Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #191

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I’m from a town smaller than Delphi and I’m super nosy, so I’m always asking people if they’re alright or need me to call someone and people do it to me too. But I don’t know the culture in Delphi enough to say whether they do this too.

I know people that would drive on by and people who would immediately call the police to report it just in case it means something later.

I feel like most people would at minimum tell another person, either call or text their friend or partner and tell them about a weird muddy bloody guy they saw walking down the road. I know I would!

MOO
How do you know SC didn't tell someone(s). She very well could have

As a woman, if I saw a man bloody/muddy, then I'm afraid I wouldn’t stop.

He must have been in a right old state and I wouldn’t risk my own safety to help a random person. It’s just as well she didn’t offer him help either considering what crimes he had just committed. He may have even tried to harm her if he thought she could recognise him as a witness.

Moo

I think it was investigated and a woman supervisor signed a letter, under oath, that she actually saw BH at work that day, as his time card said. That was said during the testimony in last hearing, IIRC.
Cut and dry...of course she could also be in on the consiracy to frame RA. Maybe she's an Odinist too?

Like someone else said as a woman alone, if they looked like they were walking fine, not staggering or looking like they're walking in a daze or drunk, I wouldn't necessarily call it in. Some would possibly but not all. If it was someone you knew, yeah you'd probably pull over and ask them what happened.

I'm in a different camp then because I have helped complete strangers at times (not a situation like a bloody muddy man) and never second guessed myself or regretted the decision.

The only thing that ever bothered me about those situations, however, is all of the other people that were there that didn't do anything. Nothing.

One situation was a baby being smacked around by the mother publically. More like full on punches to the head which really sickened me to the core. I did stop that and quite quickly. Would I do it again?

Absolutely - without hesitation.

Alcohol and drug users are something else all together - that I'd prefer to keep well away from after living in the city and seeing it on a daily basis.

Know what might really help this case? A complete and detailed explanation from all the LE involved in this part of the investigation as to the steps they took to confirm their alibis. I mean exactly step by step. And actually, what if they put a chart together so they / we could keep track of who interviewed whom / when and what each person said? Would help highlight some contradictions / steps they may have missed or could have done better imo….

Why would it help the case?

I feel like you are flipping the burden of proof here. The State must prove RA is guilty and there is no other reasonable possibility. If the defence can point to admissible evidence that raises a reasonable possibility one of these alternate people did it - then the state must rule that person out at trial.

The defence had their day in court to show what evidence there was and their witnesses said none existed.

In my view what you are left with is peoples hunches, speculation and theories.

MOO

I'm in a different camp then because I have helped complete strangers at times (not a situation like a bloody muddy man) and never second guessed myself or regretted the decision.

The only thing that ever bothered me about those situations, however, is all of the other people that were there that didn't do anything. Nothing.

One situation was a baby being smacked around by the mother publically. More like full on punches to the head which really sickened me to the core. I did stop that and quite quickly. Would I do it again?

Absolutely - without hesitation.

Alcohol and drug users are something else all together - that I'd prefer to keep well away from after living in the city and seeing it on a daily basis.
Seeing a child being abused is a whole different thing from a muddy, bloody man, looking fit amd walking fine down the street. Maybe it's the cop's daughter in me but no way am I stopping. That's just me.

I don’t think he even realized she had a phone, let alone a photo / video of him. If he did know that, then not sure why he’d have left the phone at the scene to be found by police later on? the phone has always been a weird thing to me. How the heck did it end up where LE eventually found it anyhow? It doesn’t seem a particularly natural place for it to have ended up if in fact it was where the Franks 1 said it was found… I just can’t imagine it falling there by accident or going not noticed by someone, can you?
Sounds like a perfectly reasonable place to end up if Abby was told to put Libby's clothes on. It either fell out or she found it and hide it...most likely the former. MO

Do we think he is running with one?

I have no idea how this works in Indiana - do you have to file a notice of it pre-trial?

TIA
Well, if he was someplace alone where nobody else saw him, he's the only one who could testify to it and that's not happening. MO

He has thought already said where he was within his 100+ confessions and incriminating statements, there's that.

MS did a new episode. They don't know when the discovery was delivered to RA and what is in the discovery but they discussed interesting possibilities : the defense knows, so instead of spending 2 hours with the expert who was destroyed in cross, they could said "we delivered the discovery in the day x, and in the next day he was parroting things in the discovery". Or "we visited him and talked with him about the evidence and in the next day he was parroting what we said". Also RA was filmed in the cell, so they could show him reading the discovery and in the next day parroting things in the discovery. If they didn't that is probably because they can't. Because IMO didn't happen that way.

Last edited:
This witness could have just as easily thought he just gutted a deer or butchered a hog.

I am from London so we don’t do those things.

For people who live there how often does that happen and wouldn’t he have had the animals carcasses on him?

Im assuming you do these things to eat them!!!

Last edited:
Do we think he is running with one?

I have no idea how this works in Indiana - do you have to file a notice of it pre-trial?

TIA
Indiana statute

Whenever a defendant in a criminal case intends to offer in his defense evidence of alibi, the defendant shall, no later than:

(1) twenty (20) days prior to the omnibus date if the defendant is charged with a felony;

I am from London so we don’t do those things.

For people who live there how often does that happen and wouldn’t he of have the animals remains on him?

Im assuming you do these things to eat them!!!
Thanks for your reply. Indeed, the cultural differences are very apparent to me when I peruse these forums.

This area where these girls were murdered is definitely an area where hunting and fishing occur. There was talk early on in this case of a hunting tree stand that's in those woods. And with the stream going through, fishing too. There's actually a meat packing plant not far from the crime scene, and a farm right across the road from the crime scene too.

So yeah, it's not out of the realm of possibility that a local who knows the area wouldn't be terribly concerned seeing blood on a guy walking down the road....heck, maybe he was headed home from work.

Thanks for your reply. Indeed, the cultural differences are very apparent to me when I peruse these forums.

This area where these girls were murdered is definitely an area where hunting and fishing occur. There was talk early on in this case of a hunting tree stand that's in those woods. And with the stream going through, fishing too. There's actually a meat packing plant not far from the crime scene, and a farm right across the road from the crime scene too.

So yeah, it's not out of the realm of possibility that a local who knows the area wouldn't be terribly concerned seeing blood on a guy walking down the road....heck, maybe he was headed home from work.

Thanks so then it’s only when she realizes two girls have been murdered that she then thinks of the man she saw walking on the road.

That makes logical sense to me.

IMO

Thanks so then it’s only when she realizes two girls have been murdered that she then thinks of the man she saw walking on the road.

That makes logical sense to me.

IMO
Once again, we can't be certain what she was thinking, but this scenario is certainly as plausible as any other speculation and conjecture thrown about on this thread :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sunnid
Back