2022? TIA
1. Existence of an unfired cartridge at the scene of the crime.
2. Position of cartridge at the crime scene.
3. Distance of cartridge from Abby or Libby.
4. Number of witnesses.

Those are the four on those particular pages I can identify. In my opinion, there were many more lines of questioning that day that we aren't privy to. I think it possible, if not probable, that other facts were disclosed during questioning.

I don't know if RA's confessions are genuine or not. They very well could be, and I have no problem stating such. But to say that he was privy to information only the killer would know seems inaccurate to me, because I can see that one outside source of information was handed to him during interrogation.

I noticed one of the notes mentioned he was being recorded around the clock is that not par of the course considering he was suicidal?

So I’m stumped, how and when was he targeted by the Odin guards? It’s as if he was recorded around the clock either for his own protection or for the protection of the prison by false allegations being made, or both.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back