Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #193

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
In the latest MS podcast, 'The Defence's Third Party Memorandum', they mention that during the pretrial hearing a crime-scene analysis expert testified that there was only evidence of absolutely minimal moving of the girls post-death. (It is heart-wrenching, but Greenlee said - it was so minimal, as if someone was checking if Libby was still breathing).

So if the Crime Scene investigator didn't misread the blood evidence TERRIBLY, the idea of the bodies having been moved is a non-starter. I don't think the DT disputed that testimony, btw.

All my understanding and MOO

I can’t find what I’m looking for and I don’t think I’m dreaming. I could swear I read Libby had an app on her cellphone that measured the amount of time the cellphone was moving (an exercise app?) but I can’t find a source. Hopefully someone knows what I’m talking about.

I can’t find what I’m looking for and I don’t think I’m dreaming. I could swear I read Libby had an app on her cellphone that measured the amount of time the cellphone was moving (an exercise app?) but I can’t find a source. Hopefully someone knows what I’m talking about.
Yes, I don’t have a source handy but the built-in health metrics were brought up at one of the 3 hearings. Activity was recorded until sometime around 2:30 I believe, and then no more activity.

Just my opinion since I don’t have a specific source handy.

LE know when the girls were abducted at 2:14pm as DTH was recorded on the video’s audio on Libby’s phone. But dead within 18 minutes, how did they arrive at that? The app which I can find no mention of? Regardless that the girls were taken and then returned at 4:30am to be murdered is a really doubtful theory, another one based on no proof other than a cellphone becoming active. IMO

“While investigators believe Abby and Libby were abducted at 2:14 p.m. on that Monday and dead within 18 minutes….

Out of the three day hearing.

Her phone tracked the number of steps taken. It ceased all step counting and movement 18 minutes after they were kidnapped.

Abby and Libby set out on the trail at 1:35 pm and Libby posted a photo at 2:07 pm of Abby walking along the bridge. Police believe they were kidnapped at 2:14 pm and killed within 18 minutes.

Here's a post about it from 3 Aug when MS was still being watced by most ... it's already a few theads ago!!

Do I have to click on your profile and be taken off the thread to see your "link in signature"?

I can't see your signature block (first time hearing about "signature lines on our profiles") on ths page in this thread.

I thought our reference links had to be provided with the post that it was applicable to?

Colour me confused.

Hmmm, not really sure. Are you on a phone or a computer? On a computer, you can see everyone's signatures and would not have to click elsewhere. On a phone....not sure? Maybe you can't see it? I don't usually access Websleuths on my phone.

Hmmm, not really sure. Are you on a phone or a computer? On a computer, you can see everyone's signatures and would not have to click elsewhere. On a phone....not sure? Maybe you can't see it? I don't usually access Websleuths on my phone.
Nope; I'm on a laptop and I do not see any 'signture' on your profile to the left of your post nor when hovering over your username.

Screenshot attached of both:

Screenshot.jpg

Nope; I'm on a laptop and I do not see any 'signture' on your profile to the left of your post nor when hovering over your username.

Screenshot attached of both:

View attachment 525163

Oh, interesting! I wonder if I have a setting disabled? I'll have to check. Here's what I see.

ETA: Can't figure it out...unless links aren't allowed in signatures? In my settings, its shows up, and it shows up for me, so....no ideas.

1723866676789.png

Last edited:
Oh, interesting! I wonder if I have a setting disabled? I'll have to check. Here's what I see.

ETA: Can't figure it out...unless links aren't allowed in signatures? In my settings, its shows up, and it shows up for me, so....no ideas.

View attachment 525164
I see it the way you see it, but earlier I saw it as Vern saw it. I refreshed my browser and it was then fine - that may help?

4 pm vs 4 am

IMO and I'm loathe to type this, there's going to be stomach contents (time of last meal was witnessed), rigor, insect activity. Possible that the time of death had a range of "12 +/-" rendering it indeterminate but I'm hopeful it is evident, granting clarity, like 4 hrs +/-.

The totality of it all is just so sinister...

The terror.

The mental picture of Libby, likely having just witnessed him injure Abby, trying to run. For help. Or for her life.

Her hand to her neck, time must have stopped... and she may well have run INTO that tree. Headlong. Only enough wherewithal to put a hand out to keep from falling/crashing into it.

Surely LE will be able to paint the sad picture, based on all of the blood patterns. Where she was when first injured, which injury was first, last. How much time she may have been in any one spot. Photographs the poor jurors will never un̈
see.

THIS will forever stick with me: at the end of a different trial, guilty verdict, the judge thanked, commended and released them, but not before wishing them well, his sincere wish that they could recover...

If RA had an ounce of conscience, he'd sign and date his confession, put a stamp on it, and, if his Defense won't accept it, then on to the Prosecution who will.

I know I've said it before but believe it more and more, I wish he'd have missed a step, and let the river swallow him whole.

JMO

The signature shows at the bottom of a post, not anywhere by a profile pic. It is okay on my end @TTF14

Last edited:
Typing this while 6 pages behind --

EF

What sounds horribly incriminating might actually be very simple and innocent.

"I was on that trail. On the bridge with those girls. I spit... she was a troublemaker..."

I was on the trail, on the bridge -- the same one the girls were on -- at an unspecified time.

Comparable to how most people would say it. I can't believe it happened there, I've been in that very spot. I've stood on that platform a hundred times.

He might have spit from that bridge. He might have heard people before and after talking about the victims (who was a troublemaker and who was not) and incorporated it into his own narrative.

Context will matter.

There might be some real innocence and naivety reflected in his words.

JMO

LE know when the girls were abducted at 2:14pm as DTH was recorded on the video’s audio on Libby’s phone. But dead within 18 minutes, how did they arrive at that? The app which I can find no mention of? Regardless that the girls were taken and then returned at 4:30am to be murdered is a really doubtful theory, another one based on no proof other than a cellphone becoming active. IMO

“While investigators believe Abby and Libby were abducted at 2:14 p.m. on that Monday and dead within 18 minutes….
So most smartphones have built in pedometers. If you have samsung, it comes with build in samsung health that automatically counts your steps.

Any kind of modern-ish smartphone counts your steps in the background, unless you opt-out.

From Google AI (what a time to be alive... take it with a pinch of salt):
'
Yes, many smartphones have built-in sensors that can count your steps, including accelerometers, gyroscopes, and GPS. These sensors work together to detect movement, determine direction, and track distance. You can also use apps to track your steps, such as:

• Apple Health: Available on iPhones, this app includes a dashboard that shows your steps, walking and running distance, and flights climbed.

• Google Fit: Available on Android phones, this app includes your steps, estimated calories burned, and other fitness information.

• Pacer: This popular app has a free version that works as a pedometer.

The accuracy of your phone's step counter depends on the quality of its sensors. For example, shaking your phone might be recognized as walking by the phone's motion sensor, which could count steps. Some say that putting your phone in your pocket instead of your bag can also provide a more accurate count.
'

EF

"I was on that trail. On the bridge with those girls. I spit... she was a troublemaker..."

I was on the trail, on the bridge -- the same one the girls were on -- at an unspecified time.

Comparable to how most people would say it. I can't believe it happened there, I've been in that very spot. I've stood on that platform a hundred times.

He might have spit from that bridge. He might have heard people before and after talking about the victims (who was a troublemaker and who was not) and incorporated it into his own narrative.

Context will matter.

JMO
context is everything when it comes to things people say for sure. Big part of why I want all the info on the things RA has said. I don’t want vague remarks that say he made incriminating statements. Not enough for me I hope the D ask alllll the questions.

EF

Context will matter.

JMO

This is a good possibility.
EF made what sounds like incriminating statements. But, as you have stated, we don't have the full conversation or context.

If LE really thought that he was involved, we would know.

He is an easy target.

He willingly gave a mouth swab.
I can't help but wonder if he didn't understand why that was needed. He might have been trying to clarify what happens with his "spit".

The officers that looked at EF confirmed that there is nothing that connects him to the crime scene .

IMO it's because he wasn't there.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia
Back