Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #191

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It's entirely possible RA did intend to shoot the girls. In the back. Maybe that's how a bullet ended up between them. Chambered bullet ejected, next one jammed, girls tried to run. He could have caught Abby by the hood, injured her lethally, then reached Libby, 70 feet away. Carrying Abby back the short distance to his chosen place and dragging Libby there.

For all I know, the gun was his intended weapon of choice and he always carried a utility knife of some sorr, just as a matter of course. And it only became the murder weapon because the first one failed.

JMO

Considering the missing clothing, I wonder why they didn't include/take any underwear or socks from RA's home. There were likely 2 pairs of underwear; where is the other pair? Have we even accounted for all the clothing the girls were wearing that day?

Have you seen the leaked photos? There are a few pieces of clothing shown in one or two of those shots.

Thanks. Your point of view is always interesting.

Since I want to know all the details, not just what the court decides I should hear, I think of the docs as the building blocks in the case.

I'm not sure how exhibits are played out.
If the search warrant is marked as Exhibit 1 and the return is marked as Exhibit 2, will they be introduced at trial?
Not the OP, but every item for trial will have to be presented, and the judge will determine if it can be admitted. Some, of course, might be agreed to be by both sides in a stipulation. The process can be very tedious and the Defense can and has a right to challenge each item (as does the State for anything the Defense might wish to introduce). Stipulations are a good thing. Helps moves process along.

Otherwise there will be a lot of this:

Called an officer to the stand who responded to the call.
Calling a tech who took swabs.
Calling an analyst who tested the swab.
Calling another analyst who tested it for DNA.

The more that's agreed to agead of time, the smoother the trial IMO.

JMO

If the 3- day hearing had been favorable to the defense, would you have expected news reports to be silent and non-transparent? So it happens but it was anything but, even the testimony of defence witnesses was lacking in favor of the D.

How much money did the D collect from the public, what did they do to deserve that? MS gave up 3 days of their life to sit through the hearings, as did various media reporters who get paid by the company they work for.

MOO
Well it was enough to spend $12,000 on a $100-$300-ish round trip to Georgia...to pick up a picture. Must have been a really nice hotel and meals. MO

Have you seen the leaked photos? There are a few pieces of clothing shown in one or two of those shots.
Thanks.
Yes, I did see them.
Maybe I'll go back to that Gray Hughes video where he describes what clothing was worn.

Just to clarify: the photos you refer to are the ones taken by some individual and not leaked by MW?

Last edited:
Well it was enough to spend $12,000 on a $100-$300-ish round trip to Georgia...to pick up a picture. Must have been a really nice hotel and meals. MO

I want your travel tips if you can make a round trip to Georgia from Indiana for $100-$300! (Although I do agree 12K seems excessive).

From what I understood, Harshman testified he never heard RA said he had shooted the girls in the back, so probably is was a confession made to an inmate and it was a telephone game.

I would imagine he left that one out of his testimony and the State purposefully didn't ask him. But, we'll have to wait for the transcripts.

IMO MOO

I would imagine he left that one out of his testimony and the State purposefully didn't ask him. But, we'll have to wait for the transcripts.

IMO MOO
According to MS and others, Rozzi asked that in cross and Harshman said no, he never heard RA saying that in his confessions, so probably it was a confession to an inmate and it was a telephone game.

I would not expect news reports to be silent and non-transparent. However, many do publish info that covers one side better than the other.

To my knowledge, the D did not pocket any of that money raised for experts. Do you have proof they did?
I believe the D took a loss in wages by accepting this case. OTOH, these other folks that you mention all make money for the work they put into this case.

Ahhh, the saint-like defense attorneys that file misleading motions, ignore their client who confessed over 60 times, and charge the state of Indiana $12,000 for a quick trip to Georgia to pick up a single photo that could have been FedExed or emailed to them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Proslakdbf
Back