Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #190

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The transcripts from these hearings should be out in a couple weeks so we’ll be able to read everything that’s happening in these court hearings. There are people who have already collected money to buy them and will be sharing with the public MOO
IIRC transcripts are quite costly. I want to say maybe $1.50 per page. So, these 3 days of hearings could have a hefty price when it comes to transcription of it all. :eek:

Off to see what I can find for Indiana though as it could be less/more. Dunno'

The prison section is called solitary confinement, per the prison. It’s not a discussion in semantics over whether he has contact with other people in general.
I think that is a very important discussion about semantics. 'Solitary Confinement' in its standard form can be severe and cruel. And yet we see that RA's situation seems different in important ways.

Here is standard definition of Solitary Confinement:

While there is no universally agreed definition of solitary confinement – often also called ‘segregation’, ‘isolation’, ‘lockdown’ or ‘super-max’ – it is commonly understood to be the physical isolation of individuals who are confined to their cells for 22 to 24 hours a day, and allowed only minimal meaningful interaction with others.

Contact with family or visitors is often restricted or denied altogether
, despite the fact that contact with family in particular, has been shown to be an important factor in successful rehabilitation.

Solitary confinement increases the risk of torture or ill-treatment going unnoticed and undetected, and it can in itself constitute torture and ill-treatment, in particular where it is prolonged or indefinite.

OK, RA had his own tablet, with which he could call family or friends whenever he felt like it. He could watch films and listen to music. So this does not fit with the usual definition of 'solitary' confinement. Contact with friends and family was not restricted.

And there were trustees who stood just outside his cell and many conversed with him.

As to 'torture or mistreatment going unnoticed'---he was being filmed and watched 24/7, for his own protection. There was no indication that he was actually being tortured or mistreated, in spite of the D's claims.

There are two incidents of him being tased but that is what happens to any of the inmates if they defy the guards. That does not rise to the level of torture.

As to his psychosis, there are a few potential causes. It was probably a combination of al of them. Depression from being incarcerated and charged with a serious crime, mixed with longstanding MH issues and possibly exacerbated by feelings of guilt and remorse. JMO

They discuss in detail in testimony yesterday about RA being housed in solitary confinement, the hole, the shoo, administrative segregation, whatever synonym you want to use.

This is directly from the prison staff who work at the prison and once the transcripts are released we can read for ourselves.

MOO

Last edited:
Update from the Carroll County Comet: Carroll County Comet

"Day three in Carroll County Circuit Court gave a glimpse into the Defense’s evidence supporting a third-party suspect being responsible for the crimes.
Dr. Dawn Perlmutter, a scholar and author who works consults for the FBI, testified this morning that the deaths of Abigail Williams and Liberty German were, in her opinion, “textbook ritualistic killings.”
Perlmutter cited what she called crime scene indicators of ritualistic murder, including the location where the girls were killed. She likened the area near the Monon High Bridge to “casting a circle” sanctifying a space in a “clearing” near trees and a body of water. This she said is a “strong indicator” of an Odinist practice.
So a 'place in a clearing near trees and a body of water' is a ritual circle?

Isn't it also a picnic place, a good campsite, a good place for teens to chill, a make-out spot, a place for hikers to rest, and a good place to take selfies?

The date of the girls’ deaths coincide with an Odinist sacrificial holiday that starts at sundown in Feb. 13 and ends at sundown on Feb. 14.
If that is a known 'sacrificial holiday'---did she provide a list of sacrificed murder victims from that known date?
The murder weapon she said she believed to be a ceremonial knife. Prosecutor Nick McLeland mentioned in cross examination that perhaps it was not a ceremonial knife, but rather a box cutter. We learned yesterday from law enforcement testimony that they searched a dumpster behind CVS for an CVS issued box cutter they allege Richard Allen tossed in the trash."

Or, her initial opinion based on secondhand information was only solidified when she saw the actual evidence. I am not sure what the issue is here.
I'd like to see what she has based it on. That 'clearing by water and trees' means nothing. It is not Odinist any more than it is a good place to make s'mores.

And that 'known' date for ritual sacrifices---I'd like her to give us a list of all the known Odinist sacrifices on that known date she has studied in the past.

ANYONE in the woods with 2 dead victims that they want to camouflage could toss tree branches and leaves on top. That doesn't automatically make them Odinists. IMO

Also,if the Defense is saying that the timing is inaccurate as far as what has been established, does this expert believe that the bodies were placed in that area in the Middle of the night and then the ritual took place?

Or, were the girls taken elsewhere and brought back alive at night and THEN a ritual took place in pitch darkness? But, somehow these Heathens were able to make an elaborate set with ritualistic symbols?

Can someone please tell me exactly what the defense is saying?

Make it make sense please!
And the group ritual sacrifice was then taking place in the middle of the night, right there, while there were still family, friends and first responders looking for the girls?

Testimony on Thursday also provided answers to why ISP took temporary custody of another person of interest, Kegan Kline, and spent weeks searching the Wabash River under a bridge near his Peru home. This happened a few months before Allen's arrest in 2022.

Kline reportedly lied to detectives that he and his father were at a cemetery near the wooded area where the girls were found on the day of the homicides. He also told police his dad threw a knife and cell phone into the river while they drove over the bridge on the way home.

Searchers found many knives and cell phones in the water but nothing of value to the investigation, one officer testified on Thursday evening.

So KK lied? I'm shocked! :rolleyes:

Yes it is talked about with some details by the warden, the internal affairs officer and the psychologist who testified yesterday. The warden said that they do not do any sort of background check on the inmate companions regarding their charges etc but they are the trustee inmates. They get time off their sentences if they get useful information. IMO It’s basically a jail house snitch program lol

The psychologist said that she was against the inmate companions because they are not allowed to speak to the person that they are watching. This was an issue from the beginning, as the inmates were constantly breaking the rules and talking to RA, asking questions, spreading this around other inmates and telling their friends at home.

MOO
So what is the difference between that, and RA being in Gen Pop?

If he was going out to regular meals and exercise etc, all the inmates would be able to talk to him, ask questions, spread things around, etc.

So they place the most trusted 'trustee' inmates at his door, who speak to him, listen to him, and now there are complaints about that.

I THOUGHT the complaints were about him being isolated in solitary with no contact with others? NOW the complaint is that he has daily contact with others?

It seems to me that the crime scene likely has some indications of a ritualistic killing. Purdue Prof will IMO be less adamant but won’t rule it out and Dr Dawn Perlmutterfrom today will testify strongly to that. So are D going all in with one or all three of their preferred Odinists or just leaving it broad? Because this would make the link much more challenging IMO given they haven’t broken the alibis of the three as far as I know.
MOO

Last edited:
The trustees take their jobs very serious. I linked an article many threads back about how some are traumatized by the things they see. Calling them “actors” is a stretch. People are on suicide watch and their fellow prisoners are there to provide a lifeline. Sounds humane.
I completely agree.

First people are complaining that he is being kept isolated with no human contact at all.

Then the complaints are about fellow inmates, being paid to prevent him from killing himself, by sitting outside his door and communicating with him.

So which one is it?

Westville doesn't exactly have a reputation for its altruism. These are all convicted felons getting paid to do this job.
Who else is going to do the job?

If guards were placed outside his door to watch him, that would be considered awful.

So fellow inmates, who have nothing but time on their hands sit there and often converse with him, and get money for their snacks and toothpaste.

Convicted felons are getting paid to do the job because they are right there and willing to work.

Would it be better if no one was there looking out for him and speaking to him?

The trustee inmate is supposed to watch and write down what they observe. They are not allowed to speak to the other inmate.

There was issues immediately with these inmates talking to RA, asking questions about his case, spreading this information amongst other inmates and calling their friends and family at home and discussing things that they said to RA and That he said in return.

These particular trustees that we are discussing do not have a good reputation regarding following the rules of this program as testified by the prison staff yesterday.

MOO
Of course they are going to speak to each other. They are incarcerated with very little interaction with others available.

I think it is a good thing that he has fellow inmates sitting right there---especially if they communicate with him. If it wasn't for the fact that he was sometimes confessing, people here would probably be happy that he had this human interaction, imo.

Last edited:
IIRC transcripts are quite costly. I want to say maybe $1.50 per page. So, these 3 days of hearings could have a hefty price when it comes to transcription of it all. :eek:

Off to see what I can find for Indiana though as it could be less/more. Dunno'

Did you find anything out?

Am sure someone will get a copy of the transcript that has followed the case for some time.

Never know.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove