Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #192

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If Kelsi was on the phone to her boyfriend then they can check her call log, so maybe originally she gave the wrong time, but then they could check the records to firm up the time.

She was dealing with her sister being murdered, and I am positive it was all quite overwhelming, so maybe her timing was off. When she dropped them off she couldn’t have imagined the horror that was about to unfold.

MOO

And if the defense is so battering to a witness on the stand that the witness does break down and gets emotional but sticks to their truth, you don't think the jurors could then view that negatively? That would be an ok thing in the defense's scheme of things? To be thought of as a bully and possibly have that disgust transferred to their client? They can and should thoroughly cross examine without it coming off as an attack. AJMO
I don’t actually care one bit how the D comes off if they’re questioning a witness. I feel badly for whomever is on the stand sure. I hope they do it as nicely as they can. I hope they’ll do their best not to make themselves look awful but the jurors shouldn’t be deciding a case on their feelings about the lawyers, should they?

Last edited:
One would think, even as a Non-attorney, a Lay-person, that it would be time better spent.

But this D team is not doing that.

I wonder if RA even knows that his defense team are a bunch of circus clowns just throwing crap out there to see what sticks ???
I get why some people think this but I kinda like their tenacity! I like that they have continued to mount a vigorous defense and that they’ve taken issue with JG refusing to have a franks hearing. Moo.

The minors saw a male and allegedly LG took the photo, was it RA as you say? Hopefully one day we will know the answer. IMO
The photo was by a bench on the trail, (probably a group photo?) not a photo of RA. The important thing about that photo was the time stamp, not the subject matter. The witness said they passed RA right after the photo was taken, the group on their way out of the trails, he on his way in, going towards the bridge. That's my understanding of that photo

I don’t actually care one bit how the D comes off if they’re questioning a witness. I feel badly for whomever is on the stand sure. I hope they do it as nicely as they can. I hope they’ll do their best not to make themselves look awful but the jurors shouldn’t be deciding a case on their feelings about the lawyers, should they?
My point was not the caring about the witness on the stand but caring about how the jury might negatively view the attorney and how that could then attach itself to the defendant. Jurors are not bots, they're humans with sensibilities. Beating up on witnesses causing tears, not necessarily a good or effective look in front of a jury. AJMO and we can agree to disagree

View attachment 524461

Has this been posted in here yet?

Why do you think the first portion of the hearing is closed to the public and will this be accessible at all afterwards? Eg Transcripts.
I was wondering about that too. One thought was perhaps something surrounding the confessions, maybe reviewing actual audio/video or discussing the content of the statement more in-depth ?

The state told the defense in their response that the defense should itemize every statement that they wanted suppressed and at the hearing the state generalized the statements. There wasn’t a final number or any details. So I wonder if they do a closed door hearing if they could actually talk about them more specifically?

So long as it fits and isn’t *forced to fit*. The ISP website says around 1pm. That’s not been changed so I’m not sure why they’re stating it now as something totally different?! That’s one massive discrepancy imo. If they were dropped off around 1pm then the whole timeline the state wants people to believe is off.

Look what I did with 1:13 pm so it definitely would change with 1:00 pm and again with 1: 30 pm and 1: 49 pm.

Fit not forced to fit - agreed.

I was wondering about that too. One thought was perhaps something surrounding the confessions, maybe reviewing actual audio/video or discussing the content of the statement more in-depth ?

The state told the defense in their response that the defense should itemize every statement that they wanted suppressed and at the hearing the state generalized the statements. There wasn’t a final number or any details. So I wonder if they do a closed door hearing if they could actually talk about them more specifically?

Possibly.

I wonder if plea bargaining or a plea deal may come in or not at this point.

I hope it whatever is going on behind closed doors is made available whatever it is.

This Gray Hughes no frills animation is so good IMO. No talking and quick.

This is the best I've seen to date. Stunning. I've been visualizing how the state will present their theory, and this is exactly how I thought they would. It gave me sadness watching it, very sad.

Simple.... those minors didn't know the man they seen was RA, nor did RA know the juveniles. <modsnip>

One would think the witnesses would know what Richard Allen looks like now. We should see in trial, if it ever gets to trial, we should see if the girls can identify Richard Allen as the person they passed. The girls may not have known his name at that time.

The whole “but they said the case is ongoing!” thing will never fly. A case isn’t closed until there is a conviction (or there is extremely solid evidence a deceased individual did it), and RA hasn’t been convicted yet. It’s also entirely possible someone else helped RA in some way, which would still be inculpatory for RA and still in line with his felony murder charges. I don’t expect this last-ditch motion to succeed.

JMO

Why were these pleadings not included in the original motions/filings I wonder?

There was literally a witness at the hearing who went in to how LE investigated any potential link between RA and KAK after RA was arrested. It seems likely that is what Nick was referring to?

The test remains the same - what evidence links KAK to the murders. We have his cat fishing and his seemingly false admissions. So that may well be enough to get him in - but is not relevant to the others?

MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste
Back