Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #191

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm sure the D didn't want RA's week long stay in a mental health facility in 2019 to come out either. That was around the time Carter had the second sketch, change of direction, we'll be surprised, it's a local, have enough humanity left to admit it Pressor. I believe that was a tactic crafted at the direction of FBI Behavior Experts not just Carter.

Again, another coincidence?

moo
It will be interesting to know if he admitted himself in a mental heatl facility in 2019 after or before the press conference. I think LE at the time had no idea who the killer was but the profile is spot on, so maybe if was after the press conference it was because RA got worried that he was about to got caught.

IMO Is it surprising a mental health report from an independent psychologist wasn’t ordered by the D. But then it might include a full background history.

“Prosecutors said Allen's shift toward bizarre behavior happened after a meeting with his lawyers. Dr. Monica Wala noted in past reports her concerns that Allen was faking his symptoms.”
“Prosecutors said Allen's shift toward bizarre behavior happened after a meeting with his lawyers. Dr. Monica Wala noted in past reports her concerns that Allen was faking his symptoms.”

I agree with her.
I’m also curious what was going on in his life immediately prior to the Delphi murders. IMO the missing link is something that might’ve set him off him into a vicious, raging episode. Personal issues (ie threats from somebody, blackmail?), work issues (ie drug theft?), marital issues (ie infidelity?), alcohol or drug addiction, financial issues (ie bankruptcy?) to name a few are all situations everyday people get faced with from time to time. So what was going on in RA’s life early Feb, 2017? The silence is deafening.

I know of two important changes in his life right before the murders.

First, keep in mind what Dr Wala said about RA's mental health diagnosis---Dependant Personality Disorder, which makes one extremely dependent upon their partner and very paranoid about being abandoned and alone.

So TWO main changes happened just before the Delphi murders:

---RA's daughter moved out of the home and in with her boyfriend and announced their engagement

---RA's wife had to go out of town to stay with her mother, and help her, after the sudden death of KA's brother, who had been Mom's caretaker.

SO SUDDENLY RA WAS LIVING ALONE---which was an emotional trigger for him.

And it was also an OPPORTUNITY for him---because he was alone in the house and no one was watching what he was up to at the time.

I agree with her.

I know of two important changes in his life right before the murders.

First, keep in mind what Dr Wala said about RA's mental health diagnosis---Dependant Personality Disorder, which makes one extremely dependent upon their partner and very paranoid about being abandoned and alone.

So TWO main changes happened just before the Delphi murders:

---RA's daughter moved out of the home and in with her boyfriend and announced their engagement

---RA's wife had to go out of town to stay with her mother, and help her, after the sudden death of KA's brother, who had been Mom's caretaker.

SO SUDDENLY RA WAS LIVING ALONE---which was an emotional trigger for him.

And it was also an OPPORTUNITY for him---because he was alone in the house and no one was watching what he was up to at the time.

Fascinating, thank you for sharing that information. It certainly could have a bearing and might even explain why he felt compelled to make multiple confessions.

Can anyone take RA off the bridge just as Libby and Abby were approaching the bridge, without using the discredited FM and wishful thinking?
A witness and RA put himself there. I wonder if his phone he said he had with him also puts him there? Or maybe the phone data puts a unidentified burner phone there?

A witness and RA put himself there. I wonder if his phone he said he had with him also puts him there? Or maybe the phone data puts a unidentified burner phone there?
I really feel that if his regular cell phone put him there at the park, from 1:30 to 3:30, LE would have already said so, in response to the D's claim that RA left at 1:30.

LE has not replied with that cell data---it makes me wonder if RA purposely left his cell turned off in the car, or left it back at home? Like what BK did in the Moscow murders.

Or....maybe he used a burner phone, or somebody else's phone.

Come to think of it, using somebody else's phone would throw an interesting curve ball to investigators now wouldn't it?
If he didn't use his own phone, then no matter how we look at it, it's suspicious. He said he was there and he said he was watching the stock tracker on his phone as he walked. That means he was using his phone and I am no expert on cell phones, but I would think using it in that way would mean it would ping or at least be on and showing him moving along the trail during the times he said he was there. What reason would there be to not have his own phone when doing this? If he was there as he said, just walking along, watching stocks on his phone and on the bridge looking at fish, and then he just left the trail to continue his day (without seeing Abby or Libby or anything suspicious) then his phone would be there and show exactly what he said he did.

I’m thinking he did not have a phone with him.
The teen girls on the trail said only that he was walking, head down, with a purpose and glared at them when they spoke to him. They never mention a phone that I’m aware of.
If RA’s phone is not showing up that’s a big problem for him since he said he was looking at stocks.

I really feel that if his regular cell phone put him there at the park, from 1:30 to 3:30, LE would have already said so, in response to the D's claim that RA left at 1:30.

LE has not replied with that cell data---it makes me wonder if RA purposely left his cell turned off in the car, or left it back at home? Like what BK did in the Moscow murders.
BUT, if he did turn his phone off or leave it at home/car/etc, then he lied and I'd ask why? Why say you are watching stocks on your phone if you were not. It wouldn't be odd to be a middle aged man out for a walk and not have your phone on you. Why not just say you walked the trail and didn't bring your phone. It seems that is easy to prove or disprove (maybe RA didn't know that they could tell he didn't have his phone when he told LE he did).

BUT, if he did turn his phone off or leave it at home/car/etc, then he lied and I'd ask why? Why say you are watching stocks on your phone if you were not. It wouldn't be odd to be a middle aged man out for a walk and not have your phone on you. Why not just say you walked the trail and didn't bring your phone. It seems that is easy to prove or disprove (maybe RA didn't know that they could tell he didn't have his phone when he told LE he did).
The teen girls on the trail said only that he was walking, head down, with a purpose and glared at them when they spoke to him. They never mention a phone that I’m aware of.
If RA’s phone is not showing up that’s a big problem for him since he said he was looking at stocks.
EXACTLY. Not having the phone, after he told LE the reason he didn't see any girls walking past was because he was watching his stock ticker on his phone, that's a problem. Why lie about that?

And why wouldn't you put your phone in your pocket if you are hiking alone on a rickety bridge?

Good Question. IF he was telling the truth about being on his phone looking at his stocks, then his cell should tell the story of how long he was there in the park.

But if it doesn't show up there, then what? Was he LYING about watching the stock ticker? If so, WHY?
I would think the defense would jump all over that also if RA's phone was at the trail and it left at 130.

How do we know these sisters are telling the truth? Considering that Murphy, one of the author's of the report, came to the conclusion that EF was playing him and the other sister's word was unreliable, what's to say the other sister isn't also not telling the truth of things? Odds are high I'd say. Two out of the three were testified about (as far as we know) under oath by Murphy at the hearings. He, an investigator, had come to the conclusion there was no merit to the EF story. Should we not believe him? MO
Another weird thing about EF's story----they live in a very small town. Why couldn't the sister's tell LE WHO the 2 guys were with EF at the bridge?

If EF really did get a ride from 2 guys that took him to Delphi, wouldn't EF be able to say who they were? And LE would have been able to investigate them as well. But apparently LE could not find any evidence that any of them were in Delphi that day.

It cannot have been off or in the car if he used it to see the stocks. It doesn’t sound like LE found the phone he was using that day in their search warrant though or if they did, perhaps nothing to support their case was found on it? Mooo.

If he didn't use his own phone, then no matter how we look at it, it's suspicious. He said he was there and he said he was watching the stock tracker on his phone as he walked. That means he was using his phone and I am no expert on cell phones, but I would think using it in that way would mean it would ping or at least be on and showing him moving along the trail during the times he said he was there. What reason would there be to not have his own phone when doing this? If he was there as he said, just walking along, watching stocks on his phone and on the bridge looking at fish, and then he just left the trail to continue his day (without seeing Abby or Libby or anything suspicious) then his phone would be there and show exactly what he said he did.
Q: there was something about the phone that was noted by the search warrant if I remember rightly. It did have an IMEI but not a serial #. Would that mess up this investigation? No link. So mooooo

RBBM,

Perhaps a then-unidentifed burner phone that was recovered from RAs place during the search warrant execution where 5+ 'old' cell phones were recovered.

So, now potentially identified.

Great reason to want that search warrant gone IMO.

Q: there was something about the phone that was noted by the search warrant if I remember rightly. It did have an IMEI but not a serial #. Would that mess up this investigation? No link. So mooooo

His cell phone did not list an IMEI but did have the following:
MEID256 691 463 100I53 495
MEIDHEX-9900247025797

I think the phone RA showed to the conservation officer had the IMEI number and it was noted. I think it's possible the phone RA showed the officer was not the phone he had on the trail, if he had one at all that day. My guess based on what we know is it was not. If it was, and it was trackable to RA, then LE would have interviewed him again, even without having the note DD wrote.

How do we know these sisters are telling the truth? Considering that Murphy, one of the author's of the report, came to the conclusion that EF was playing him and the other sister's word was unreliable, what's to say the other sister isn't also not telling the truth of things? Odds are high I'd say. Two out of the three were testified about (as far as we know) under oath by Murphy at the hearings. He, an investigator, had come to the conclusion there was no merit to the EF story. Should we not believe him? MO
I also think EF could have told his sister this story.. she would then be telling the truth to LE and on a polygraph because she would be relaying what EF said to her. That doesn't mean EF is telling her the truth to begin with.

I come back to IF there was really any merit to the defense thinking EF could have done this and they wanted to present him as a SODDI, then why not present specifics at the hearings last week? Was EF's cell in the area? What proof is there that EF told his sister before the girls were found on the 14th? What specifics did he tell her that only the killer would know? Is there ANY evidence at all that he was in Delphi from 130-330 on the 13th? I think if there was something solid that showed EF was even possibly in Delphi they would have presented it because that would bolster their defense of using the SODDI.. if they can't even present one basic provable detail in the hearing then why would the judge allow them to present things at trial? I thought this was the point of the hearing so the judge could determine weather they can use this defense at trial. Surely, if they had something solid, they would have presented it so she would allow them to proceed with that defense strategy.

His cell phone did not list an IMEI but did have the following:
MEID256 691 463 100I53 495
MEIDHEX-9900247025797

Thanks for finding this! I am not sure what those numbers mean. Do cell phones usually have an IMEI number? I think I need to google so I understand what these numbers are and why his didn't have the IMEI number.

My phones are tiny enough to fit in my pockets. No one one likely notice it not being used in my hand even if I were walking. Lack of noticing or mentioning one doesn’t mean didn’t have one (but it won’t shock me if he didn’t have one).

So it seems IMEI is an important thing. It is odd that RA's phone didn't have one. Just reading this article explains what it is and why it's important. I am not sure why his phone didn't have one. Anyone know more about this in general that might know of legit reasons why a phone wouldn't have one?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LouTanner
Back