Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #192

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I keep thinking back on Doctor Wala's testimony. On MurderSheet Day 2 of pretrial
and later, on their follow up episode, it was mentioned that she talks to him about the support he has online. If all he knows is what the DT and Dr Wala tell him about how well the Defence is doing online, maybe he has a distorted idea of how well the DT is performing.

IMO

Ugg yes he could well believe he has an online fan club.

I just have to share a story from the Casey Anthony trial that reminds me how people have a tendency to choose sides in this case as well. Maybe some of you will remember this story too. After the trial had begun each morning a group wearing “Team Ashton” tshirts would await Jeff Ashton’s arrival to the courthouse to welcome him, showing their moral support in his efforts to ‘fry’ CA.

Finally one day he had enough and in no uncertain terms he lashed out at his support group for acting as if a real life terrible tragedy was some kind of sporting event. I assume there was no more Team Ashton after that.

I’ve never forgotten this, especially when I observe back-and-forth banter amongst opposing fans during prime hockey season. There are definite similarities. I guess my point is we should never lose sight that it’s Libby German and Abby Williams at the centre of this tragedy, the two who will never grow older.

In the interest of showing how no actual timeline seems to exist with any clarity:

This article says they were dropped off around 1pm:
Inside the Years-Long Hunt for Justice in the Delphi Murders

1:00pm - Indiana State Police Website:
(Seriously?? How the heck does any of the State’s timeline even almost make sense then given this????)

1:00pm - 2019 Press Conference Delphi murders: New sketch of killer, video from Libby's phone released

1:30:
1:35
1:49:
What is super interesting to me is that the timeline varies so much depending on what article one wants to read! But most interesting is the time noted by the ISP themselves. If this is the timeline on their own damn website, then I’m sorry but it now really feels like they’re trying to make whatever “evidence” and “witnesses” they have fit a *version* or a *theory* of events that cannot be true based on their own stated facts!! It would probably also be really interesting to look at the dates for the articles. I wonder if it gets closer and closer to the timeline the State lays out as it got closer and closer to or just after RA’s arrest…. MOOO.

So, there is no real time line.

I saw 1:13 pm, 1:30 pm and even some making allowances for K German as she didn't get things right with some information including the drop off time, but I do feel that was understandable really as losing a little sister like that and her sister's best friend would have been totally devastating. Gut wrenching and numbing.

Am sure we will see how it all fits by the time it goes to trial.

And I don’t have a link but it goes that according to LE nobody is cleared until an accused is convicted and only then is a crime considered solved.

It’s the jury’s decision if the accused is responsible for committing the crime, not LE.
What an awful notion! That 12 random people get to decide one’s fate based on whatever a judge says they’re allowed to hear about / know about from either side. What a scary thought that 12 people must decide if you’re guilty or not instead of the facts deciding it.

Just because 12 people say you did it, doesn’t ever mean you did. Even the reverse is true. Just ask OJ. You could be perfectly innocent but if 12 people don’t believe you are… Welp. Sorry about your luck!

Simple.... those minors didn't know the man they seen was RA, nor did RA know the juveniles. <modsnip>

They knew it was Bridge guy though because of the video description and we know from the Prosecutions case that RA=BG.

IMO

Okay, nothing is ever over. What’s with D’s inability to move on. Looping……

BBM
FORT WAYNE, Ind. — Special judge Frances Gull is refusing to throw out key evidence in the Delphi Murders case.

Richard Allen is charged with murdering Libby German and Abby Williams. His attorneys had been requesting a Franks Hearing, to dismiss some of the evidence prosecutors used to arrest and charge Allen with multiple counts of murder.
<>

The defense filed a response on Aug. 13, arguing the restrictions would violate Allen's Sixth Amendment Rights.

They also brought up police statements delivered when the prosecution wanted to keep the probable cause for Allen's arrest sealed. Those police statements mentioned that the investigation was "on going."

Allen's attorneys say that means the State has admitted someone else could have been responsible for the murders. “
If they believe they have a case and JG isn’t hearing them, then I believe they SHOULD take this back to her or, if necessary, over her head. The current D isn’t the only set of attorneys who had issues with the search warrant - Scranton and Lebrato said they had planned to file their own Franks as well though said theirs would have been different somehow - we weren’t told how. I would have liked to have seen what they would have filed!! I wonder if the D has asked them?

For those who may have forgotten about this, here’s a link:

Has anyone come across an article or interview with either direct quotes from LE regarding this matter or audio/video where we can hear them say this for ourselves?
I've posted many times the interview that Anna Williams did. She discusses LE letting her listen to the audio.

In the MS Greenlee stated that because RA was the one who made the appeal to the Supreme Court to reinstate R&B, he pretty much gives up the right to appeal on basis of ineffective counsel. I am not a lawyer, but it sounded like the fact that RA had to sign that he understands about the leaks and he still wants them on, will make it much harder to appeal. (IMO - my interpretation)

Somehow that kind of explains why the DT is over-litigating, since it is 'their fault' (in a way) that RA no longer has the avenue of ineffective counsel to pursue during appeals. (JMO)

i don’t believe the SC actually commented on this point in their judgement but I tend to agree with your logic …. IMO

No, it’s not.
What would make it a negative thing in your mind (or anyone’s mind) if she had opted to hold the hearing on it? I am confused. Do we not want RA to have a fair trial? Should the trial not be based on facts and evidence that lead to his arrest in the first place? If the LE was untruthful or twisted things or omitted things to get their SW, why wouldn’t we want to know about it via a hearing? People complain the D does these things; twists things/mistates things etc - wouldn’t it be good to make them dance and watch them squirm in a hearing?

RDT_20240814_1559314375197287570909981.png

Has this been posted in here yet?

Why do you think the first portion of the hearing is closed to the public and will this be accessible at all afterwards? Eg Transcripts.

Since the last hearing we know one reason why the State said they were looking at possible additional perps post RAs arrest. they stated they were looking for any connection to KAK. MS reported no link was found to KAK.

MOO.

Yes this is the one I was referring to earlier. Very helpful for anyone struggling to “see” how the timeline works.
Every time I watch this I wonder if RA hadn’t seen part of the group of girls (witnesses) on the trails as he drove past on CR300N. I often wonder if he had considered targeting them but took too long gathering his kill kit and by the time he caught up to them they were in public view of Hoosier Highway.
I wonder if they weren’t facing east when he drove past them and he thought they were heading to MHB or perhaps he didn’t see all 4 or the youngest.
I do feel he drove the long way to the trails so he could see how populated it was- If there were any targets.
It could explain his haste and glaring. It’s a chilling thought.

I wish his plans for evil that day had been thwarted.
All my opinion
How long a drive do you think it was for him to the trails? His house was I think close enough that he probably coulda walked there had been so inclined. I don’t have the map handy but if you google his address to the trail, it’s a few mins.

What would make it a negative thing in your mind (or anyone’s mind) if she had opted to hold the hearing on it? I am confused. Do we not want RA to have a fair trial? Should the trial not be based on facts and evidence that lead to his arrest in the first place? If the LE was untruthful or twisted things or omitted things to get their SW, why wouldn’t we want to know about it via a hearing? People complain the D does these things; twists things/mistates things etc - wouldn’t it be good to make them dance and watch them squirm in a hearing?

The Judge has specifically ruled that LE did not make untruthful statements or mislead the court. This question is settled as far as the case is concerned.

it doesn’t make sense to keep talking about Franks as if LE lied when the Judge has definitively ruled they did not.

The defence did not reach the standard for a Franks hearing at the end of the day.

MOO

IMO if the state puts them on the stand, then they’re fair game to the D team. I would rip them to shreds if I were RA’s lawyer. It’s not their job to worry about the mental anguish of the witnesses imo. Their only worry is RA. The jury may not like it. But that’s always a risk. You can’t always accomplish the task without risking making someone upset. IMO if a witness falls apart on the stand, if their testimony falls down with them, then I’m ok with that. A strong witness can still fall apart and be emotional but their statement won’t change and they’ll rebuke any suggestions by counsel that they didn’t see what they think or said they did.
And if the defense is so battering to a witness on the stand that the witness does break down and gets emotional but sticks to their truth, you don't think the jurors could then view that negatively? That would be an ok thing in the defense's scheme of things? To be thought of as a bully and possibly have that disgust transferred to their client? They can and should thoroughly cross examine without it coming off as an attack. AJMO

So, there is no real time line.

I saw 1:13 pm, 1:30 pm and even some making allowances for K German as she didn't get things right with some information including the drop off time, but I do feel that was understandable really as losing a little sister like that and her sister's best friend would have been totally devastating. Gut wrenching and numbing.

Am sure we will see how it all fits by the time it goes to trial.
So long as it fits and isn’t *forced to fit*. The ISP website says around 1pm. That’s not been changed so I’m not sure why they’re stating it now as something totally different?! That’s one massive discrepancy imo. If they were dropped off around 1pm then the whole timeline the state wants people to believe is off.

The Judge has specifically ruled that LE did not make untruthful statements or mislead the court. This question is settled as far as the case is concerned.

it doesn’t make sense to keep talking about Franks as if LE lied when the Judge has definitively ruled they did not.

The defence did not reach the standard for a Franks hearing at the end of the day.

MOO
My post was in response to someone else who shared a link stating the matter is not settled as the D had filed something else regarding the franks being denied without hearing. I wonder if the D will take this matter over JG’s head? Who’s higher? The Supreme Court? I wonder if this will be delayed again - this time because JG refuses to actually settle it. With a hearing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste
Back