Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #190

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Like why they didnt try to fond out where Mr. Whiteman lived and because of that figure out the error.

I agree, when searching for a missed tip the name shouldn’t have mattered at all. But since he declared to not have seen Libby or Abby it possibly was put in a Useless file, even though he placed himself at the bridge. So many tips - 50,000 or 60,000? - would be almost impossible to accurately manage under any system. JMO

I agree, when searching for a missed tip the name shouldn’t have mattered at all. But since he declared to not have seen Libby or Abby it possibly was put in a Useless file, even though he placed himself at the bridge. So many tips - 50,000 or 60,000? - would be almost impossible to accurately manage under any system. JMO
Yeah, it's like the Yorkshire Ripper case all over again.

MOO

MOO I think When he gave a tip the number was still pretty small.

In a small town, sometimes a local event is more impactful.

I remember a child murder that happened in my town. His body was dumped within sight of my infants school. There's virtually nothing about the crime on the internet, even in newspaper archives, but it was the first time a murder happened so close to me, to another child. It changed me, and I've never forgotten his name, or his face.

Everyone in that town would have known Abby or Libby, or known people who knew them. They would have gone to the same schools, the same churches, the same sports teams. They would have visited Monon High Bridge as teenagers, with their friends, walked the perilous spans, taken pictures.

When it's close, you remember things.
MOO

I remember one such case in my hometown and it was the only one of its kind, but I don't remember the day it happened nor what I was doing at the time.

I do remember her though as I knew her from school so that name probably everyone knows and not just locally - it did make the news and newspapers, but before the internet was ever born.

Never solved yet not quite forgotten, but I still don't remember where I was at the time or what I was doing except that it would have been a school day and night...

Dan Dulin wrote down that Rick Whiteman said that he was at the trails between 130 and 330. The only information we’ve ever got from RA himself is that he left at 1:30.

I don’t consider this a change of story as there is no proof of DD and RAs conversation to independently confirm what was actually said. I can’t consider any of DDs note as a fact.

Two other people have also confessed to this crime, so we can’t just convict on confessions. Or else the crime would’ve been solved on FEB14 when the first suspect went home and confessed to a family member things that only the killer would know.

MOO

Nope there is plenty of evidence not just the 61 confessions

He remembered correctly when he spoke to the CO shortly after the murders.
MOO people do remember what they were doing on the day such a murder happened.

I think our memories are good around the time something occurs, but months later they can start to fade somewhat so 6 years later things may alter a little.

RA may have not had a strong recollection of what was brought up in his initial interview as to why the inconsistencies in time.

Not trying to make excuses for him - he just may not have remembered everything that was said.

Im sorry - I don’t think Im seeing what you’re referring to. Are you able to screenshot and post a photo of what you’re talking about because I am only seeing a copy and paste of the probable cause affidavit?
I linked the motion and cited the pages. It was a motion filed months after the PCA.
Did the PCA state that a gun could be heard cycling during the video taken by Libby of RA? If so, then I think it was overlooked by many.
I realize we haven’t seen the video but the state’s narrative about the damning evidence it includes has not changed.
According to the state the video shows RA abducting the girls at gunpoint.
They have never backed away from that narrative.
The man on the bridge went from person of interest to suspect within days.
I have zero reason to not believe it is exactly as they state.
I believe it will be evident at trial.
Just like when the state said RA had made confessions. It wasn’t a bluff.

All my opinion.

But if it was misfiled from the beginning, it would be invisible to the investigation. Garbage in, garbage out.

MOO
What I am seeing is that it was misfiled by NAME.
They should have been moving heaven and earth to find out who "Whiteman" was, due to the content of the interview as he was on the trail at the time at the murders.

The first photo of BG from LGs phone was released late in the day on 2/17/17 They said the photo came from a trail cam.
It was released saying they had talked to everyone on the trail that day, except for the man on the bridge calling him a potential witness asking him to come forward.
They knew he was the killer.
BG knew the photo was from LG's POV and not a trail cam.

I linked the motion and cited the pages. It was a motion filed months after the PCA.
Did the PCA state that a gun could be heard cycling during the video taken by Libby of RA? If so, then I think it was overlooked by many.
I realize we haven’t seen the video but the state’s narrative about the damning evidence it includes has not changed.
According to the state the video shows RA abducting the girls at gunpoint.
They have never backed away from that narrative.
The man on the bridge went from person of interest to suspect within days.
I have zero reason to not believe it is exactly as they state.
I believe it will be evident at trial.
Just like when the state said RA had made confessions. It wasn’t a bluff.

All my opinion.
If you see the paragraph directly above the text turns into bold italics, you can see that it is referring to Tony Liggets report.

A904C171-A60C-4D3A-B84F-A2656F408101.jpeg

Other notes from Wednesday's hearing​

The prison psychologist assigned to treat Allen while he served time at the Westville Correctional Facility testified that she has long been fascinated by the Delphi murders and that she and her boyfriend traveled together to Delphi so they could visit the crime scene and stand on the Monon High Bridge prior to learning of Allen’s arrest.

Dr. Monica Wala said she frequently listens to true crime podcasts about the Delphi murders case during her commute to the Westville prison and has commented on social media about which of those podcasts she recommends. She also admitted she used her IDOC-issued computer to research other people mentioned as having possible involvement in the murders, a possible violation of department policy.

Wala testified that she also spoke with Allen about the positive comments she has read online from his supporters, and she advised him not to discuss his possible involvement in the murders with anyone other than his defense attorneys. Asked by Rozzi if her actions presented a conflict of interest and ethical problems, Wala responded “I disagree.”

Would that not make her a conflict of interest and an unreliable witness? Couldn't the defense attorneys tear into her and say she went into this already bias towards him?

They have video. I don't understand why you think the man approaching on video, on the bridge isn't the speaker of G, DTH?

As he's approaching Abby says (paraphrasing) Can't we keep going? and Libby answers, The trail ends. He gets close enough to the girls that Abby says (paraphrasing), Is that a gun? He has a gun. Then the man says, "Guys" Libby mutters, Umm. The next thing you hear is same guy voice, "Down the hill".

How is that NOT the same man that was just videoed crossing the bridge towards them? I don't see how that's in question?
is it possible that they were met at the END of the bridge by someone who isn’t RA? We see he approached the kids in his walk toward them from the opposite side, but could that have been someone who might have been originally at the side they were ending up at and then he doubled back so he was no behind them? If RA was at the end where they were dropped off - IFFFFFF he did leave as he says he did (which the D will surely be pushing, though I have no idea how they’ll try to prove this!!)… is this an avenue the D might then try to push - SODDI did it. The SOD was already at the end of the bridge, went out, doubled back and it went down that way - RA wasn’t the guy….??

Just trying to see ways the D might try to dissuade a jury from thinking RA is the guy BARD.

Would that not make her a conflict of interest and an unreliable witness? Couldn't the defense attorneys tear into her and say she went into this already bias towards him?
It'd be the prosecution ripping into her, but yes, I think she wouldn't look good if that was allowed to be asked about in front of the jury.

MOO

I hope BH and company file against the D team for dragging these innocent men into a double murder case.
Blasting their names when LE already investigated them and cleared them is definitely defamation of character and all other kinds of character/personal damage to them and their families.
When would we expect them to do so if they were going to do so? I remember reading that one of them was planning to or had (?) consulted a lawyer about it then didn’t hear anything further - has there been some progress in this regard - does anyone know? MOOOOO because I cannot find the link about him consulting a lawyer…. Does anyone have it handy??? Why are links never around and easy to find a year later?? UGH.

I meant prosecution, I don't know why I put defense. I'm curious to see if they are going to call her as a witness
It'd be the prosecution ripping into her, but yes, I think she wouldn't look good if that was allowed to be asked about in front of the jury.

MOO

I think she said on the stand that they were "friends" - so that in itself surely compromises her professionalism and what have you.

Am sure she will be challenged if it comes to that and shot down, not by a real gun, but by the Prosecution.

I think she said on the stand that they were "friends" - so that in itself surely compromises her professionalism and what have you.

Am sure she will be challenged if it comes to that and shot down, not by a real gun, but by the Prosecution.
I'm sure she will be too. I would think that her own admission of them being "friends", will make the defense do everything they can to keep her from testifying. I can only imagine what she truly knows if she was comfortable enough with him to use that to describe their relationship instead of her saying he was a patient.

We don’t have to guess. It’s clearly explained in the States Motion for Leave of Court to Subpoena Third Party. Filed April 20, 2023
Begins on page 123 and description of video of page 124

Libby is video taping Abby walking on the MHB and RA is seen approaching Abby from behind. One of girls says “Gun” and then the man is seen and heard directing the girls down the hill.
The video ends shortly after.
Page 128 states that on the video you can hear the gun being cycled.

https://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/23863585/delphidocs.pdf
I wonder how much he was “seen”!? Watch them drop a full face shot of him at the trial. lol. That would be amazing!

I agree that there’s professional conflict there but I’m wondering..

if the prison psychologist is the prosecutions witness, why would the prosecution want to stop her from testifying or rip into her? She’s the states witness.

I agree that there’s professional conflict there but I’m wondering..

if the prison psychologist is the prosecutions witness, why would the prosecution want to stop her from testifying or rip into her? She’s the states witness.
If she is a prosecution witness, why would they put her on the stand? It's a lose/lose for defense and prosecution to have her as a witness.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV
Back