Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #190

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Why should we not believe him? Over 100+ confessions and incriminating statements. When does logic come into play...after 25? After 50? When?
My logic is: if he confessed before police questioned him and had details the public didn’t have, that would carry the most weight to me.

Before I can assess how I would weight his statements post arrest, I would want a lot more info than we currently have.

Currently, without a lot more information, I don’t care if he confessed to the pope and or all the various gods.

Hopefully, the state has the evidence they need without the confessions since the arrested him without need or benefit of them.

My logic is: if he confessed before police questioned him and had details the public didn’t have, that would carry the most weight to me.

Before I can assess how I would weight his statements post arrest, I would want a lot more info than we currently have.

Currently, without a lot more information, I don’t care if he confessed to the pope and or all the various gods.

Hopefully, the state has the evidence they need without the confessions since the arrested him without need or benefit of them.
With your logic probably 90% of the people who've confessed after talking to LE and not gone to trial should be set free just because they talked to police before they confessed. I wonder if it were someone you loved murdered and the police during questioning got to the heart of the matter and found their killer, would you feel the same?

Your logic says investigations/investigators are a bad thing, while I say they solve crimes and protect and serve the people.
AJMO

Why should we not believe him? Over 100+ confessions and incriminating statements. When does logic come into play...after 25? After 50? When?

If we choose not to believe his confessions, what does that say about his character or lack of. That lies easily roll off his lips without a care or concern? IMO 60 plus false confessions surely makes him a compulsive or habitual liar?

So if he lies, what to make of his claims the time of 1:30 to 3:30pm isn’t right, that he was gone by 1:30pm, that he didn’t see Libby or Abby, that he’s not guilty of their murders?

I think Libby's video is powerful evidence which is why the DT wants so desperately to suppress it. But seeing him right there, alone with them, moments before they are never heard from again is very important evidence. And if it is true that one of the girls is heard saying 'GUN' during the audio portion, that will be very damning. IMO

Honestly, the recording of audio was app 43 sec. LE had only released a few seconds. IMO, I believe the girls were talking about being followed. This would have given LE a chance to hear what was going on. Did the girls say something like is he still there, is he getting closer? My personal belief is the girls started recording around the time we see BG behind Abby. Then we hear BG say down the hill, that is only part of the video LE released. LE should be able to assess if either of the girls recognized him.

There is a lot we have not been privy to, however, LE has listened to the whole recording and from that they make their statements. When Doug C makes the statement the image of BG and the voice, down the hill are the same, I believe him.

Link to 43 sec remark

He brutally murdered two young defenceless girls and thought he would get away with it. So now it’s all to be laid bare, he plays remorseful.

While he got away with it, he didn’t have to worry about his wife and mother finding out about his warped sick mind.

Let's not forget whatever he said in some of these confessions. It made the police question his daughters' friends, so it sounded like he was acting inappropriately around other young girls.

MOOO

I would think LE would also question Richard Allen's co-workers. IMO

Honestly, the recording of audio was app 43 sec. LE had only released a few seconds. IMO, I believe the girls were talking about being followed. This would have given LE a chance to hear what was going on. Did the girls say something like is he still there, is he getting closer? My personal belief is the girls started recording around the time we see BG behind Abby. Then we hear BG say down the hill, that is only part of the video LE released. LE should be able to assess if either of the girls recognized him.

There is a lot we have not been privy to, however, LE has listened to the whole recording and from that they make their statements. When Doug C makes the statement the image of BG and the voice, down the hill are the same, I believe him.

Link to 43 sec remark

I recently listened to an interview with Abby's mother, where she was asked about the audio of the tape, and if the girl's recognised BG.

She said they did not appear to recognise him. They were afraid and wanted to get away, but made no mention of knowing or recognising him.

With your logic probably 90% of the people who've confessed after talking to LE and not gone to trial should be set free just because they talked to police before they confessed. I wonder if it were someone you loved murdered and the police during questioning got to the heart of the matter and found their killer, would you feel the same?

Your logic says investigations/investigators are a bad thing, while I say they solve crimes and protect and serve the people.
AJMO

At this point, we have three people who have confessed to this crime to law enforcement of some capacity. Do you think they should all be convicted of this crime or how do we discern which ones are real or false?

That is why we need to be wary of false confessions and not convict solely on that. We should still have the underlying expectation of the state actually proving their case beyond any doubt with actual real evidence.

If it was my loved one, I would be horrified and guilt-ridden if I knew that an innocent person went to prison for their entire life because of a false confession.

MOO

But wasn’t it presumed the phone battery went dead as well, other than that one ping at 4:30am? I think it would be quite tricky to turn on a phone that had a 99.9% dead battery long enough to receive text messages, then time it to immediately run out of battery power. And what would be the point?

As you suggest, the logs of the actual cellphone should provide the answers.

Agreed.

The assertion from counsel that it was turned on appears to be an inference from her, and as best i can understand from Murdersheet, not what the witness says. Unless we get a pretrial hearing specifically about the digital evidence, i don't think we are going to get the answer to any of this until trial.

Best I can tell, the state case is the phone was always on, just not responding to the tower

It being always on, is a huge problem for the D case and I don't know what would prevent them establishing the turn on time from the device directly. You'd normally only have to rely on the tower if you never recovered the handset??

IMO

Last edited:
At this point, we have three people who have confessed to this crime to law enforcement of some capacity. Do you think they should all be convicted of this crime or how do we discern which ones are real or false?
Exactly, we need to discern which ones are real and which ones are false. Only one of those confessors has actually been shown to be on that bridge the afternoon of the crimes. So that is how we narrowed it down to one to be charged with the crime.
That is why we need to be wary of false confessions and not convict solely on that. We should still have the underlying expectation of the state actually proving their case beyond any doubt with actual real evidence.
True. And they apparently have about 50T of Discovery and dozens of witnesses ready to testify.
If it was my loved one, I would be horrified and guilt-ridden if I knew that an innocent person went to prison for their entire life because of a false confession.
It is not only 'one' confession. If this was a lone confession given under the initial interrogation it would be very weak. But there are more than 60, and it was said in the hearing that there are recent ones as well. He was not in a psychosis during all of his confessions. IMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth
Back